Thiago Alcantara

Sweden

Looks like he is going to Liverpool. They are going to be unstoppable next year with Thiago pulling the strings in midfield.

Thiago - Fabinho- Keita

Sounds like a complete midfield 3.

because of injuries. klopp has been easing him in recently and he's looked like their best midfielder at the moment. i expect him to become a starter next season

Henderson is first name in their midfield and that wont change.

Exactly. How can you rank Keita ahead of Henderson? Thats just insane.
Even Wijnaldum are higher up in the pecking order but maybe not next season.
He would never be ahead of Hendo and Thiago though.
Keita should consider his future if Thiago joins. He is only 25 and would be spending to much time on the bench.

Last edited:

Jenks

Henderson is a very limited player, all he really does is bring great mobility and pressing, and he's just turned 30. I doubt Klopp would hesitate to replace him.

Catta

Henderson is their captain, his leadership is much more important than any attribute Keita, Thiago or Wijnaldum have over him. If Barca had a couple of guys like him against Liverpool, they wouldn't have lost 4-0.

JamDav1982

Henderson is a very limited player, all he really does is bring great mobility and pressing, and he's just turned 30. I doubt Klopp would hesitate to replace him.

Henderson has arguably been Liverpools best player this season and they have suffered without him or when he has not been fully fit.

Covers pitch, tracks back to plug gaps left by full backs, can score goals and his range of passing has been top class.

Not a limited player and is their captain.

Lets see but I doubt he replaced by Thiago who could never do the same job.

Batistuta9

I always thought that about Henderson, but this season he has been fantastic. His leadership is underrated and he will be top 3 in PFA player of the year alongside de bruyne and mane. We'll deserved imo

andyparker

Exactly. How can you rank Keita ahead of Henderson? Thats just insane.
Even Wijnaldum are higher up in the pecking order but maybe not next season.
He would never be ahead of Hendo and Thiago though.
Keita should consider his future if Thiago joins. He is only 25 and would be spending to much time on the bench.

Yes you are correct. They will have abundance of options. It is going to be very difficult for any team in world football to stop them next season.

You have teams like PSG and Man City that look good in some departments but weak in others. If Liverpool sign Thiago they will look complete in every department and have youth coming through. I envy them to be honest

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I very much doubt Thiago signs with us. If he does I suspect it will be because Gini leaves.

Keita is going to be a baller though and has been our best player since the restart, which isn't saying much, but he has been very good. His dribbling and penetration through the middle and cuteness with the ball with those effective knock ons and 1-2's with the others in midfield and attack means he will be an asset for us. He has to do more, a lot more and do it consistently over a season to really cement his place but I think Klopp will give him that opportunity.

I'd really love us to sign Thiago btw because of his creativity through the middle which we lack but unless one of our main midfielders leave I don't see us spending the money on him.

Henderson isn't a limited player but we do suffer sometimes when we play some of the midfield together as our game also relies upon the two full backs. Fabinho and Gini are our most tactically intelligent players and Klopp makes use of the fact he now has two players in midfield who can make the right decisions. When those spaces appear when the full backs move forward, Fabinho would wander into them knowing Gini would always drop in to cover. We don't get that with either Henderson or Milner on the pitch simply because they don't play as interior midfielders and move outside the shape.

However Henderson offers us more as a player with his passing which is underrated as his season average is 84% which is pretty damn good and he hardly ever gets dispossessed in possession. His drive to win, leadership and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team are all intangibles people don't see when watching us infrequently.

Against low-block teams we generally lack that creativeness and dynamism a fully fit Keita would bring or Thiago would bring. Against teams showing a bit more ambition then Fabinho and Henderson are the first two names on the team sheet.

We also see when Henderson is out of the team with injury that we lack something when he is missing. However going into 2021/22 both he and Gini will be gradually phased out from first team players to either squad players like Milner or have left the club completely. As they aren't getting younger.

But this is the Thiago thread as I said I'd love to sign him but I can't see it.

andyparker

I very much doubt Thiago signs with us. If he does I suspect it will be because Gini leaves.

Keita is going to be a baller though and has been our best player since the restart, which isn't saying much, but he has been very good. His dribbling and penetration through the middle and cuteness with the ball with those effective knock ons and 1-2's with the others in midfield and attack means he will be an asset for us. He has to do more, a lot more and do it consistently over a season to really cement his place but I think Klopp will give him that opportunity.

I'd really love us to sign Thiago btw because of his creativity through the middle which we lack but unless one of our main midfielders leave I don't see us spending the money on him.

Henderson isn't a limited player but we do suffer sometimes when we play some of the midfield together as our game also relies upon the two full backs. Fabinho and Gini are our most tactically intelligent players and Klopp makes use of the fact he now has two players in midfield who can make the right decisions. When those spaces appear when the full backs move forward, Fabinho would wander into them knowing Gini would always drop in to cover. We don't get that with either Henderson or Milner on the pitch simply because they don't play as interior midfielders and move outside the shape.

However Henderson offers us more as a player with his passing which is underrated as his season average is 84% which is pretty damn good and he hardly ever gets dispossessed in possession. His drive to win, leadership and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team are all intangibles people don't see when watching us infrequently.

Against low-block teams we generally lack that creativeness and dynamism a fully fit Keita would bring or Thiago would bring. Against teams showing a bit more ambition then Fabinho and Henderson are the first two names on the team sheet.

We also see when Henderson is out of the team with injury that we lack something when he is missing. However going into 2021/22 both he and Gini will be gradually phased out from first team players to either squad players like Milner or have left the club completely. As they aren't getting younger.

But this is the Thiago thread as I said I'd love to sign him but I can't see it.

Yeah I think we should go for Keita or Thiago. Both would be big upgrades on our midfield, other than FDJ. Rest have seen better days and get overrun and out thought by the bigger teams.

gregorrin10

Sell Rakitic for 20 back to Sevilla and Vidal for 20 to China or wherever and buy Thiago for 30M...there's your 10M to balance the books :p But this is a much too logical move for this Board to actually make, of course. With Thiago and Pjanić, and young guns like Puig and Alena (and possibly even Pedri) De Jong could finally play his best position and Messi wouldn't have to go back to midfield every attack, since we'd actually have more than one creative midfielder in our lineup.

Home of Barca Fans