The State of Barcelona under Lucho

Hektor

Hi:

I'm going to re-post what I wrote in the thread of the Real Sociedad game. I believe that this is a very important discussion that cannot be buried under the game thread.

Last year, under a much-maligned “Tata,” we were, at this junction, something like 15-1-1. We lost it in the second half! The Barcelona Sports Press, the ones responsible for running Tata out of town, suffers from amnesia, selective amnesia or moral turpitude. They (the Barcelona Sports Press) forgot that Messi got hurt! They forgot that Neymar got hurt! They forgot that Pique got hurt! And finally, they forgot that Victor Valdes got hurt! We were one goal away from winning La Liga and/or one goal away from winning La Copa del Rey. Anyone of these players would have made the difference, especially Victor Valdes. Instead we had to depend on a 38-year-old keeper whose playing career was over. When Barca was 15-1-1 under Tata, the press criticized him because "Barcelona did not play like Barcelona," whatever that meant.

They forgot that Lucho got plenty of reinforcement and Tata had to do with what he got, with no reinforcements.

They forgot about the disastrous pre-season tour of Asia that set the team back for weeks.

They forgot that Lucho was a disaster in Milan and only had an average season with Celta.

What was Lucho thinking by sitting Messi, Neymar, and Danny at least for the first half? Madrid just lost and they looked shocked and very downed as they were hearing our footsteps behind them. We let them back in the hunt! Didn’t Lucho realize that a resounding win, might win us La Liga! I can say undoubtedly and without any reservations that we lost La Liga, today – Lucho threw it away. He is clueless!

Didn’t Bartomeu and Zubizarreta know that Barca could not bring players until January 2016? And yet they sold Cesc and Alexis! Are they mentally incapacitated? We basically traded Cesc for Rakitic and Alexis for Mugnir. That alone are grounds enough to qualify for a mental asylum internment, because they are a danger to themselves and others!

They forgot that Lucho was going to reactivate La Masia, unlike Tata. They forgot that young players, from La Masia, are in the grace of the almighty Lucho and in disgrace of the same almighty at the drop of a hat! What happened to Bartra, Mugnir, Sandro, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Douglas, Dongou, just to name a few. Weren't they going to play a big role? They play a few minutes and then they don't for games. That is no way to break in players by giving them hope and dashing it away.

They forgot that Tata was breaking in players from La Masia, without any fanfare and with success.

They forgot that Tata is the one that broke in Neymar very nicely.

I totally believe that we could have used Cesc and Alexis, agains Real Sociedad. Where was Rakitik, “the new Beckenbauer,” when the team needed him the most? Filing his nails because the great one (Lucho) did not trust him. Mind you that it is not Rakitik's fault or doing. However, I prefer Cesc to Rakitik. Are you still rolling on the ground laughing your head off? In the same token and spirit of comedy, I prefer Tata to Lucho! I know, my sense of humor knows no bounds.

I fully realize that we cannot win everything, all the time. There are going to be good years, very good years, and lean ones. I will enjoy, to the fullest, the good years and support my team through the lean ones. However, I expect and demand that our players give their best, all the time, and that the coach fields a well though-out and executed game plan. If we are not good enough or others are better, so be it. However, when we had something like 500 million Euros sitting on the bench due to stupidity from our coach, it is unacceptable - totally unacceptable! Luis Enrique should get fired, today! Period! No arguments or excuses like the ones Lucho gave: "we were unlucky and deserved more. We played very well." Is he that much out of touch with reality or believes that others are stupid enough to swallow his lame and unacceptable excuses? I have news for Lucho: we played like nothing in the first half. By the time the calvary arrived, in the second half, and we started to play as we can, it was too late - too late, Lucho!

The “Three Stooges” of Zubi, Barto, and Lucho (the successors of Moe, Larry, and Curly) have to go - the sooner the better - especially Lucho.

Best regards,

Hektor

Last edited:

FiReFTW

Great post but it won't do any good, nothing will be done, and Lucho the loco will stay till the end of the season unless Barca would face relegation.

hamad138

Banned
Even with messi and neymar we played so badly, we have no plan B. That is the most worrying part, useless possesion , weak defenders.

With 150mil I would have got:

Kroos
Reus
Ricardo Rodriguez
Koke
Benatia

But now were stuck with suarez rakitic douglas mathieu and vermalen omg

There has never been a plan b for several years .
Every team knows exactly how we play now and also know we can't change it .

dakt

Even with messi and neymar we played so badly, we have no plan B. That is the most worrying part, useless possesion , weak defenders.

Kroos
Reus
Ricardo Rodriguez
Koke
Benatia

We are not stuck. It's up to a manager to pull the best out of the team. And how can he, when he rotates the team like fucking hooker rotates his customers. And he's fucking dumb enough to persist with this fucking strategy.
Sorry for swearing, but I'm fucking pissed every time I hear his fucking name.

hamad138

Banned
There has never been a plan b for several years .
Every team knows exactly how we play now and also know we can't change it .

Sergio Busquets spoke to Barça TV on Sunday evening after Luis Enrique’s side lost 1-0 at Real Sociedad. The midfielder left a worrying conclusion for the club’s supporters: “We do not have many ways of playing,we have no plan B.”

THAT WE KNOW 2YEARS BACK, OMG .... Get rid of barca dna and bartemeo

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The play style under Lucho reminds me of anti madrid banter a few years ago about their tactical game plan: Get the ball, pass to ronaldo.

Here it's: get the ball, pass to fullback.

MagIX

Kroos
Reus
Ricardo Rodriguez
Koke
Benatia

That's an interessing question:
Knowing our problems in the recent years (e.g. CB) and knowing we are selling Cesc and Alexis, which players would you buy witha budget of 154mio ?
If I had asked the question on May, at the end of last season......
.... and I would have reponsed: 80mio for Suarez, 20mio for Mathieu, 15mio for Vermaelen, 5mio for Douglas:120mio of the 150mio for these players!! = I would get (rightly) a permanent ban

Bertus

Kroos
Reus
Ricardo Rodriguez
Koke
Benatia

Dortmund would not have sold Reus. People need to understand that.

Beside that I agree with those other names. Especially Benatia and Kroos. Even more because kroos really wanted to join Barcelona over RM. But the board gave him the cold shoulder (Lucho too probably).

So frustrating.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The “Three Stooges” of Zubi, Barto, and Lucho (the successors of Moe, Larry, and Curly) have to go - the sooner the better - especially Lucho

Would prefer the board to fuck off over Lucho leaving. The board are poison to the club and would only appoint another Lucho.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Kroos
Reus
Ricardo Rodriguez
Koke
Benatia

Aside from Verm and Douglas the other signings are at the same level as your replacements if not better.

Edit: would have liked kroos as well.

Last edited:

Bertus

Aside from Verm and Douglas the other signings are at the same level as your replacements if not better.

Edit: would have liked kroos as well.
I disagree.

Reus would fit Barca system better than Suarez imo.

Koke and Kroos would have more impact than Rakitic.

Benatia is better than Mathieu and only butthurt barca fans try to imply otherwise.

And I really like Mathieu as I said it many times, but sorry, Benatia is in a league above him, that's all.

L

linetty

Suarez is too sloppy to play fast football in tight spaces. Reus would've been a better fit and wouldn't have problems with playing on the wing.

Home of Barca Fans