The RB situation

What to do about the RB situation?

• Total voters

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
This is going to bite us in the ass so many times throughout the season. Imagine these guys up against the likes of Ronaldo etc. when they are already getting destroyed in pre-season by B players from Leicester and Celtic.

F

Flavia

maybe try busi as a cb and make masche a rb so that sergei can play as a dm in 442 diamond?

No. Busi can't play cb. And why move him from his best position? They should just sign a RB.

FC B

Just 2 pre-season games, but the RB situation is worrying. The other issues were solved, and I really hope Lucho and Robert reconsider their position about this. I don't trust Bob or Vidal defensively, this could be a really weak link on the team. I'd sell Arda and get a rb and a fwd, or keep Munir and sign a rb. But I think we really need a rb.

Agreed.
I consider Barca strongly need two reliable players, first for the rb spot and second for a reserve forward. So it has become mandatory to sell Arda and use the money for at least one of those weak spots of the team but not to them, unfortunately.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No one was getting destoyed.

Vidal had a good first half. Very strong going forward and showed great energy. Had a couple moments poor defensively. Would say almost every other defender was worse defensively tonight though and still building fitness.

Roberto had some bad moments as well as other players but those two between them will be fine I think.

It will be like it was for Masche and Alves in past where every slight mistake is magnified.

hulinat

No. Busi can't play cb. And why move him from his best position? They should just sign a RB.

busi is in his element as a cb. in practise he plays there like all the time. masche is too good for bench so he can be thrown as a rb so he can make those vintage runs down the right flank and link up well with messi and the boys

F

Flavia

No one was getting destoyed.

Vidal had a good first half. Very strong going forward and showed great energy. Had a couple moments poor defensively. Would say almost every other defender was worse defensively tonight though and still building fitness.

Roberto had some bad moments as well as other players but those two between them will be fine I think.

It will be like it was for Masche and Alves in past where every slight mistake is magnified.

Vidal is good going forward. But he can't defend. Alves is still one of the best RB's out there, can't compare Vidal to him. I don't think waiting for Vidal and Bob to learn how to defend and positioning is a good idea, when there's still money, players that can be sold, and time to fix this.

busi is in his element as a cb. in practise he plays there like all the time. masche is too good for bench so he can be thrown as a rb so he can make those vintage runs down the right flank and link up well with messi and the boys

Pep played him there, did you forget? Then he saw he couldn't do it, and moved Masch to CB instead. Busquets is the best dm in the world. It'd be stupid to move him from there.

JamDav1982

Vidal is good going forward. But he can't defend. Alves is still one of the best RB's out there, can't compare Vidal to him. I don't think waiting for Vidal and Bob to learn how to defend and positioning is a good idea, when there's still money, players that can be sold, and time to fix this.

Pep played him there, did you forget? Then he saw he couldn't do it, and moved Masch to CB instead. Busquets is the best dm in the world. It'd be stupid to move him from there.

Not compared the ability of Alves and Bob/Vidal at all.

If anything I am saying Alves and Masch as legends were targets on here for years about 'cant defend' etc and people overplayed every slight mistake.

Same will happen with those two.

F

Flavia

Not compared the ability of Alves and Bob/Vidal at all.

If anything I am saying Alves and Masch as legends were targets on here for years about 'cant defend' etc and people overplayed every slight mistake.

Same will happen with those two.

Vidal can't defend, though. Not just based on this 2 pre-season games, but also last season. He needs to improve a lot his positioning and defending. It's a gamble that might not pay off.

JamDav1982

Vidal can't defend, though. Not just based on this 2 pre-season games, but also last season. He needs to improve a lot his positioning and defending. It's a gamble that might not pay off.

He is not a good defender juts now I agree with that. Dont think he is utterly abysmal as some make out.

His positioning and closing down were good today for most part and he has proved he has offensive side of game.

Not saying 100% will be a success but has a chance to make that position and cant think of one player could sign that would be a sure thing anyway.

Devils

Vidal also never got consistent playing time last year to grow into the role.

It's pre-season, we're going to have to see how things turn out at least 1/2 into this season before we call for thee verdict.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is why we have pre-season. He will learn and adapt or he'll fail.
Alba improved his defensive skills, so can Vidal.

Home of Barca Fans