The Dutch Eredivisie

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
AFCA, why would you think Boilesen can outplay Blind? I haven't seen him for a while of course, don't know how he does on training. But Blind impresses me way more, although I do think he is also just a 'normal' leftback, not incredibly talented (don't see him at a Man United etc, that's what I mean). What are the real pro's for Boilesen?

AFCA

Blind lacks speed. Which is a weakness when you play a high defensive line. He doesn't just lack speed when defending, but also when attacking. I like Blind, but Boilesen has speed, height, good crosses, he can get past his man with ease and is more aggressive in his defending, everything Blind lacks. He has been injured for a long time but if he can keep up his pre-season form he will bench Blind with two fingers in his nose. He can become better than Vertonghen.

Darko

So whats the deal with Ajax this year,wanted to put a bet on them wining with 2 or more goals difference tommorow against Roda but remembered their horrible % of finished chances last year,they dominated every game but sometimes failed to score more than one or two and conceded goals in a Barcelona way(opponents had 1 shot and it was a goal kinda thing).
So is it worth playing at just 1.30,or is it a great safe bet because they will demolish them?

B

BrianSwan

Gonna be watching a lot of the Eredivisie this season as I now have the channel to watch the games, how would you compare the football? Similar to La Liga with worse defending?

As for the top teams, what level would you place them at? For example Ajax played well vs Man City last year but seem to be a sinking European force. Also, what players should I be looking out for as top talents? thanks

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Gonna be watching a lot of the Eredivisie this season as I now have the channel to watch the games, how would you compare the football? Similar to La Liga with worse defending?

As for the top teams, what level would you place them at? For example Ajax played well vs Man City last year but seem to be a sinking European force. Also, what players should I be looking out for as top talents? thanks

I'd say it's more like watching good youth teams (i.e. U-21, U-19). The best teams field many young upcoming players who eventually move to the bigger leagues. Lots of bright moments, and the Dutch and Belgians generally have good touch and passing, but more direct and more errant passing than the more mature teams in the other leagues.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord will be main contenders for the title, with my hopes for AZ to be back in the subtop. Players to look out for:

Ajax:
- Fischer
- Eriksen (If he stays)
- Bojan
- Blind
- Alderweireld

PSV:
- Bakkali
- Locadia
- Depay
- Maher
- Bruma
- Rekik
- Zoet

Feyenoord:
- Clasie
- Boetius
- Vilhena
- Martins Indi
- De Vrij

- Gudelj
- Finnbogason
- Tadic
- Zivkovic
- Reis

Loads more, but those are the ones I could quickly think of from the top of my head. Three main title contenders with their own list, the other names are from different clubs. Looking forward to another Eredivisie season. Eredivisie is probably one of the most interesting leagues to watch; a lot of contention for the top spots and bucket loads of youngsters coming through the ranks.

Trickykid

How about Wijnaldum? I thought he was one of your main profiles? His stats have been really impressive since joining from
Feyenoord at least.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
How about Wijnaldum? I thought he was one of your main profiles? His stats have been really impressive since joining from
Feyenoord at least.

Haha totally forgot about him, kinda went with monstly 'youngsters' although he is only 22. Already his 8th season Eredivisie, became captain for PSV also! Hope he develops himself as a good player at the 'half' position, so 2 attacking midfielders. He loved to be a 10, but that's just not in him I think. He missed a lot of chances, but he is a good player and after seeing him live against Zulte Waregem last Tuesday I believe he has become a better player. More team-centric and not running around like a headless chicken :p

Trickykid

Haha totally forgot about him, kinda went with monstly 'youngsters' although he is only 22. Already his 8th season Eredivisie, became captain for PSV also! Hope he develops himself as a good player at the 'half' position, so 2 attacking midfielders. He loved to be a 10, but that's just not in him I think. He missed a lot of chances, but he is a good player and after seeing him live against Zulte Waregem last Tuesday I believe he has become a better player. More team-centric and not running around like a headless chicken :p

Yeah, the few times I've watched PSV, he's looked pretty raw, but very talented.

Anyhow, going to watch Ajax - Roda tonight. Is there anyone from Roda worth keeping an eye out for?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Yeah, the few times I've watched PSV, he's looked pretty raw, but very talented.

Anyhow, going to watch Ajax - Roda tonight. Is there anyone from Roda worth keeping an eye out for?

Well, thé man last two years was Sanharib Malki, but he left. Frank Demouge might be a adequate replacement although is is not as good as Malki. I have very little confidence in Roda JC this year, might even see them relegate if at least one of the two teams that were promoted does well.

Won't you watch the Joan Gamper game, or will you watch that right after this one?

Trickykid

Well, thé man last two years was Sanharib Malki, but he left. Frank Demouge might be a adequate replacement although is is not as good as Malki. I have very little confidence in Roda JC this year, might even see them relegate if at least one of the two teams that were promoted does well.

Won't you watch the Joan Gamper game, or will you watch that right after this one?

All right. That doesn't very promising. Hopefully Ajax will put on a show then, though I suppose it's too early in the season to expect that.
I would watch the Gamper game if I could, but my computer broke down the other day, so streaming is out of the question, and it doesn't look like it'll be aired on any of my channels. So, yeah, The Eredivisie it is...

Trickykid

Yeah, it's really been one-way traffic so far, with Roda being quite attrocious.
I didn't catch the forst goal, but the Eriksen assist for the second was neat. Fischer has been bad, and aside from one good action which should probably have resulted in a goal, Bojan hasn't been that involved either.
All in all the match seems to be played in slow-mo, but I suppose that's mostly down to the heat?

xboogiex

They have breaks to drink every 15 min so they cant blame the heat.
it will be a problem for Ajax if Eriksen will leave this summer they really depend on him.

Home of Barca Fans