Ter Stegen a good choice for UCL Final?

Who should play as GK of Barcelona in UCL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hassan Ashas

Yes, Ter Stegen is surely a great goal keeper and he has a lot of potential of becoming the best keeper in the world but?
He did play greatly against every team, did pretty great saves but should he be given a chance between the polls in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL? The stage where he has never played before?
Ter Stegen did save the penalty of Aguero in Round of 16, he did a great save against Bayern Munich in 2nd leg of Semi Final but he also conceded 3 goals which I believe, at least one of that 3 goals should have been saved by Stegen.
I don't want to criticize but if you look at his past matches, we will see that he made few big blunders. He conceded a goal against Villareal in Semi Final of Copa Del Rey which could have been saved easily. He conceded three goals against PSG as well as Bayern Munich ( Point to be noted. We have conceded no more than 3 goals in a match this season and we conceded three goals in three games, against Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern munich ).
In our last match, Copa Del Rey Final, I think the goal scored by Bilbao should have been saved. We only faced 2 shots on target until that goal and we couldn't save the second shot. The first shot came straight into Stegen hands.
Yes, our possession football and pressing ( particularly from Rakitic and Suarez IMO ) did help us a lot in the field of defense. By this, we don't have to face many shots though the shots we face should be saved as well.
I think that Ter Stegen is still too young and inexperience to play in UCL Final. On the other hand, Bravo is a very experienced goal keeper and is a better goal keeper than Ter Stegen at the moment. Yes, not playing Ter Stegen may upset him but playing him could result in a lose.
When I look at Barcelona's team, I only find one weak point and that is Ter Stegen. All of our players on field are brilliant but Ter Stegen is still too young and inexperience and he does many mistakes. I am not saying that Ter Stegen is not a good keeper. He will surely become one of the best keepers some time but at the moment, he's not.

What do you think?

F

Flavia

He played the whole tournament. It would make no sense for him to not play the final.

All keepers make blunders, Bravo included.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Bravo didn't play a cup final either... He didn't play Champions League at all for that matter

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Without a doubt MatS !

He deserves it and I know he'll be great :)

vinni

I voted for Bravo. I also think Ter Stegen is too inexperienced for this. I was hoping bravo would play the CL from the quarterfinals.
That being said its probably best to start Stegen now since we done it like this all season. Stegen would probably be devestated if benched and who knows how Bravo would react. He might have his worst match of the season. lol

F

Flavia

I voted for Bravo. I also think Ter Stegen is too inexperienced for this. I was hoping bravo would play the CL from the quarterfinals.
That being said its probably best to start Stegen now since we done it like this all season. Stegen would probably be devestated if benched and who knows how Bravo would react. He might have his worst match of the season. lol

Playing Bravo would bring not only MAtS', but the whole team's morale down. Thankfully Enrique won't do that.

Devils

If you drop MAtS you can say goodbye to his Barca career.

It would be the ultimate betrayal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
messi_2166331k.jpg

Home of Barca Fans