Tata looking for a tall striker?

Meitux

Konstantinos Mitroglou anyone? Four hattricks this season already :p
Don't know if you are joking or talking seriously but not really, he is mostly a box Center Forward and doesn't involve too much out. I say that because even if we want to buy a striker we just don't know if it will be for a Plan B or a regular place. His hat trick against Anderlecht was very good but can't forget it's Greek Leauge, even below than average, he's a great player probably the best greek CF there is and too good for the leauge but i wouldn't risk calling his 3 hat tricks in the leauge as the very very serious excuse.

fcbdna

Banned
Don't know if you are joking or talking seriously but not really, he is mostly a box Center Forward and doesn't involve too much out. I say that because even if we want to buy a striker we just don't know if it will be for a Plan B or a regular place. His hat trick against Anderlecht was very good but can't forget it's Greek Leauge, even below than average, he's a great player probably the best greek CF there is and too good for the leauge but i wouldn't risk calling his 3 hat tricks in the leauge as the very very serious excuse.

We are buying a true 9 who can help break parked buses. . . We aren't looking for Falcao or Cavani here. . . Lets keep our targets realistic. Remember its plan B.We don't really need someone who can "play" ball. We need someone who is strong, different, and can offer options Head, Hold up the ball for Messi,Neymar, Alves,Iniesta or Batra who happen to be our best shooters. Anderlecht isn't in the Greek league BTW, and just so you know that was a UCL match.

Last edited:

Galning

Might as well give Dongou or any other striker a chance. Don't see what Torres still has to offer, 2008 is 5 years ago. People have been saying for 3 seasons now that he's improving.

JamDav1982

Might as well give Dongou or any other striker a chance. Don't see what Torres still has to offer, 2008 is 5 years ago. People have been saying for 3 seasons now that he's improving.

I suppose the problem is Dongou is not he big physical option they appear to be looking for.

If they do bring in a striker they need to accept that it will mean a change of style if needed.

When Ibrahimovic was brought in and push came to shove Pep was not prepared to change the style to suit him even when struggling against a ten men Inter Milan.

Not that Pep was wrong, in my opinion he was right but it does mean bringing in that type of player becomes a waste of money.

Galning

I'm fine with them bringing in a different type of striker although I don't think it will solve anything. We played differently when Larsson was around and had a lot more space. Now, let's say we have Klose or someone else we have been linked with, can you imagine Iniesta dropping long balls in the box? :lol: Anyway back to my original complaint: as said I'm fine with a new striker if they really want to try something else but Torres is just laughable.

JamDav1982

I'm fine with them bringing in a different type of striker although I don't think it will solve anything. We played differently when Larsson was around and had a lot more space. Now, let's say we have Klose or someone else we have been linked with, can you imagine Iniesta dropping long balls in the box? :lol: Anyway back to my original complaint: as said I'm fine with a new striker if they really want to try something else but Torres is just laughable.

I agree I dont think it will solve much.

Peps opinion seemed to be that passing football was the best way to open a defence whether its the first minute or the last that doesnt change. This idea of having a second option is over played as no team in the world have had two options that have made them more successful than Barca the last 4/5 years.

Would much rather that there was a tweak to the tactics to make them more relevant for the current players and the tactics they face. Rather than stick to a pure short passing game and if that doesnt work start pumping balls into the box.

Beast

The Observer
Same conversation among cule's every few years... from all of them only Larsson (Who is not that tall ) made an impact...
As early as that Basque flop (can't remember the name ) who you brought for Eto'o to Maxi Lopez , Keirreson (the new Romario according to some back than ) .. than when Eto'o left and Messi turned to a no 9 you already wasted two fine attackers for more than 110 Million Euro (give or take ) in Villa and Ibra and same conversation keeps going on

You want a no 9 who can give your team a plan B(Which means route 9 or crosses and he use his heading ability ) + tall + don't mind rotting on the bench for a year till Messi decide it's ok to play him or move him on the wings as you did with Villa (on comes the Villa played in this position before brigade - that's beside the point ) & Ibra and above all this striker must have no International or personal ambition so he won't mind passing to Messi instead of shooting and scoring so you can keep Lionel happy (it's ok by the way you should keep the best player in the world happy i'm not objecting to this point of view.. Napoli and many teams did it )

Now the above conclude the type & characteristics of the striker you should be looking for.. so don't come up with names like Cavani - Falcao - Suarez - Lewa because this will be Ibra II or Villa II.. you are looking into a Milito type , 32/33 plus... isn't really after a national call up anymore (which excludes Klose who is still going for the WC squad ) but you got the drill... maybe Drogba after the WC .. anything other than that it's the usual one year in Barcelona than sold in the summer for 1/4 of the price bought .. be realistic and smart... Messi isn't giving the no 9 spot anytime soon

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans