Tanguy Ndombele

mc_lovin

Well, that's the point of hoarding talent. Even though some don't turn out well, but you also manage to snap the ones that do have the talent. They might lose Jovic and Militao, but its better than letting them go to rivals where they might turn out good and you might miss out.

With what Real are doing atm, they are trying to hoard every top talent in every position that they need, if they turn out good, they hit the jackpot and get a world class talent for relatively cheaper price, if they don't, you sell them for a bit of loss and you also don't miss out on an opportunity. So basically its a win win for them.

As you pointed out Jovic and Militao, I bet they'll get atleast 50-70% of what they paid for them, still better than the galactico policy of spending 100M+ over a single player (over many promising youngsters and other options + high wages) and hope they deliver or else you're fucked.

They didnt hit the jackpot yet though. And they just burned 200ME net last season (?). That hurts. Theres no need to idealise their transfer policy.

For me theres a reasonable galactico policy for young and relatively sure bets (like Frenkie) in contrast to the the shitshow that happened with Coutinho, and dare I say, Griezmann (wrong profiles). And I am not saying we should ignore cheaper players, Arthur for example turned out well enough (and rivals anyone that Madrid bought).

I would rather see us pay 100ME for Lautaro, if our scouts are convinced, than 50ME each for two Jovics. If those quality signings are not available you play the numbers game like Madrid.

Last edited:

vuji_31

La Masia isn't what it was but it can atleast produce some players that can fill bench, someone like Alena,Cuccurela,Puig,Roberto or someone alse so we don;t need to buy players like Braithwaite and Firpo.

You will need to buy some superstars and best players but it should be done better.
Buying players like Sancho,Mbappe,Haaland and Dembele.
Dembele is still mentioned in big numbers for possible transfer something like 80-90 millions.

Coutinho and Griezmann are just big floops. This first one is biggest in hystory. He is just cry kid.

There is a lot of good players in La Liga like Djene from Getafe or Ferran Torress who is good catch now.
Also Diego Carlos,Fekir,Oyarzabal,Wass and others that would not be any worse then Vidal,Rakitic,Busqets,Pique and Alba.

I like Abidal signings from 30-40 millions.
Arthur,Umtiti and Lenglet.

We need to buy players like that, and if they are shit you can sell them to PL like Gomes,Mina or Paco.

Buying superstars older then 25 is to dangerous.

xXKonan

Arthur, Umtiti, and Lenglet were all Robert Signings to be fair.

Abidal just recommended Umtiti before he came back.

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I still can’t get over this from ⁦⁦<a href="https://twitter.com/pedrolneto7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@pedrolneto7</a>⁩ <a href="https://t.co/lQ06pmo1z5">pic.twitter.com/lQ06pmo1z5</a></p>— DingleBerry (@Ferastafari) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ferastafari/status/1234273891721383937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stay away from him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Man can't play 50m of professional football. We don't need another semi retired player here. If he sorts out his fitness issues i would welcome him though.

Andresito

Staff member
Can't be arsed to read the previous pages. But didn't a lot of people say it was very usual for him to look fatigued after 60-70 mins, even before he went to Spurs?

I don't think he lost possession by getting pressed even once in the game vs us, but it didn't last for 90 mins. Only way he'd be world class is surrounded like Pirlo was at Juve with Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba.

vuji_31

We have to many players that can't ran, we would need then Makelele and prime Viera to cover space.

Maybe they will get Kante...That would not be bad idea, giving them idiotic Coutinho plus some cash for Kante , on like 3-4 years deal.
Getting rid of high salary player and getting beast.

LABarcaFan

We have to many players that can't ran, we would need then Makelele and prime Viera to cover space.

Maybe they will get Kante...That would not be bad idea, giving them idiotic Coutinho plus some cash for Kante , on like 3-4 years deal.
Getting rid of high salary player and getting beast.

How much would be Kante's annual salary? Any info?

Home of Barca Fans