Tanguy Ndombele

snowy

Haven't seen him play much but he looks dope in that highlight reel. Good sense of play, vision, long n short passing + quick 1st step and acceleration

That Lyon squad has a lot of qual players I like! Aouar, Memphis, Moussa, Trao, Mendy... woaaah! if no transfers, looking forward to see how they jive together

Porque

And a left back. To provide some competition to mr. My Best Season Evah.

De Ligt, Ndombele, Lacazette, a left back and a new coach would be a great summer.

There were rumours a few days back that we are interested in Jérôme Roussillon of Wolfsburg.

BBZ8800

I'm getting some Pogba vibes in his tricks.

Also, his biggest virtue seems to be: getting the ball from deep into an opponent's half or into an opponent's third.
Sadly, exactly the same virtue is Arthur's and Frenkie's main skill.

Ndombele doesn't seem like a guy who will be a key man in the attacking third, but like a guy who will bring the ball to THAT GUY who will be a playmaker in the final 3rd.
As said above, Frenkie and Arthur are both kind of guys to bring the ball to that OTHER guy, who is a true CAM.

Arthur isn't an attacking playmaker.
He would need some Iniesta, Deco or a better version of Coutinho alongside him.
Frenkie has Donny Van Der Beek infront of him.

Again, I personally don't get why people think that Frenkie and Arthur could coexist.
And especially how three of those players with same virtues and similar flaws could coexist.

I have no idea what is a plan of a sporting department.
And I don't know why aren't we after some players who are Cm-Cam.
Maybe the board is waiting to see whether Coutinho could play there under a new coach.
Or whether Alena/Puig could play there.
Or we are waiting for a new coach, let's say Koeman, who will then pick 2-3 new players.

mc_lovin

Again, I personally don't get why people think that Frenkie and Arthur could coexist.
And especially how three of those players with same virtues and similar flaws could coexist.

I do think Arthur and Frenkie are different enough to coexist. But, truth be told, Arthur and Frenkie need to get better offensively. I dont think Arthur is as 1-dimensional as you think he is, I am pretty sure he can step up his offensive game. Frenkie played as a 10 in youth football - no idea if thats a sign for things to come. We will be alot smarter after next season and will have a good idea what our third midfieler should be (dm/cm/am).

clemente

I know Barto doesn't like football, probably never even watches it, but he should infiltrate Lyon youth training and copy them, because they and few other french teams have been pissing world class talents last few years, no other country comes even close.
Crazy how we have been playing with Rakitic last few years when there are so many better players, with this guy Messi wouldn't have to drop back to CB's to pick up the ball.

Riordon

I'm getting some Pogba vibes in his tricks.

Also, his biggest virtue seems to be: getting the ball from deep into an opponent's half or into an opponent's third.
Sadly, exactly the same virtue is Arthur's and Frenkie's main skill.

Ndombele doesn't seem like a guy who will be a key man in the attacking third, but like a guy who will bring the ball to THAT GUY who will be a playmaker in the final 3rd.
As said above, Frenkie and Arthur are both kind of guys to bring the ball to that OTHER guy, who is a true CAM.

Arthur isn't an attacking playmaker.
He would need some Iniesta, Deco or a better version of Coutinho alongside him.
Frenkie has Donny Van Der Beek infront of him.

I have no idea what is a plan of a sporting department.
And I don't know why aren't we after some players who are Cm-Cam.
Maybe the board is waiting to see whether Coutinho could play there under a new coach.
Or whether Alena/Puig could play there.
Or we are waiting for a new coach, let's say Koeman, who will then pick 2-3 new players.

Its difficult to find CAM's these days who can play as a interior in a 4-3-3. Most of them are suited for the behind the striker role in a 4-2-3-1. Ozil, James, Mata, Fekir and even Coutinho. Can you name a CAM who can run and press (which is where Coutinho fail) as a 8? Iniesta in his prime ran and press like CRAZY, Lampard too. Right now I can name De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva, both not possible. I like Havertz but its not happening this summer. Maybe next. Otherwise I can't think of one. I hope Ndombele-De Jong duo can somehow replicate Kroos-Modric (none of was a true AM).

BBZ8800

Crazy how we have been playing with Rakitic last few years when there are so many better players, with this guy Messi wouldn't have to drop back to CB's to pick up the ball.

A nice urban myth, yes.
Rakitic is guilty for everything.
And EV is guilty for everything.

Without those two, we will play the best football again and Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Busi, Semedo, every single player will fix all of their flaws.

Anyway, a video from 2013/14, last round of La Liag, Atletico:Barcelona:
Check at the last 10 or 15 minutes.
We have Iniesta, Xavi, Song (Busi injured), Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Dani Alves on a field.
So, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Neymar. That sounds like a good, creative team, right?
Messi should be happy and shouldn't be dropping deep into midfield.

But guess what. EVEN BEFORE Lucho, Ev and Rakitic, Messi was dropping deep whenever he wasn't 100% happy.
And it seems that he started to drop deep since 2013, when a Mister TikiTaka himself started to decline.
So:
2013: Messi dropping deep
2014: Messi dropping deep
2015: Messi dropping deep
2016: Messi dropping deep
2017: Messi dropping deep
2018: Messi dropping deep
2019: Messi dropping deep

Argentina NT team: Messi dropping deep all the time.
So, basically, Messi was happy with a supply only when Xavi was playing.

Now, enjoy and watch the last 10-15 minutes of this match, when Messi was dropping deep even though he had Neymar, Alexis, old Xavi, Iniesta and Dani Alves around himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKLrgEHJlgk

clemente

A nice urban myth, yes.
Rakitic is guilty for everything.
And EV is guilty for everything.

Without those two, we will play the best football again and Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Busi, Semedo, every single player will fix all of their flaws.

Anyway, a video from 2013/14, last round of La Liag, Atletico:Barcelona:
Check at the last 10 or 15 minutes.
We have Iniesta, Xavi, Song (Busi injured), Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Dani Alves on a field.
So, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Neymar. That sounds like a good, creative team, right?
Messi should be happy and shouldn't be dropping deep into midfield.

But guess what. EVEN BEFORE Lucho, Ev and Rakitic, Messi was dropping deep whenever he wasn't 100% happy.
And it seems that he started to drop deep since 2013, when a Mister TikiTaka himself started to decline.
So:
2013: Messi dropping deep
2014: Messi dropping deep
2015: Messi dropping deep
2016: Messi dropping deep
2017: Messi dropping deep
2018: Messi dropping deep
2019: Messi dropping deep

Argentina NT team: Messi dropping deep all the time.
So, basically, Messi was happy with a supply only when Xavi was playing.

Now, enjoy and watch the last 10-15 minutes of this match, when Messi was dropping deep even though he had Neymar, Alexis, old Xavi, Iniesta and Dani Alves around himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKLrgEHJlgk

Here we go, BBZ defending Rakitic, "Xavi had bad days too", the difference is that Messi dropped once every 10 games back then, now if he doesn't do it we don't even escape our side of the pitch.
Argentina's midfield and fullbacks are literally not even worthy to be in segunda, of course Messi has to drop deep, what's your point to mention Argentina lmao. If Rakitic was from Argentina he would be a starter there.

I 'm not a regular reader of this forum, but i 've noticed that this guy BBZ, always wants to debate against the most popular opinion. We all know a person like that irl.
Like if Rakitic becomes a fan favorite again, i'm pretty sure BBZ will start bashing him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] you don't have to be an expert to acknowledge that Rakitic cannot cope with being pressed. His control is simply not good enough for that. He can't turn and evade the opponents, so he is forced to release the ball early or hope for a foul. It is a serious limitation. I agree though that Messi will drop deep irrespective of who plays in midfield because he's been playing that way for all his career. It is simply the player he is.

Home of Barca Fans