Takefusa Kubo

Yannik

if hes smart then he's learning spanish in the meantime. Barca will surely want him back if hes 18 and still good enough.

MessiDinho10

if hes smart then he's learning spanish in the meantime. Barca will surely want him back if hes 18 and still good enough.

After a couple of years in La Masia he will surely know how to speak a little Spanish (football related at least). He's a kid, learning a new language is a lot easier at that age. He just needs to make sure he doesn't completely leave it behind and not speak it for years.

Rahj

doesn't he have a parent from mexico? i'm really not sure about this.

Last edited:

navidjaan

This will be relevant in a few years.

Best player to leave Barça after the FIFA ban. Now at FC Tokyo and he will be registered with their first team next season at the age of 15. Fifteen. Although he will play for their U23 side. Still insane.

Barça hold contacts with him (invited him to the CWC Final) and send scouts to watch him in Japan. Hopefully returns in 2019 when he turns 18.

Also, inb4 everyone calls him a) The Japanese Messi or b) The Tsubasa of Barça.

[youtube]watch?v=V7lx54HebyI[/youtube]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, that might end La Masia pursuit of the player, non? Part of a professional squad, even within their U23 means he'll train/play with the first team on occasion, hard to see a player like that going backwards even for Barcelona's cantera. The B team perhaps?

Again, shame about the FIFA ban because it would've been very interesting to see his development at Barcelona - I just now think perhaps that closes the book on his Barcelona career

navidjaan

Well, that might end La Masia pursuit of the player, non? Part of a professional squad, even within their U23 means he'll train/play with the first team on occasion, hard to see a player like that going backwards even for Barcelona's cantera. The B team perhaps?

Again, shame about the FIFA ban because it would've been very interesting to see his development at Barcelona - I just now think perhaps that closes the book on his Barcelona career

Not really. He'll definitely be in the first team in Tokyo at the age of 18, where he will have offers from all big European clubs, including Barça, where he'd probably start off at Barça B with some of his old teammates who'd also be at Barça B at the time (Eric Garcia, Anssumane Fati, etc). Hopefully he'll choose Barça. He visits the city once in a while and watches his old mates, was invited to the CWC final and Barça keep contact with him. I wouldn't say joining Barça B with a highly probable future in the first team is a step backwards from the J-League. It's pretty probable at this point.

Home of Barca Fans