Spanish Supercup: Barca - Sevilla 2-1

RMU ReBorn

Soooo fucking slow. No wonder we get our asses handed to us in cl.
The modern game is about speed. Peps city play a possession game but at pace.

[MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] this is what i was talking about last day . Next post will be , Messi should leave Barca for city

eaman

They gave Dembele an 8? Worried about them.

Scoring a goal automatically gives you one extra Mark. So if he hadn't scored I think a 7 was fair enough. He actually did some novice things in this game. Some nice passes and runs. It was certainly an improvement over most of last year's performances

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Sevilla Park the bus and we play the same old slow ass possession game.
We should play a little deeper, draw opposition out and hit quickly on the break.
I fucking guarantee City and Liverpool would destroy us.
Shitty :lol: We will beat them with eyes closed . chokers

GroneDanone

Oh look, first match of the season in a friendly super cup game with players just coming back from vacation, others playing first official match for the team not yeat accustomed to their teammates, lacking physical and match fitness, playing on african potato field and not giving stellar performance - forum goes into hysteria. Never change barcaforum.:lol:

This! Piqué and Suárez traditionally need time to get into a groove.

Yet it will be a challenge for Valverde to get a dynamic playing style on the pitch. There was little movement on the pitch, and we're basically just passing around until the ball gets to Messi who then tries to create something. Dembélé tried to create chances but when nobody runs into the box then of course that's not going to lead to many good chances. We're missing dynamic players who make the runs, and who do not just look to Messi. Coutinho will help to create but the issue of not having the necessary dynamic on the field remains. Lots of pressure to create and make runs on our wing-backs but they can only do so much when nobody really makes the runs into the box.

PhilS

Some of the players really needed this warm-up game, and they also need the Gamper to get closer to in-season form. Umtitti and Vidal need to play Wednesday. It's time for Rafinha to go to the bench, glad he is on the team though he will not play much.

Boy, Alba is ready to go. It was fun seeing Messi try that double nutmeg shot. Dembele is going to upset me quite a bit, but if he produces just a few of those astounding plays a game, that will be plenty.

Gnidrologist

I think this match was sorta used as a first pre-season warm up for players who hadn't yet played competitively for the team. There's only Gamper left apart from this. I also don't believe that this sort of completely static behavior will be a norm further in the season. Not even Valverde, whom i don't rate highly, would make us play so shit. Most of our starters (apart from Dembele, who looked lively) were obviously not fit and there was probably hot as hell in Morocco. Messi was sweating profusely in the first half already. The pitch didn't help either.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Agreed.
Nothing wrong with analyzing tactics and individual performances but this is the first game the entire team has played this season.

soul24rage

i agree with all the people that says that players needed this match to get fit. I'm not worried too much of the likes of suarez cuz they didn't had a lot of training recently. I'm hoping we play our best starting 11 vs Boca so that we can prepare well vs Alaves

JerseyAddict

All well, first game, temeprature, conditions, this that... but SO MUCH WALKING!

This ie.
just got 1 goal behind, it is a FUCKING START OF THE GAME, and then, what, so much walking. 11min 23 seconds. Barça is attacking, WALKING to attack:

[youtube]8Jkv9qmB88M?t=11m23s[/youtube]

Porque

Bit of an overreaction going on here. Sevilla parked most of the team within 20 metres of the pitch. First game back for half of the team who have been training for 1 to 2 weeks. Warm humid conditions and an average pitch.

Got the win, got match practice. Next stop to have some fun at the Gamper and then start the marathon that is LaLiga.

Home of Barca Fans