Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

Neymessi

The last Classico Messi was unbelievable but still took a number of players to win it.

Messi is part of the side he can only be the difference if other players step up and do their jobs it is not all on him and even he has been underwhelming against them for most part in recent times.

What do you think game will go like tonight?

I am not saying messi is the ONLY reason we win. Obviously others are key players to it too. But the key difference maker is messi. We were tactically messed up big time when we went to the bernabeu last time and we would have lost with those tactics and everything but messi saved our ass.

I think the game will be very close, and the midfield will show some quality with the change of tactics but their midfield will still be better than ours. We usually step up pur game in classicos and I expect the team to play better than they usually do as they will be motivated as fuck for this match. Too soon to judge valverde but if we win by playing well and not just because of messi, then I'll surely be sold to valverde. If we lose, I won't really mind because we desperately lack some world class signings currently and I don't expect barca to win at any cost with the current squad and that too against the current RM.

serghei

I can understand the frustration of Real Madrid midfield in comparison etc but Real are not as set for future as some make out.

The back bone of their team, the leaders in their teams and majority of best players are starting to get on a bit.

Would go as far to say that if Barca get Coutinho and Dembele then currently have a better group of players at 25 and under than Real do.

Know the u25 thing is no real barometer but been used before.

The difference is they are making more moves to secure their future. They sign 21 years old Ceballos this summer and we sign 29 years old Paulinho after losing our best young player in Neymar. This to me looks like clever business vs bad business.

Zincubus

Banned
Considering the whole team overall, they are better than us. They are balanced everywhere and have amazing depth compared to us who have a really good attack but a mediocre midfield. If we win, then chances are we win because messi was on fire, and he was last time, but I don't expect him to be like that all the time and when he isn't...

I would be extremely postive for tonight but all we have done in the transfer market is lose arguably our second best player and failed to sign a single good player yet and the cherry on the cake is the signing of paulinhio.

Worryingly , they have a better starting eleven and a much better squad .

Unless we get Couthinho and one of Dybala or Dembele we are gonna struggle in all competitions :(

GetIn

DHG0JxUXgAA25m9.jpg:large

Just compare this squad with our pathetic excuse of team.

Thiago10

No idea if it's reliable, but apparently our line-up is exactly the one that was posted on the first page.
Visca Barca!

EDIT: Actually, Ter Stegen is playing, not Cillesen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Probably our best lineup at the moment.

Would have liked to see Semedo at RB, but I guess he won't get the trust of Valverde that soon.

vlad

cant get much better then this at the moment, lets see deulofeu tonight

edit: looking on barca´s bench, its not so bad

Last edited:

Cool

Probably our best lineup at the moment.

Would have liked to see Semedo at RB, but I guess he won't get the trust of Valverde that soon.

Yup, would of loved Semedo instead of Vidal.

I love how Ceballos is warming Madrid bench, he'll be regretting his decision in two seasons time.

Home of Barca Fans