Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

Sunny Mir

People say that MaTS saved us in the last game and that without his heroics we would have conceded 2-3 goals more.
While i don't deny that. He had one of his best games in a blaugrana shirt that day.
Navas also had a good game. Saving 3 close range shots from Suarez and 2*Pique that certain goals. And 2 of them were with there whole 11 on the pitch.
Their goals:
1. Set-Piece
2. Cross from Marcelo

Their best chances came from long shots (that we restricted to) or on the break. So as usual.
Even their fulback play was restricted to a point. Didn't help that we fell a sleep and they scored at the death.
So it isn't that far fetched that we were equal or arguably better than then OVERALL.
Even tho some people say that we were lucky and they were better.

Anyaways
Super hyped for the match
Watching with some friends at home
Believe in another win for us
2-1

raskolnikov

Paulinho news ruined this weekend for me too much to enjoy this match. Whats the point if they are turning us into valencia within 5 years?

T

TS88

Since this is at Camp Nou, I am going to say that this ends in a draw. If this was at Bernabeu with the current state of Barca, then I would have Barca losing. I am going 2-2.

GetIn

Remember, as it was last time. To the blood.
https://youtu.be/Xq2gC9AcUXs

Messi literally walked on water for 92 minutes that match, unless he's able to replicate that form again tonight we are toast. Who else on our squad has the ability to come up with a moment of class to break the game open for us? Iniesta is probably the only other player that can do it, but he's hardly reliable these days.

Neymessi

People fear Madrid too much. And yet, over and over again, it's usually Barca that wins and not the other way around.

Just because they have a helping hand and get extremely lucky lately, people think they are better than they are.

New chapter begins with this match. We need to show faith in this team and Valverde and don't have to fear anyone.

Considering the whole team overall, they are better than us. They are balanced everywhere and have amazing depth compared to us who have a really good attack but a mediocre midfield. If we win, then chances are we win because messi was on fire, and he was last time, but I don't expect him to be like that all the time and when he isn't...

I would be extremely postive for tonight but all we have done in the transfer market is lose arguably our second best player and failed to sign a single good player yet and the cherry on the cake is the signing of paulinhio.

JamDav1982

Considering the whole team overall, they are better than us. They are balanced everywhere and have amazing depth compared to us who have a really good attack but a mediocre midfield. If we win, then chances are we win because messi was on fire, and he was last time, but I don't expect him to be like that all the time and when he isn't...

I would be extremely postive for tonight but all we have done in the transfer market is lose arguably our second best player and failed to sign a single good player yet and the cherry on the cake is the signing of paulinhio.

Messi has been on fire for about one game in past 3/4 years v Madrid and beat them a number of times.

Can see it now though Barca win and it is a glorified friendly and all on Messi - despite other players playing well. Or Barca draw/lose and it is the end of the world.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

And all they've done is sign young bench fodder so far. You show too much respect to Madrid.

Neymessi

Messi has been on fire for about one game in past 3/4 years v Madrid and beat them a number of times.

Can see it now though Barca win and it is a glorified friendly and all on Messi - despite other players playing well. Or Barca draw/lose and it is the end of the world.

The last classico we won because messi was on fire, the one before that we drew on camp nou, the one before that we lost at camp nou, the one before that we won 4-0 without messi but that was a complete joke of a madrid team under benitez, the one before that we won 2-1 but we were unstoppable and at our peak. I wasn't talking about last 4 years at all.

I am talking about now. We were better before but now our midfield is mediocre for a world class team like us. Madrid are way more balanced than us. There is a chance that our whole team outplays their whole team, but that is very low.

And all they've done is sign young bench fodder so far. You show too much respect to Madrid.

So far? You are only talking about this season? They are stacked with quality in almost every position, why would they need world class signings? And there is a reason they are stacked with quality currently, and for years to come, they have signed the right players over the last many years while we have been overpaying for aged and mediocre players and even after spending so much we still need world class players who can improve the squad while they don't need any breakthrough signings.

I hate RM as much as the next barca fan but I will give them all the praise for their right signings, unlike us, unfortunately.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The last classico we won because messi was on fire, the one before that we drew on camp nou, the one before that we lost at camp nou, the one before that we won 4-0 without messi but that was a complete joke of a madrid team under benitez, the one before that we won 2-1 but we were unstoppable and at our peak. I wasn't talking about last 4 years at all.

I am talking about now. We were better before but now our midfield is mediocre for a world class team like us. Madrid are way more balanced than us. There is a chance that our whole team outplays their whole team, but that is very low.

The last Classico Messi was unbelievable but still took a number of players to win it.

Messi is part of the side he can only be the difference if other players step up and do their jobs it is not all on him and even he has been underwhelming against them for most part in recent times.

What do you think game will go like tonight?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So far? You are only talking about this season? They are stacked with quality in almost every position, why would they need world class signings? And there is a reason they are stacked with quality currently, and for years to come, they have signed the right players over the last many years while we have been overpaying for aged and mediocre players and even after spending so much we still need world class players who can improve the squad while they don't need any breakthrough signings.

I hate RM as much as the next barca fan but I will give them all the praise for their right signings, unlike us, unfortunately.

The idea is that while we are weaker than last season (we still played the Clasico without Neymar, and we have a rightback or two now), so are they.

JamDav1982

The idea is that while we are weaker than last season (we still played the Clasico without Neymar, and we have a rightback or two now), so are they.

I can understand the frustration of Real Madrid midfield in comparison etc but Real are not as set for future as some make out.

The back bone of their team, the leaders in their teams and majority of best players are starting to get on a bit.

Would go as far to say that if Barca get Coutinho and Dembele then currently have a better group of players at 25 and under than Real do.

Know the u25 thing is no real barometer but been used before.

Home of Barca Fans