Spanish Supercopa Final: Real Madrid - Barca 4-1

gregorrin10

I
Transfers have been shit for the money spent. :lol: That's not a huge issue if you have unlimited budget like some of the other teams... but for us... get ready for a few bad years.

Selling some players is a must. Kounde, raphinha, Torres, and maybe Araujo. If the offer really is 100m, that's a good sale for our position.
I'm done blaming the players...even the ones I hate. Because it's clear Xavi can't develop no one for shit, much less make them better. New manager, some actual fucking proper management and a clear system and a plan and a lot of these players suddenly look a lot better, I'm positive of that.

Birdy

I am all for Xavi out, but who do you actually bring in? What top manager comes in this team, makes a valid assessment with a professional team of sporting people, goes to the people in charge and say "we need this player and this and this" only for the response to be "sorry, no ffp, low budget or free agents with low wages"? Any top manager would have to be willing to sacrifice his reputation to come near this Barca environment atm... don't see anyone doing that

a top manager would work wonders with the current squad.
Let's not start over with this ridiculous excuse

Porque

When we're talking about hoping this match will change the season. After saying that we need the international break to refresh, after saying we needed the previous international break to reset, then you know that Xavi has reached the absolute end point with this squad.

It's not the first time, everytime he hit a wall previously he was able to have the luxury of signings. We don't have that anymore.

Seems his well has run dry, and perhaps Laporta's buffet has too.

Vladinho

a top manager would work wonders with the current squad.
Let's not start over with this ridiculous excuse
I agree, with this squad we should be performing way way better. But, at the same time, you need a wc dm, one reliable left back and a proper striker. What do you think Klopp would ask if he were to come this summer? At least 2 of the 3 positions I've mentioned. Do you have the budget to back him up?

Devils

It doesn't even have to be a 'top manager' who comes in lol.

9/10 teams you watch these days play better football than Barca.

Teams like Aston Villa, Brighton, West Ham and Newcastle play far better football than Barca. Their managers are not considered to be 'top managers' per say.

Givenchy

I am all for Xavi out, but who do you actually bring in? What top manager comes in this team, makes a valid assessment with a professional team of sporting people, goes to the people in charge and say "we need this player and this and this" only for the response to be "sorry, no ffp, low budget or free agents with low wages"? Any top manager would have to be willing to sacrifice his reputation to come near this Barca environment atm... don't see anyone doing that
An actual manager who has coached in one of the top 4 leagues would be a start from where we are at now. Barca still has it's pull and reputation but we settle for ex-player duds over and over again in the hope to find the next mythical Pep.

Clearly no top manager is joining, nobody is competing with PL money but I disagree managers wouldn't take the risk to manage Barca, still a huge club and an opportunity to work with some of the worlds top youngsters and take the club back to where it belongs, the bar is set very low at this moment.

Masetro10

It doesn't even have to be a 'top manager' who comes in lol.

9/10 teams you watch these days play better football than Barca.

Teams like Aston Villa, Brighton, West Ham and Newcastle play far better football than Barca. Their managers are not considered to be 'top managers' per say.
Take this with a grain of salt. The same Newcastle that got last in UCL group. The same Brighton who sometimes gets owned the same way we just did.

You cannot compare EPL to La Liga.

Devils

Take this with a grain of salt. The same Newcastle that got last in UCL group. The same Brighton who sometimes gets owned the same way we just did.

You cannot compare EPL to La Liga.
Barcelona lost to the likes of Antwerp and Shaktar Donetsk in the CL. You can't tell me in a group with the likes of PSG, Dortmund and Milan, there isn;'t a chance we would have finished bottom too lol.

Those teams still play way better football than Barca. I don't think anyone can debate that.

Vladinho

An actual manager who has coached in one of the top 4 leagues would be a start from where we are at now. Barca still has it's pull and reputation but we settle for ex-player duds over and over again in the hope to find the next mythical Pep.

Clearly no top manager is joining, nobody is competing with PL money but I disagree managers wouldn't take the risk to manage Barca, still a huge club and an opportunity to work with some of the worlds top youngsters and take the club back to where it belongs, the bar is set very low at this moment.
I hope you're right...that we actually nail an actual manager that fits. It seems we do it once every decade...

Birdy

I agree, with this squad we should be performing way way better. But, at the same time, you need a wc dm, one reliable left back and a proper striker. What do you think Klopp would ask if he were to come this summer? At least 2 of the 3 positions I've mentioned. Do you have the budget to back him up?

Klopp went to EL final in his 1st year with whatever he found in granny Kolo Toure, Moreno, Clyne, and 'welsh Xavi' LOL Joe allen
Oc, anyone would want better and better players, but that's irrelevant.

I can assure you the majority, if not all of top coaches, that are not engaged right now in very exciting projects, would jump at the opportunity to coach at Barca.
Barca is one of the very few clubs, together with Madrid, that history prestige and aura weighs more than anything else

PS: Laporta made the tremendous and historical mistake to pull levers under Xavi being in essence the SD and project manager

Home of Barca Fans