Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

F

Flavia

Athletic's squad for the match: Iraizoz; De Marcos, Etxeita, Laporte, Balenziaga; San José, Beñat; Susaeta, Eraso, Sabin; Aduriz; Herrerín, Bóveda, Gurpegui, Lekue, Elustondo, Aketxe y Sola.

Iturraspe, Rico, Williams and Muniain won't play.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is a game were we are the clear underdogs. Messi is still clearly off-form and Im starting to worry if the MSN trident will ever work. Suarez is still struggling to adapt , while Raktic isn't imrproving at all.The worst of them all has to be Neymar , still diving , atrocious finishing and in general a mediocre player. The only thing that Barca have going is Lucho's genius subs and Mathieu and Adriano carrying this lackluster Barcelona. The only way I can see Barca not losing with too many goals is a double pivot consisting of Bartra and Mathieu with Adriano having a free role upfornt , if Lucho doesnt play this way , I can see Bilbao completetly annihilating us in the first leg. We just came from a really poor season , while Bilbao just won the treble and is clearly going for the sextuple. Let's hope Bilbao has mercy on Barcelona.

Last edited:

Barcadub

Huge amount of tickets still available for the Nou Camp game.

The Monday night and late kick off must be a factor. I wish people seen it as the huge game it is. The 5th trophy of 6.

Hopefully sales pick up, and hopefully there are plenty of tourists around to purchase them. Gamper game was attended by 94 thousand. Would be strange to have less at the super cup.

J

JasonGenova

-------------Bravo
Alves-Pique-Mathieu-Adriano
---Rakitic-Busquets-Rafihna
------Messi-Suarez-Pedro

Why are we playing Athletic instead of Madrid who's second in the league? Or is the super cup a replay of the Copa final if the double is won by one team?

J

JasonGenova

It's supposed to be La Liga winner vs Copa deal Rey winner but since Barca won both they play the runner up of the cup

silvia

it is not league first vs league second.
it is league first vs copa del ley first and there is no copa del rey first so naturally chance goes to copa del rey runner up.

Neymessi

Pardon my ignorance but if we won this trophy do we earn the sextuple or does winning the cl la liga and copa next season mean a sextuple for next season?

Zippism

Pardon my ignorance but if we won this trophy do we earn the sextuple or does winning the cl la liga and copa next season mean a sextuple for next season?

The Super Cup will be the 5th title this year after Liga, Copa, CL and UEFA Super Cup. The FIFA Club World Cup in December could be the 6th and then we would have won the Sixtuple.

Rahj

does anyone of the other german users know, whether these two games will be shown by laola1.tv? i also havent found anything about la liga yet. (it's not listed in their schedule)

Egert

Estonian Culé
[1/2] Squad (vs Athletic): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Adriano, Busquets #fcblive

[2/2] Squad (vs Athletic): Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Munir, Suarez, Sandro #fcblive

No Mathieu :tata:

vinni

[1/2] Squad (vs Athletic): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Adriano, Busquets #fcblive

[2/2] Squad (vs Athletic): Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Munir, Suarez, Sandro #fcblive

No Mathieu :tata:

Ouch! Lucho dont show any mercy unless Mathieu has a knock or something.
I would prefer to see Adriano on the left side today. I think Vermalen can do a decent job there but this is not the match to find out. It could be Mathieu against madrid all over again.

Icarium

Lifestealer
This is a game were we are the clear underdogs. Messi is still clearly off-form and Im starting to worry if the MSN trident will ever work. Suarez is still struggling to adapt , while Raktic isn't imrproving at all.The worst of them all has to be Neymar , still diving , atrocious finishing and in general a mediocre player. The only thing that Barca have going is Lucho's genius subs and Mathieu and Adriano carrying this lackluster Barcelona. The only way I can see Barca not losing with too many goals is a double pivot consisting of Bartra and Mathieu with Adriano having a free role upfornt , if Lucho doesnt play this way , I can see Bilbao completetly annihilating us in the first leg. We just came from a really poor season , while Bilbao just won the treble and is clearly going for the sextuple. Let's hope Bilbao has mercy on Barcelona.

No Mathieu we are screwed. :nervous:

Seriously though, did not expect mathieu would get the axe like this. Lucho means business, if you don't perform then sit on the bench. This way bartra and other la masia players can get more chances.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Ouch! Lucho dont show any mercy unless Mathieu has a knock or something.
I would prefer to see Adriano on the left side today. I think Vermalen can do a decent job there but this is not the match to find out. It could be Mathieu against madrid all over again.

inb4 Sergi Roberto LB

Home of Barca Fans