Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
How many big games would you be willing to risk him playing at LB, to either prove or disprove this ?

He had a mare at Bernabeu last season, plus another last night, both at LB.

I don't know, we'll see what Lucho does. I don't think he's gonna give up the idea as easily as the fans, but the fans will naturally go mental when they see Mathieu starting as a LB.

Nicky86

Barca had a decreases In second half against Sevila but is not gonna happen with Athl. Bilbao, every game is different from the others, and we shouldn't foreget that we are in begin of the season that is little bit difficult for the player after the summer rest.
On the other hand, is good for the team that they are scoring goals and I hope to increas this form. Lucho is doing good at Barca with simple game and counterattack. We should redeem that Barca last season have had one of the best defences in Europe. I hope that we will win next games and titled too.
Visca Barca.

Barcadub

I'd rather have mathieu as LB than adriano.

It's just Adrianos game against Valencia would be quite fresh in my mind. He was absolutely destroyed that day, subbed at halftime if I remember correctly.

But it's his actual position so I'd give him the nod.

Kuchi

I'd consider resting the important players, especially the ones with knocks, give Pedro, Verminator, Adriano, S Roberto, Samper, Bartra, Sandro, Munir more time.

We're in for a very hard season start and losing a key player would hurt us a lot. And this Bilbao match is a high risk one considering their antics and the mess from the Copa final, especially after the effort (and knocks) from the Super Cup.

I'd give the reserves a chance, hopefully get a tie or a 1 goal handicap, sweep them at home and move on. Risking fielding the A team, with barely a day break from a very exhausting 120 min match, in this stage of their physical preparation would be kinda asking for it.

Altomonte

I fully agree. Injuries occur frequently after insufficient rest between matches. But can we afford to rest Messi? Probably not ...

BigBarcaBoy

Sure there will be a couple of changes to the team but I wouldn't change it big style but Lucho is a brave guy so may make about 5 or 6. I would go
Ter Stegen
Alves Pique Vermaelen Adriano
Mascherano
Rakitic Iniesta
Messi Suarez Pedro

Masch and Iniesta didn't play the whole 120 mins and Verm and Adriano need a chance to prove themselves as reliable alternatives

Last edited:

zanela

I'd consider resting the important players, especially the ones with knocks, give Pedro, Verminator, Adriano, S Roberto, Samper, Bartra, Sandro, Munir more time.

We're in for a very hard season start and losing a key player would hurt us a lot. And this Bilbao match is a high risk one considering their antics and the mess from the Copa final, especially after the effort (and knocks) from the Super Cup.

I'd give the reserves a chance, hopefully get a tie or a 1 goal handicap, sweep them at home and move on. Risking fielding the A team, with barely a day break from a very exhausting 120 min match, in this stage of their physical preparation would be kinda asking for it.

Lucho would call-up Gumbau before he does Samper. So you can strike him off. The other aforementioned players have shown to be lacking at the big stage. Playing B team at the San Mamés is asking for a spanking. Lucho cleary wants to win the comp, so I see him going with much of our starters with minimal changes up top and in defense.

PhilS

Going into this season, the first 11 seems set, same as in the big games at the end of last year. Several key backup jobs have yet to be won.

At keeper, I'm sure the pattern will be like last year, Bravo in Liga, Ter Stegen in all other. This game would be a good exception, Bravo needs some game time prior to Liga. Masip will not play.

For the entire rest of the squad, the only player who has clearly earned a lot of playing time is Rafinha. I think the team needs either him or Iniesta on the field at all times, and Iniesta will rest almost half the time. I thought Rafinha also made a good case in the last game for being the primary backup for Neymar.

Sergi Roberto will get his chances, he is a Lucho guy. It is still not clear if Sergi can be a viable option at the several positions he has been tried at.

Pedro would play at least a fair amount, if he stays.

The rest of the squad has yet to be clarified between who will be rooted to the bench and who will get near-starter minutes. I hope Lucho can use this game in Bilbao as a tryout for alternatives at CB, FB and forward.

F

Flavia

CMTXbZXXAAIPWyF.jpg:large

serghei

This is a game in which I'd try a 3 backline. Move Alves up as the 4th midfielder, along with Busi, Raki and Iniesta. And have Pique, Mascherano and Vermaelen at the back. Let's see how we do in the first 30 min, and if it doesn't work, move Vermaelen at LB and Alves at RB and switch back to the 4-3-3.

Something like this:

1313727_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Last edited:

anguy

This is a game in which I'd try a 3 backline. Move Alves up as the 4th midfielder, along with Busi, Raki and Iniesta. And have Pique, Mascherano and Vermaelen at the back. Let's see how we do in the first 30 min, and if it doesn't work, move Vermaelen at LB and Alves at RB and switch back to the 4-3-3.

Normally I would agree, but everytime we try something different than 4-3-3, we play poorly. We can't even pull double pivot, so I'd not risk us trying 3 defender backline. Also Pique as RB is a waste.

Home of Barca Fans