Should La Liga feature fewer teams?

Should La Liga comprise fewer teams?

• Total voters

Phatroonaldo

Nope.

The only clubs that would benefit from this would be Madrid and Barca. The big two would obviously want this to happen, as it makes the tv money distribution problem easier for them.

The teams in relegation zone? I don't think so.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why would they get increased TV revenue for less number of games? Revenue would decrease. Total ticket sales would decrease as well.

Because they'd be able to increase their stature in Europe, thereby increasing the revenue. They don't have shirt sponsers for fuck's sake!!
Taking away 2 teams from the league won't take away any thing from the lump TV revenue that is offered to the Liga. And then that would be shared by a lesser number of clubs!!

Yeah ticket sales, you got a point there. But it's not like they are earning tons when playing playing the bottom clubs. I remember reading how fans aren't bothering to go to stadium unless their teams play one of the big 2

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Taking away 2 teams from the league won't take away any thing from the lump TV revenue that is offered to the Liga. And then that would be shared by a lesser number of clubs!!

That's not how it works. Broadcasters won't pay the same amount of money for less number of games. If there were 16 teams in the league rather than 20, that's a total of 80 games less over the course of the season. Why the hell would the league as a whole get the same amount of TV revenue?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'm talking about a scenario when there are 18 teams in the league... What I'm saying is that the Valencia's and Pathetico's and Sevilla's would do better in Europe that way. And with increased reputation of these clubs the broadcast revenue should more or less remain same because, let's face it, it's the big two that's ultimately responsible for what the league is earning from broadcast at least for the most part

ledzep

yes. the less teams in the league, the bigger the competition in the league. plus playing 4 games less a season will give more rest to us.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'm talking about a scenario when there are 18 teams in the league... What I'm saying is that the Valencia's and Pathetico's and Sevilla's would do better in Europe that way. And with increased reputation of these clubs the broadcast revenue should more or less remain same because, let's face it, it's the big two that's ultimately responsible for what the league is earning from broadcast at least for the most part

Atletico and Sevilla have won european trophies with 20 teams in their league so I don't see your point tbh with you.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Europa League doesn't get you money... That's why Pathetico who weren't eligible for the KO stage got to play there. There's MONEY in CL

Home of Barca Fans