Should Barca sign a defender?

Should Barca sign a defender?

• Total voters

Der Kaiser

i haven't seen much of him but according to what I've read, he was quite poor throughout the season. So a no no for me.

Problem is that there simply are no good fullbacks on the market right now (Criscito is a solid defensive LB but already went to Russia or something) and Abidal is getting old. Sooner or later we´ll have to find a replacement other than Adriano who I personally don´t rate very highly.

Lahm will always stay ar Bayern and is too costly anyway. Other than him I can only come up with promising talents that aren´t Barca quality yet like Tremoulinas or Aogo.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Problem is that there simply are no good fullbacks on the market right now (Criscito is a solid defensive LB but already went to Russia or something) and Abidal is getting old. Sooner or later we´ll have to find a replacement other than Adriano who I personally don´t rate very highly.

Lahm will always stay ar Bayern and is too costly anyway. Other than him I can only come up with promising talents that aren´t Barca quality yet like Tremoulinas or Aogo.
armero from Colombia and plays for udinise is an exceptional player and perrira from uruguay and plays for porto and was a star along with armero in the copa america...........both are defnitely barca worthy

a buy of either of them would move abidal to CB permanently and give us some much needed depth in the D

Last edited:

Phatroonaldo

Might as well put a cheeky bid for Fabio. Is better at defending and cool headed than his brother.

Der Kaiser

armero from Colombia and plays for udinise is an exceptional player and perrira from uruguay and plays for porto and was a star along with armero in the copa america...........both are defnitely barca worthy

a buy of either of them would move abidal to CB permanently and give us some much needed depth in the D

The problem with these south american fullbacks is that they usually can´t defend... I haven´t seen either of these two but I´d be looking for a more defensively skilled FB to replace Abi. We can´t have both fullbacks attacking, that would put too much pressure on our two CBs.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
The problem with these south american fullbacks is that they usually can´t defend... I haven´t seen either of these two but I´d be looking for a more defensively skilled FB to replace Abi. We can´t have both fullbacks attacking, that would put too much pressure on our two CBs.
LOL perrira and armero are exceptional defenders and both can move up and help with the attack something that abidal cannot do...not to mention both barca's fullbacks spend tons of time in the opposing half and both perrira and armero are much better than abidal in that

Superfly

Banned
LOL perrira and armero are exceptional defenders and both can move up and help with the attack something that abidal cannot do...not to mention both barca's fullbacks spend tons of time in the opposing half and both perrira and armero are much better than abidal in that

Are you so sure that Udinese would sell Armero though? They lost Sanchez and Zapata already..

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Are you so sure that Udinese would sell Armero though? They lost Sanchez and Zapata already..
they wont cause we have no more money left.....if we did have money it would take 10 to 15 mill to acquire him and udinises are only in for the money so i am pretty sure they would sell

Stoichkov

I reckon Amorebieta would fit in nicely and get the job done. Fast, strong, good in the air and Liga experienced at the ripe age of 26. Not the greatest technician, but he can win challenges with the best of them.

Last edited:

rolminmaminov

No, not need. Guardiola likes variable players and use them in different position. Like Busquets, Mascherano, Abidal etc. This congruity going very well.

Der Kaiser

Save up for Hummels.
Great technique and passing skills for a CB (used to play as DM), tall, intelligent, not very fast but makes up for it with his positioning. He´s right footed but used to playing on that left CB sport, where he would fit in next to Pique. Will be expensive though as Dortmund have that CL spot locked for the next few years probably.

JonM

I think Pep's plan is to turn Masche into the new Puyol. He's only 27 years old and they're quite similar players (fast, aggressive, good tacklers, really focused). We already know he can play in this Barça system and he's done a good job against arguably our two toughest opponents. So it might be safer to turn him into a full time CB than to buy another expensive player without even knowing if he'll be able to get the job done.

Home of Barca Fans