Shinji Kagawa

veryfatchocobo

You take Kagawa out of that team and it does worse than it would if you removed RVP...He's really the only midfielder of the highest quality in that squad
And yeah pretty much this. Only thing though is that Man U need a technical or possession game if they really want him to use his full talent.

Gervinho

doesnt suit Man u team and was subbed once again yesterday. despite his goal its obvious he's not on the same wavelength as his team mates. United midfielders are schooled to look wide as soon as they get the ball and they are just not seeing his clever movement

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Signs against spurs he's adapting, very good link up and movement, still not the goal threat he offered at dortmund, but he offers something so different, a quick thinking techincally good #10. I would play him in that position over Rooney.

S

Smile

I haven't been impressed what so ever. Has done the odd good things when he has space, but soon as a player comes near him he'll fall on his arse and start trying to kick the ball about while sprawled out on the floor and possession then lost.

Far too lightweight for the PL at the moment, maybe a better option in Europe.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I haven't been impressed what so ever. Has done the odd good things when he has space, but soon as a player comes near him he'll fall on his arse and start trying to kick the ball about while sprawled out on the floor and possession then lost.

Far too lightweight for the PL at the moment, maybe a better option in Europe.

How is he too lightweight? No more lightweight than Ckeverley, Silva or Mata.

He hasnt adapted completly to the english game, but against spurs he was arguably our second best player. 2 goals and 3 or 4 assists so far as well, He's not set the world alight, but he has been more than decent. I expect him to be a star next season/towards the end of this season.

S

Smile

How is he too lightweight? No more lightweight than Ckeverley, Silva or Mata.

He hasnt adapted completly to the english game, but against spurs he was arguably our second best player. 2 goals and 3 or 4 assists so far as well, He's not set the world alight, but he has been more than decent. I expect him to be a star next season/towards the end of this season.

Mata/Cleverley/Silva have upper body strength to hold off challenges. Slightest contact (not even a challenge) Kagawa goes down, for me he needs to poise himself more beforehand so when slight contact happens he has the strength not not fall to the ground.

There's no excuse really, he's the same build as these guys, it's more about technique and there's more technique in football than just having the ball at your feet and at the moment when i watch Kagawa his focus is generally on the ball or which player to pass it to in a United shirt, he's not looking behind him or at the side to see if there's a challenge about to come in, if he did do that (like Silva is great at) he would be able to poise himself and hold off slight brush of shoulders contact.

S

Smile

I do yeah, I'm not saying he won't be a good signing, he's a good footballer, I'm just saying it how i see it atm and what he need to improve on.

Home of Barca Fans