Sergio Gomez

raki

Not since August as at 17 they are playing at a higher level for the first time and from watching likes of Ruiz can see he is still learning.

Perez is a bit older and could say he maybe should have been used earlier but expecting 17 year olds to move up to Segunda as starters is not the way to go.

Why do you keep going on about Bueno when he has not been keeping anyone out the b team?

The reason those players have been brought in is to try and maintain a level to allow those 17 year olds to learn and adapt at their own pace wihout the need to be relied on as starters if not ready.

Bollocks. Who says they are not ready? They´re the ones bailing the coach in these last games.

Bueno kept Tarin from playing. He started several games. A rubbish player now on loan.

raki

foreigners?, canteranos? What???!, You don't get a priority to start just because you came from la masia, You get a spot when you convince the coach you're the better performing player compared to your fellow team-mate.

The coach is a moron.

JamDav1982

Bollocks. Who says they are not ready? They´re the ones bailing the coach in these last games.

Bueno kept Tarin from playing. He started several games. A rubbish player now on loan.

When did Bueno keep Tarin out?

Tarin had played plenty anyway and just looked another one not quite good enough.

messi1995

I don't think it's about money. Dortmund has given several chances to youth players and many of them are happy with Dortmunds project for them. I don't expect it at Barca of course because the demands are so high compared to Dortmund , but they are showing ambition to develope youth players. Dortmund is actually a great team to play for as a youth player.

Not saying they should promise money or first team roles. I expect them to show ambition to help the youth players to develope. Convince them that they have a chance to prove themself, be promoted and then fight for a spot. Gomez would have been convinced with our project if our older la masia talents got enough chances like Gomes and Paulinho gets every fucking week. Also don't have several players ahead of them because it would be impossible for a youth player to be convinced that they can be important. The reason why Eric Garcia left was not because of money, but because there were several players ahead of him. We are still buying centerbacks when we had a promising 17 years old Eric in la masia. Xavi and Iniesta didn't have many players ahead of them. For Xavi it was Pep and for Iniesta it was deco. Carles Aleña won't get chances ahead of useless players like Gomes, Paulinho and Denis. I agree that Iniesta, Rakitic, Coutinho and Roberto should be ahead of him. Of them only Rakitic and Roberto plays in the same position as him. Roberto can cover in many positions anyway, so only Rakitic is ahead of him. I want deadwoods to be sold so our youngster can be convinced that they are more important than bad and useless players. Not saying they should start every game. Be patient and being on the bench is also good enough. If they can come from the bench when the game is dead and we are winning is convincing too. Thats my point.

In city Brahim Diaz gets chances so Eric is convinced that City has changed. Pep is the manager and he wanted to sign Eric. Puyol is his agent and wanted him to go there. When Pep is the manager, you know he will give you several chances to convince him that you are gopd enough. The man played a 20 year old Busquets in the starting lineup against Real Madrid. Also promoted a nobody player like Pedro when he was 21. Also gave chances too players like Cuenca and Tello. Gomez would maybe had stayed if this board didn't sign useless wingers like they have now in january. Trust is everything and thats my point.

khaled_a_d

1-Buyout are hurting us,can't do anything
2-Most of those left, few done anything. Cesc,Bellerin (who was never good enough for us) and Icardi who was never going to succeed here with his style of play and was sold by the club due to discipline issues IIR
The list of those left and failed is way higher
3-Iniesta had Xavi in front of him when he was promoted, next season Deco was bought ahead of him, then Van Bommel who was again ahead of him. He played as RW many games because of them,thad didn't prevent him from developing
4- B team always bought players,nothing is new.
5- The moment a player is signed he should be treated equally with the rst of the team,there should never be favorism based on being La Masia.
6-Gomez is 17, there was no way he would be starter in B team, just way too green for it

God Serena

If Gomez turns out to be some kind of wonder kid for Dortmund that we could have never expected a case might be made for not recognizing his talent and working harder to keep him. But now? He's just another La Masia kid with hype who is leaving because he's too impatient. Couldn't possibly care less. Let's see them make something of their careers before we look back on them leaving as a moment we somehow regret.

tacticvarium

It's true that the board has been poor and incompetent when it comes to managing La Masia since Rosell era but to be honest, these kids are also becoming way too impatient. Most of the kids who left early either for money or first team minutes ended up as average footballer. If you are Canterano and want to succeed, it's better you stay.

Devils

Didn't that Mboula kid say he was going to play first team football at Monaco when he left?

I don't buy that Dortmund are promising first team football to a 17 year old kid who hasn't even featured much for Barca B. Sounds like BS.

xXKonan

Didn't that Mboula kid say he was going to play first team football at Monaco when he left?

I don't buy that Dortmund are promising first team football to a 17 year old kid who hasn't even featured much for Barca B. Sounds like BS.
Yeah one of the reasons Mboula left is Monaco offered him a spot on the first team.

He suffered a pretty bad injury during Preseason and according to a local reporter that follows Monaco was saying Jardim didn't seem to rate him all that highly and wasn't in his main plans for the season. If Transfermarkt is correct he's only played 356 minutes this season and that's only for the UEFA Youth League.

Mboula is right now could be playing for Barca B consistently, instead he's rotting either in the stands or on the Bench if he gets lucky.

jamrock

I don't blame the board for any one player leaving, if they want to they will, kids left under the great Joan Laporte too.

I blame them for not creating the environment where our kids think they are a important part of the clubs future, but they are here to stay for a few more years I just hope we don't miss out on another Thiago.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think it will be his own loss. BVB's track record of promoting and giving young players consistent playing time has not been that great lately. Remember Mor, Passlack (on loan and not getting many minutes) and Merino? The Swedish wunderkid Isak got some minutes when they penalized Aubameyang but I don't think he will be their starting striker any time soon. The same with Sergio Gomez. The only youngster that has been getting some consistent playing time is Sancho, and that is because both Reus and Max Philipp are injured.

It is going to be his own loss.

That said, we must be creative and come up with ways to deal with this stupid buyout clause in Spain which might turn us into a incubator for other clubs.

Last edited:

Joan

Eric Garcia went to city because of Pep? :lol:
No, they offered him astronomical wages and he left. Buying players for the B team is crucial, the way we can sign talented youngsters. Doubt you'd complain had we signed Asensio. Cuenca is such a please to watch, has potential and loves the club. Will he better than Garica? I don't know, but can tell you that I rate one who chose us over many other team much higer than the one who left for money.
Segunda is a serious league, you can't fight it with youngsters alone. What effect would it have? Constant losing is in no universe good for young players.
Also, had Gomes really impressed in training,he'd get his chance, we lack wingers anyway. Look at Miranda, they are of the same age. He's been playing a lot lately and is higher on the picking list than Cucurella who's one of the most consistant players of the team.
Why would Ruiz leave? He's getting playing time and is incorporating in the team.

At the moment, they have no reason to leave ane I don't feel sorry for one moment.

Messi983

Praising Valencia who have lost Isco for only 6M? And many other talented players to EPL clubs over the years as well.

Cuenca is such a please to watch, has potential and loves the club. Will he better than Garica? I don't know, but can tell you that I rate one who chose us over many other team much higer than the one who left for money.

Agree. Cuenca was also born in Madrid and choose Barça over RM where his brother is playing so that's another "win" for us.

Home of Barca Fans