Sergio Canales

Koma

Exactly, i was amazed when he decided to join RM. I thought he would play couple more season at Racing get some skill and then (if he really wants) he could go somewhere else and become a top class leader of the team. Now, he is only a talented boy in a big club.
But somehow, i think his future would be better at Barcelona. In Barca they really pay atention to young players, and since we already have the best cantera in the world, i think our coaches - with assist of Pep, Xavi and Iniesta - would make him a superstar.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Except, Canales would probably get less playing time than even Bojan, at Barca...Should've simply stayed at Racing for another year or two

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
as u know Kaka was bought for 65 Mill and he is considered more expensive than Zizo
u can even see here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...w-record-signings#/?picture=348301454&index=8

and u know the Guardian is a proper source
Such a bender, you are. IN STERLING. And since deals done between Italy and Spain, it should be counted in Euro. You're unbelievable sometimes. :D

Anyway, coming soon:

canagz7f.png

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
How many apps does he have? Like 3-4 lol? It's a shame really...his potential is wasted every passing day with RM. Without a doubt the training with top class players helps but he's never going to get to show whats he's got on the pitch...he definitely needs to play for a team where he will get playing time. I don't think there's any argument over the kids skills and how he could develop.

iookram

I think Ozil's transfer was the turning point of Canales' career. He should really have waited for the summer(of 2010) before deciding on any move out of Racing Santander. It really was obvious that there would be a new coach at Madrid and, almost definitely, new attackers. There was/is/would be absolutely no chance that Canales would start ahead of Ozil. He's really screwed up his career. He should really get out of Madrid(permanently, don't get into that circus club again) and join a club where he would be 1 of the main players, like Pastore joining Palermo. I really could see him at Napoli if Hamsik leaves. Or orchestrating Atleti's play(wouldn't happen though).

Bergkamp10

Arsenal and Manchester United were both interested before he want to Real, especially Arsenal, maybe we'll go for him especially if Rosicky leaves.

Going to Madrid was such a dumb career move for such a talented player. Hope he can get his career back on track.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Is he even that good? He was good for a couple games last season but I haven't seen much more than that to make me think he'll be any good in the future.

Beast

The Observer
Such a bender, you are. IN STERLING. And since deals done between Italy and Spain, it should be counted in Euro. You're unbelievable sometimes. :D

Anyway, coming soon:

canagz7f.png

Isn't the calculation in the Guardian done all in Sterling ??

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Isn't the calculation in the Guardian done all in Sterling ??
They use the exchange rate difference, G.

Zidane: 73.5 million EURO = 47 million POUND: exchange rate in 2001 is 1.57
Kaka: 66 million EURO = 56 million POND: exchange rate in 2009 is 1.17

Transfers were done between two EURO countries so the "most expensive" should be done in EURO. That's why The Guardian specifies: "in sterling if not in euros". For the UK the pound 'stayed the same', but for the world outside the island the pound lost a lot of value. So no use to rank transfer fees according to a foreign currency with a lot of devaluation.

Beast

The Observer
They use the exchange rate difference, G.

Zidane: 73.5 million EURO = 47 million POUND: exchange rate in 2001 is 1.57
Kaka: 66 million EURO = 56 million POND: exchange rate in 2009 is 1.17

Transfers were done between two EURO countries so the "most expensive" should be done in EURO. That's why The Guardian specifies: "in sterling if not in euros". For the UK the pound 'stayed the same', but for the world outside the island the pound lost a lot of value. So no use to rank transfer fees according to a foreign currency with a lot of devaluation.

Which makes my initial post correct Kevin ? or i misunderstood you here ?

Ronaldo was 25 not 39 for example , Zidane 46 Million pound which doesn't turn to 75 Million Euro.. as u know Kaka was bought for 65 Mill and he is considered more expensive than Zizo
u can even see here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...w-record-signings#/?picture=348301454&index=8

If Ronaldo was 39 Mil he would top like Sheva .. and u know the Guardian is a proper source

As u see above

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Zidane was more expensive than Kaka in euros. It's different in pounds because of the exchange rate, but since but teams (italian to spanish) both work in euro that's the sum you need to take into account.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/statistiken/transferrekorde/transfers.html
Here you can see on the right the prices in euro, converted to pounds with the current exchange rate. Zidane more expensive because the pound is now weaker than ten years ago. Kaka was more expensive for UK-based buyers than Zidane, but only because their currency devaluated. For countries inside the monetary union, Zidane was more expensive.

Home of Barca Fans