Sergio Busquets

Horatio

You're welcome
Xavi speaks!

Xavi: "Criticism on Busquets? He knows he made a mistake, but he is a spectacular and unquestionable footballer, he is irreplaceable for our game, if the team is together, Busquets is the best midfielder in the world."

You made this up no? Tell me it to be true

Messi983

:shrug:

FJk7OsNXwAAOQQY

Looks like someone gave him a lift there.

SG-7

I'm wondering if there's more to Busquets than we think. Like is there something in his contract that guarantees him a starter position? Surely it has to be something like this. Because I refuse to believe that over the numerous coaches we've had over the
past 2 to 3 years no ones benched him due to his absolute shit performances. He is literally the controller of midfield and is utter shit at it. I find it hard to believe that Xavi/koeman wasn't seeing what half the football world is seeing.

CatalinR10

Every time I see him display a world class performance , a part in me that I didn't know existed starts to come out , making me appreciate the magic in the world , see the world through the eyes of a poet , I become an artist. I won't let this slip away and will write a poem in awe of Busquet's genius.

My name is Busquets

My legs won't get any better

I'll arrive to defend an attack

A little bit later.

- CatalinutzR80 2022

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I'm wondering if there's more to Busquets than we think. Like is there something in his contract that guarantees him a starter position? Surely it has to be something like this. Because I refuse to believe that over the numerous coaches we've had over the
past 2 to 3 years no ones benched him due to his absolute shit performances. He is literally the controller of midfield and is utter shit at it. I find it hard to believe that Xavi/koeman wasn't seeing what half the football world is seeing.

Captain tax

Porque

Seems Xavi is watching his old team mates with the guise of what they could do in 2010. Then every now and then they givea flash of this and it justifies their selection, and overlooking their mistakes.

But the thing is, you watch Gavi go off, Frenkie and Nico come on and were they any better than Busquets?

Team problem is systematic still stuck in a rut of how to play football.

Dont know what else to say really.

SG-7

Seems Xavi is watching his old team mates with the guise of what they could do in 2010. Then every now and then they givea flash of this and it justifies their selection, and overlooking their mistakes.

But the thing is, you watch Gavi go off, Frenkie and Nico come on and were they any better than Busquets?

Team problem is systematic still stuck in a rut of how to play football.

Dont know what else to say really.

Yeah but surely any new system with more agile and faster paced players will be better than with busquets. We've tried this guy for over 3 years now and its the same shit on repeat. And you can't expect to build a system with the youngsters by only giving them limited time to all work with each other either right?

Raketa10

This guy will literally ruin any chances we have to rebuild this team. He is a dead man walking on the field and Xavi keeps playing him every fucking game. A comedy club! I sometimes honestly wonder if our managers have eyes?! The worst performers yesterday were Alba and Busquets and there will be no consequences for them. Imagine if Balde, Dest, Mingueza or Nico played like Alba did yesterday. People would butcher them and they would be benched at a halftime. I honestly start to wonder WTF is Xavi thinking?

Last edited:

Porque

Yeah but surely any new system with more agile and faster paced players will be better than with busquets. We've tried this guy for over 3 years now and its the same shit on repeat. And you can't expect to build a system with the youngsters by only giving them limited time to all work with each other either right?

With all these losses there should come a moment that we look to change the dynamics. I agree. But then you read opinion pieces like this in Sport today and realise it isn't going to come soon.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/opinion/busquets-siempre-en-el-campo-13128013

Last week, after the semifinal of the Super Cup that Bar?a played against Real Madrid, many of us were flooded with messages via Twitter asking for the substitution of Sergio Busquets . The hashtag was BusquetsEnElBanquillo. Hours later, thanks to the always well-informed journalist Acharf ben Ayad, it became known that it was a campaign started from the Arab world, to which a good number of influencers joined.

They were angry about the mistake that Bad?a had made in Real Madrid's first goal, when Benzema let his wallet be stolen . The worst thing is that this campaign was joined from here by the usual detractors of who has been one of the best midfielders in the history of Bar?a, those who fail to understand why Bad?a's player has been indisputable both at Bar?a and in the Spanish team since Pep Guardiola made him debut in the first team on September 13, 2008. Those who had to support the Madrid press when he discussed the ownership of the Blaugrana in the Spanish team in 2010, just before being the brain of the team that won the World Cup .

Busquets has been the helm of the best Bar?a in history and even so, his excellence was never recognized in individual awards. As unfair as when the current captain has systematically become the center of criticism when things have gone wrong. Not taking into account that Busquets has always been penalized for the team's bad moments, especially when the team has gone long.

OF THE FOREST AND CRUYFF
Busquets doesn't usually respond to criticism and he won't now either. He has always decided to speak on the pitch. He has never responded, but the technicians who have been lucky enough to train him have. Like Vicente del Bosque, who did not hesitate to admit that if he were to be a footballer again, he would like to be like Busquets. “He does everything, he is always willing to help the team, he is generous, he empties himself defensively, and he is one of the first to start playing football. And when he is well, football becomes more fluid, "said the former coach .

Those who have trained him and also those who have not, like Johan Cruyff. “ When the ball lands somewhere, he's always close because of his good sense of position play . And when things seem to get tough for the backs, he opts to go press instead of what 90% of midfielders would do, which is go back and defend. He does what the others don't. He is calm, his technique is effective, the speed of his passes is adequate and he is always in the right place”, the Dutch genius told Ramon Besa in an interview in El Pa?s. God's word.

Zidane82

This guy will literally ruin any chances we have to rebuild this team. He is a dead man walking on the field and Xavi keeps playing him every fucking game. A comedy club! I sometimes honestly wonder if our managers have eyes?! The worst performers yesterday were Alba and Busquets and there will be no consequences for them. Imagine if Balde, Dest, Mingueza or Nico played like Alba did yesterday. People would butcher them and they would be benched at a halftime. I honestly start to wonder WTF is Xavi thinking?

You do know that he played well and assisted in the Torres goal ?

iniestaGOAT

Please don't include Nico in that list of bums

Home of Barca Fans