Sergio Busquets

Andresito

Staff member
Already back on trainings.

busquets-alena-ansu-fati-han-vuelto-los-entrenamientos-1598435070870.jpg

Can't even keep up with Alena and Ansu while jogging.

Co0ter

he is not an enemy of Barto, but part of the Amigos that this forum hate

false, teams usually attack Semedo's side and yet he stayed with longer contract

Not false at all. If you arent aware that teams exploit our lack of speed in midfield, primarily Busquets, regularly then there really isn't any hope for you.

fergus90

Busquets might well come back to training early but if he still continues to drop 4/10 performances in crucial matches then it doesn't mean shit.

Messi983

Busquets might well come back to training early but if he still continues to drop 4/10 performances in crucial matches then it doesn't mean shit.

Sure. Still much better keeping his head down and work than going on social media clapping Puyol's tweets and hoping his best buddy will help him stay at the club for one or two more years.

Busi might also become our new captain so that's a good example to set. Tbh I've never questioned his commitment or professionalism it's just that his legs have gone years ago and he physcially can't keep up with modern football on top level anymore. If he has finally accepted that fact but is still willing to help out the team in a different role then I'm fine with him staying for another year or two during this early rebuilding phase.

fergus90

Sure. Still much better keeping his head down and work than going on social media clapping Puyol's tweets and hoping his best buddy will help him stay at the club for one or two more years.

Busi might also become our new captain so that's a good example to set. Tbh I've never questioned his commitment or professionalism it's just that his legs have gone years ago and he physcially can't keep up with modern football on top level anymore. If he has finally accepted that fact but is still willing to help out the team in a different role then I'm fine with him staying for another year or two during this early rebuilding phase.

Sure and I absolutely agree with the fact that attitude-wise he's been exemplary and it's the unfortunate fact that he's just not up to it anymore.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah can't ever recall Busi saying or doing anything dumb. He's like Iniesta, ability and consistency just isn't there anymore.

serghei

Yeah can't ever recall Busi saying or doing anything dumb. He's like Iniesta, ability and consistency just isn't there anymore.

Exactly. He's past it obviously, but in terms of discipline, he's one of the few veterans that don't cause problems and respect the manager. You can work with players who are past it but want to be professional and do their job. You can't with past it players who think they rule the team. Those need to be cut off.

We have some types of veterans, all of which have various problems.

- Past it players that don't cause problems and are professional.
- Past it players that are also nasty and cause problems with managers, while being bullies even with younger teammates.
- Veterans who are past their best, but are still able to be decisive, while also being trouble makers in the team.

What we don't have is reliable veterans, like Muller, Lewandowski, who are still very competitive at the highest level, and also are very professional and don't cause problem in the team with overstepping their boundaries, usurping the manager's authority, doing acts of rebellion and shit like that.

Last edited:

shadows

I really do not have a problem with Busquets staying this season if he can accept a bench role like Xavi did his last season with us. He simply does not have the legs to play a high energy press which a 4-3-3 demands and hence should not be a starter in any of the major games for us going ahead, especially in the Champions league where opponents just play through him most of the time.

Messi983

Exactly. He's past it obviously, but in terms of discipline, he's one of the few veterans that don't cause problems and respect the manager. You can work with players who are past it but want to be professional and do their job. You can't with past it players who think they rule the team. Those need to be cut off.

We have some types of veterans, all of which have various problems.

- Past it players that don't cause problems and are professional.
- Past it players that are also nasty and cause problems with managers, while being bullies even with younger teammates.
- Veterans who are past their best, but are still able to be decisive, while also being trouble makers in the team.

What we don't have is reliable veterans, like Muller, Lewandowski, who are still very competitive at the highest level, and also are very professional and don't cause problem in the team with overstepping their boundaries, usurping the manager's authority, doing acts of rebellion and shit like that.

This.

Might be unpopular opinion but I think the closest player to that reliable veteran we have right now is Griezmann (if both amigos leave he'll get a more important role and we'll see if he can make a required step up) followed by Roberto (some people consider him as one of the amigos because he's homegrown and has played a lot due to his versatility but I don't really - it's just that Semedo has never proven to be good enough to take that RB spot away from him). Pjanić can hopefully become a reliable veteran too for a few years until younger guys are ready to take over. I don't question his professionalism and quality so it's mostly just a question if/how fast he'll adapt to the team.

serghei

This.

Might be unpopular opinion but I think the closest player to that reliable veteran we have right now is Griezmann (if both amigos leave he'll get a more important role and we'll see if he can make a required step up) followed by Roberto (some people consider him as one of the amigos because he's homegrown and has played a lot due to his versatility but I don't really - it's just that Semedo has never proven to be good enough to take that RB spot away from him). Pjanić can hopefully become a reliable veteran too for a few years until younger guys are ready to take over. I don't question his professionalism and quality so it's mostly just a question if/how fast he'll adapt to the team.

That's exactly why Koeman wants to work with those players, and not with the likes of Suarez. Koeman might not be a top manager tactically, but he knows very well that this team lacks fitness, discipline, and professionalism. It looks like a past glories team that were retired a few years ago and just got together for some oldies friendlies.

khaled_a_d

While I agree with you on this. It would have been nice on his part to realize that he isn't cutting it anymore at the highest level and hand in a transfer request himself or retire. Instead he is one the highest earners on the team without the performances to justify those wages.

Instead he still here leeching at this point.

This is generally the mentality of the players in their early 30's
Xavi and Puyol were like that, may be even worse. They usually believe in themselves a lot and always think they can turn things around.
But this time we just have 7 of them, no younger players to carry them like what happened with our former legends.
Main problem in the club isn't any of the veterans individually , it is the collective presence of them.

Home of Barca Fans