Sergio Busquets

Morten

I dont follow the ins and out of Barca, but why is he even playing important games, considering Frenkie is also a DM?

malvolio

I dont follow the ins and out of Barca, but why is he even playing important games, considering Frenkie is also a DM?

because frenkie is shite at playing there. from what i've seen, shite at playing a defensive position. be it DM or CB.

so, to not look like mugs and maximize our multi million's signing output, we are playing him in a more attacking position.

problem is we don't have another DM in the squad.

Morten

because frenkie is shite at playing there. from what i've seen, shite at playing a defensive position. be it DM or CB.

so, to not look like mugs and maximize our multi million's signing output, we are playing him in a more attacking position.

problem is we don't have another DM in the squad.

Huh, thought DM was Frenkies natural position? Guess i dont pay attention.

JamDav1982

Huh, thought DM was Frenkies natural position? Guess i dont pay attention.

He played more or less DM in a two at Ajax where had freedom to move. Lone DM doesnt suit him as much as his huge advantage to his game is about getting up and down park.

Far better DM than Busquets is now though even if not strongest position. The issue is takes him away from box to box role but for PSG and the state of the CBs surely is worth trying than watching another abysmal Busquets performance that offers next to nothing.

Sailor Mars

Its already been repeated several times, but he is a good passer and distributor. Its just he has declined too much physically and this team doesn't keep enough possession to hide his weaknesses.

JamDav1982

Today suited him to a tee.

Alaves with 442 barely pressured the midfield and tried to stay in shape and break to front two.

When teams pressure him it is different story but was good on ball.

mc_lovin

That he can perform against weaker La Liga teams is valuable enough. No need to take a complete gamble at DM and get rid of him.

Bobo32

He is the best DM in the world in 2021
He needs good football players, with great decisions and positioning, around him. And defensively, he needs midfielders close to him to "just defend a door post".
Put him with Puig and Pedri (weak link, maybe Roberto would be better if fit) against PSG and Barcelona will dominate midfield like in the golden days

Xaviniesta

He is the best DM in the world in 2021
He needs good football players, with great decisions and positioning, around him. And defensively, he needs midfielders close to him to "just defend a door post".
Put him with Puig and Pedri (weak link, maybe Roberto would be better if fit) against PSG and Barcelona will dominate midfield like in the golden days

wtf is this

Home of Barca Fans