Sergio Busquets

serghei

He wasn't always overrated lol. He declined badly and was unable to carry the midfield on his own as a main man. He was always an associative player.

I get what you're saying but:
Barca DNA scored eight goals yesterday. High pressing, Gegenpressing, Ultra-high defense line, moving the ball fast, compactness, consistent overloading, excellent synergies - and also athleticism.

He doesn't know what most of those are.

Bayern, Liverpool, Leipzig, all implemented and adapted the model of Pep's Barcelona to the specific of their type of football. With some changes of course, but many of the things that Pep Barca popularized (not invented) in this era are now found in the best sides.

They even flat out admit the influence of Pep's Barca side. Like Naggelsman here.
https://www.vbetnews.com/leipzig-manager-told-inspired-pep-guardiola/

Last edited:

serghei

Muller speaks about Flick and compares his methods and views as similar to the ones from Guardiola.
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...guardiola-bayern-munich-s-thomas-muller-12272

Excerpt:
"The last time we were so well drilled was under Pep Guardiola. Every player was allowed to add their own touch to their position based on their preferences, strengths and weaknesses, but the role was always clear. There were no ifs, buts or maybes.

"Hansi gives us clear guidelines - not options, but specifics. That's why we were able to come back so well after he took charge."

mc_lovin

I dont really want to dive into your points (well, Iniesta was an absolute champion), but why do you want us to be a copy of every other team? Its good that we have our own style. Someone like Puig (La Masia posterboy) can be an excellent addition to Frenkie and a physical midfielder for example.

serghei

Guardiola is now like a famous artist inspiring other artists. A great manager who's view of football inspires other gifted managers to adopt the same template while adding their own spin on a working framework.

BBZ8800

He wasn't always overrated lol. He declined badly and was unable to carry the midfield on his own as a main man. He was always an associative player.

He doesn't know what most of those are.

Bayern, Liverpool, Leipzig, all implemented and adapted the model of Pep's Barcelona to the specific of their type of football. With some changes of course, but many of the things that Pep Barca popularized (not invented) in this era are now found in the best sides.

I can not explain a level of ignorance while reading your post.

Do you know that feeling when you think that I don't understand tactics the way you do?
Well, now turn the tables.
This is how I feel about you when you talk about psychology and physique.

I say: wtf 20 times while reading every post.

Pep's Barca had only two weapons.
Possession and counters.

We lacked the third weapon: height, crosses and headers.
We lacked mental strength.

We won only because we were 200% better than the rest in technique.
But even then we struggled against bullies Chelsea 2009, Inter 2010, Chelsea 2012.

Barca historically struggle against these bullies.
And we win only on rare occassions.
Not to mention that we have the highest paid team since always.

When you sum up everything, Pep's style is far from perfect.
And it can win only in absolutely perfect conditions.
If conditions aren't perfect, there is almost no way to win in Europe with Barca DNA style.

Did you guys ever wonder why Barca wins in a CL only when we are absolutely the best in everything?
And why teams like RM and Germans often win during average seasons?

It's simple.
Our style can win only when absolutely everything is perfect.

Other, more versatile styles can win in not so perfect conditions.

But you guys will figure that out in 5-10 years, don't worry.

Last edited:

Catta

Did you guys ever wonder why Barca wins in a CL only when we are absolutely the best in everything?
And why teams like RM and Germans often win during average seasons?

It's simple.
Our style can win only when absolutely everything is perfect.

Other, more versatile styles can win in not so perfect conditions.

But you guys will figure that out in 5-10 years, don't worry.

This part is so true. Our team needs to copy more from Rijkaard than from Pep. Fast, strong, technical, that is how a modern team should be.

MTL_Barca

Athleticism and mental strength are fundamental to every style. Peps Barca got both as well for example, not in muscles but players could run both offensively and defensively. If you then add superior technique, football IQ and tactic and suddenly it's not too important anymore who would win in a 11 vs 11 fist fight. It's not like all CL winners are playing for headers with exclusively 1,90m tall physical beasts.

I don't understand how someone can watch this shitshow of football the team is presenting us for years now and then immediately think of stuff like headers or corners. Compared to other flaws of the team that is so unimportant, the team lacks fundamental parts not only of the Barca style but successful football in general.

You can play Barca style with some physicality mixed in. I mean it's not like we automatically can't have tall CBs, a strong DM and a real 9 as a striker etc. Historical teams also don't really matter for that, football is evolving and so should the style but keeping it's core alive should still be possible unless of course you elect a president who seems determined to destroy said style.

If we can't even remotely execute our own style there is no need to completely abandon it, or abandon it even more because let's face it a 4-4-2 with guys like Vidal, Rakitic, Paulinho etc and static forwards is already as far away from "Barca style" as any other team playing shit football.

Last edited:

Rory

Busquets is an excellent player..... for a five a side pitch. Has absolutely no legs to play on a full size pitch simple as that.

Tackle

Oh my. :lol:

Every discussion on here these days devolves into the same 3-4 streams. Neither side is willing to listen to each other and instead resorts to the same tried and trusted talking points that have been regurgitated a million times already.

Just save yourself the time lads and instead of typing out the same things over and over again simply copy/paste the exact same discussion you had yesterday, which went down the exact same path...

:sleep:

khaled_a_d

Most Pep signings were physical players
Ibra? Pique? they were towers. Hleb, Chygrynskiy were also tall, to a lesser extent were Caceras & Afellay & Keita .
Cesc & Alves was average height for their positions, but Alves was a physical beast, Adriano too was athletic for a FB.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Never blamed for anything playing in an alibi role.
Needs to be sold asap along with Pique, Suarez and co.

BBZ8800

Most Pep signings were physical players
Ibra? Pique? they were towers. Hleb, Chygrynskiy were also tall, to a lesser extent were Caceras & Afellay & Keita .
Cesc & Alves was average height for their positions, but Alves was a physical beast, Adriano too was athletic for a FB.

Sold Ronnie, Etoo, Gudi, Edmilson, Motta etc

Average height and strength dropped massively from Rijkaard to Pep.

For me, Pep would play with 10 David Silvas/Iniestas on a field if he would have them.
Midfielders, fullbacks, Cbs, pivots, wingers, attackers.

mc_lovin

Sold Ronnie, Etoo, Gudi, Edmilson, Motta etc

Average height and strength dropped massively from Rijkaard to Pep.

For me, Pep would play with 10 David Silvas/Iniestas on a field if he would have them.
Midfielders, fullbacks, Cbs, pivots, wingers, attackers.

It made sense at the time.

We dont have that option now, because we simply lack those talents. Noone wants Puig-Frenkie-Alena and Griezmann upfront. And its much easier to find decent physical guys (Camavinga, Guimaraes..)

Home of Barca Fans