Sergio Busquets

FCB1987

Banned
Don't blame Busquets to sign the renewal.

Anyone would've done the same if they're in his position.

If anything, you should direct your frustration/anger at our board's decision to give Busuqets the new contract in the first place.

I'm not blaming him for signing a renewal but if players are milking the club for as much as they can, fans shouldn't have to avoid criticizing them because they were good in the past.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am one of the few left in here who still believes to recognize Busi's real value and his quality in general.
Everybody takes him for granted and does not realize how high his default level really is and has been since he stepped on the stage. It is just hard to grasp sometimes because he is not your usual DM like Kante or Casemiro who got nothing on Busi to be honest. Although I really like Kante and think he is a fabulous player that could play together with Busi.

And I know that all next posts will be about his speed and the times he played together with Xavi and Iniesta. Keep it coming.

wisconsincule

When a player reaches 30 we should renew only on an annual basis with performance based bonuses a major chunk of their salary.

Can you imagine Busquets in two years? Forget five. Barto and company have turned this club into a charity.

This is the beginning of the end.

This. And he has a 500mil buyout clause? Lol like wtf

soul24rage

I am one of the few left in here who still believes to recognize Busi's real value and his quality in general.
Everybody takes him for granted and does not realize how high his default level really is and has been since he stepped on the stage. It is just hard to grasp sometimes because he is not your usual DM like Kante or Casemiro who got nothing on Busi to be honest. Although I really like Kante and think he is a fabulous player that could play together with Busi.

And I know that all next posts will be about his speed and the times he played together with Xavi and Iniesta. Keep it coming.

I rate Busi and I don't think he 'declined' as many have said about him. But in our current system where possession is not as highly prioritized as say Pep's and with the lack of pressing from our team, Busi cannot show his full potential and there are others like Coutinho or even Alba that can. That's what I think. If Pep or Sarri were to be our manager now, Busi might be our 2nd best player.

Barcilliant

I rate Busi and I don't think he 'declined' as many have said about him. But in our current system where possession is not as highly prioritized as say Pep's and with the lack of pressing from our team, Busi cannot show his full potential and there are others like Coutinho or even Alba that can. That's what I think. If Pep or Sarri were to be our manager now, Busi might be our 2nd best player.

Well, time are a changing. We are no longer the team we were under Pep and Lucho. He can showcase his so called potential at City. If City came with 60 million I would fly Busquets to Manchester at my expense.

eaman

LOL. Coutinho is way more valuable. You could have Rakitic in Busi's role and it would not be a big drop off

You wouldn't get the same level of midfield role and you wouldn't get as many passes between the lines with rakitic in the role. Busquets is still the best at that role in the world

soul24rage

Well, time are a changing. We are no longer the team we were under Pep and Lucho. He can showcase his so called potential at City. If City came with 60 million I would fly Busquets to Manchester at my expense.

Well, if we are going to keep using this system, then yeah I would sell also consider selling Busi if the right offer came.

Andrew M

You wouldn't get the same level of midfield role and you wouldn't get as many passes between the lines with rakitic in the role. Busquets is still the best at that role in the world

So if you had the choice right now of selling Coutinho or Busi, you pick Coutinho?

Gnidrologist

Well, if we are going to keep using this system, then yeah I would sell also consider selling Busi if the right offer came.
We aren't using any system right now. Busq is still very good given the circumstances even if has some off games. With competent coach he would revitalize.

Home of Barca Fans