Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

It is common for best players at clubs to be promised this type of thing when signing new contracts.

Busquets to be fair has not been on great wages at Barca and probably been promised he will be one of highest paid as a senior player to compensate a bit.

Givenchy

People lose their shit if someone says that a barca legend isn't that great now. But sorry guys busi is just average these days and he has been for a very long time now and his decline is pretty visible.

Thing is he isn't anywhere close to the biggest problems we have currently so he can't be criticised too much. Suarez and raki are much much worse and need to be shipped ASAP but you are deluding yourself if you are thinking busi is still amazing and that he is one of the players we can boast about.

sadly agree. without Xavi and Iniesta controlling the midfield, Busi is nowhere near as effective. we NEED an engine/energy type for midfield, its so blatantly obvious how Raki-Busi get outpaced leaving our CBs exposed. nothing will change though, we'll continue giving aging players huge contracts because of their 'legend' status

JamDav1982

He isnt average but he gets exposed defensively if has slow players like Raki and Iniesta around him.

On the ball Busquets this season was as good if not better than ever. His range of passing was better than have seen.

Sitck him in CM and get some more pace and strength to help him at DM.

Andrew M

The fiscal year starting in summer 2019 would be the right time with 2 years left on his current deal. It makes perfect sense. Hopefully the board can reassure him with that. No danger of someone paying his clause.

FinBarcelonafan

He isnt average but he gets exposed defensively if has slow players like Raki and Iniesta around him.

On the ball Busquets this season was as good if not better than ever. His range of passing was better than have seen.

Sitck him in CM and get some more pace and strength to help him at DM.

Exactly. Ini-Raki-Bus great players when they have ball but they will get abused by any speedy players. Lack of speed was huge problem vs any good team with speedy players.

I think we need to replace Iniesta with speed and technique. Just pray God Arthur will turn out good because he would help us a lot. He is fast, technical etc. He could be backup for Busi. Improve the midfield and we could be still great team..

M

MessiCam

Exactly. Ini-Raki-Bus great players when they have ball but they will get abused by any speedy players. Lack of speed was huge problem vs any good team with speedy players.

I think we need to replace Iniesta with speed and technique. Just pray God Arthur will turn out good because he would help us a lot. He is fast, technical etc. He could be backup for Busi. Improve the midfield and we could be still great team..
Rakitic is better without the ball... If you’re suffering in games he is the type of player you want on the field. When you’re dominating the ball he is not what you want.

TitoTata

Banned
Rakitic is better without the ball... If you’re suffering in games he is the type of player you want on the field. When you’re dominating the ball he is not what you want.

How. ?

He's officially the SLOWEST member of the whole Barca squad and that includes the three keepers who don't normally do any running ?!

M

MessiCam

How. ?

He's officially the SLOWEST member of the whole Barca squad and that includes the three keepers who don't normally do any running ?!

Because he works hard when the team doesn’t have the ball.

I’m no fan of his but I can’t deny his strengths.

Ritchie

According to Sport he wants a bigger contract and he already earns 14 mil per season! If this is true I am truly disappointed in him. He didn’t play well at all this year, Rakitic had a much better season and Busi is also turning 30 in one month. He has a buyout of 200 mill so if someone wants to pay that amount of money for him I honestly don’t care anymore. I would never increase his salary. He was fantastic in that pivot role in 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta but in this system (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1) he is absolutely replaceable for 200 mil.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632

Messi and Coutinho are the only elite level players left at the club.

Barca have too many players past their best.

Some of the salaries the others get are insane. Busquets deserved his wage when he got the contract, he doesn't deserve more now.

clemente

WC will start and everyone will be orgasming about Busquets all over again. So many pathetic posts lately, if you think that a DM needs pace then you should go support Liverpool, that will fit your style.

FinBarcelonafan

WC will start and everyone will be orgasming about Busquets all over again. So many pathetic posts lately, if you think that a DM needs pace then you should go support Liverpool, that will fit your style.

Problem is our whole midfield is slow as ****. Raki-Ini-Busi. That's just too slow.

Home of Barca Fans