Sergio Busquets

clemente

I dont think people understand how Busquets works, put him in that Madrid team instead of Casemiro and he will be their best player. Wtf people are complaining about his pace, did he used to be faster or something? He is all about positioning, which is bar none, and he needs a team to work with. Playing with Rakitic and Gomes is probably demotivating for him.

BBZ8800

I've never understood the "lost hunger because of trophies" argument. Elite level players, and certainly not all time greats, don't get to where they are with the mindset that they can coast once they've made it.

For the 100th time, one thing is: I want to keep winning and working on myself mentality.

The other thing is a natural loss of motivation when you achieve something for the 10th or 20th time.

When you kissed a girl for the first time.
And then remember when you kissed the 20th different girl in your life. Where you as excited and nervous as the first time?

When a European travels to New York for the first time.
Do you think that he is equally as excited the first time when he sees New York and 20 years later when he will be visiting it for the 20th time?

Imagine a Barca's fan from outside of Spain coming to Camp Nou to watch a match for the first time in his life after dreaming about that moment for 20-30 years.
And then imagine the same guy coming to a match once a year for 12 years.
Do you think that he was more emotional and impressed in the year when he came to Camp Nou for the first time or when he did it for the 12th time in a row?

Now do this with Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and guys who won waaaaaaaaaay too many trophies in their lives.

So, yes, you need some level of motivation to always want more.
But you just CAN'T want things equally as much as in the first attempt.
Unless if you are a robot.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

I like busquets, i think he has so much quality. His problem is that we dont play possession football anymore, so we see him chasing after players a lot. In the right system he is amazing. The style we are playing now, he looks average.

Sneer

Banned
Busi has been done for 3 seasons now.
I wouldn't be wrong to consider him the weak link in the STARTING line up. Always pulling players out of position when they try to help him in situations.
Was found lacking and completely absent in the first goal and also played a principal role in the second goal.
At this rate, I dare say he is only still in the squad due to his Catalan root and his fathers influence.
Used to be one of my best players ..... Not so much anymore.

Windhook

Busi's been done, ever since his debut in 2008. That's what most of the people, fans, think. Not me.

He's having another one of those infamous slumps, that eventually prove disastrous for the whole squad. I have faith, though.

YodaMaster

He's the best possible DM for a Barcelona style playing team. Problem is not Busquets, problem is that Barcelona does no longer play like Barcelona. And that's because guys like Rakitic and Gomes can't play the Barcelona football.

BBZ8800

He's the best possible DM for a Barcelona style playing team. Problem is not Busquets, problem is that Barcelona does no longer play like Barcelona. And that's because guys like Rakitic and Gomes can't play the Barcelona football.

If Barcelona won't be able to play like Barcelona in the next 2-3-4 years since we don't have midfielders who can play our style, would it be wiser to continue playing Busquets in every match even though he doesn't play well in the current setup and with current type of midfielders or we should try to play someone else, who would be a better fit for a current Barca's style.

A random idea, imagine a midfield trio in 433 for example: Cdm Roberto/or even Paulinho, Cms Rakitic/Rafinha/Gomes-Coutinho.
At least 2 faster and mobile guys in Roberto and Coutinho.

We really can't play with 3 turtles in Busi-Raki-Iniesta or Busi-Raki-Gomes or Busi-Gomes-Iniesta.

Some pace and mobility (even though with weaker passers) could maybe slightly improve our team.
Or we could at least try and see how it works.
Because the current setup isn't working for the last 2 years.

Albo

I appreciate everything Busquets has done for the club but truth be told the guy has the body strength of a little girl, speed of a turtle and the reflexes of a koala.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I appreciate everything Busquets has done for the club but truth be told the guy has the body strength of a little girl, speed of a turtle and the reflexes of a koala.

He wasn't bad tonight.

Go and have a White Twix.

Did we see the same match? In the first half, Barca's offense was like Messi, Busquets and eight other lamp posts. Him and Messi are the only origins of any kind of creativity from the midfield.

Albo

Did we see the same match? In the first half, Barca's offense was like Messi, Busquets and eight other lamp posts. Him and Messi are the only origins of any kind of creativity from the midfield.

Yes we did, he didn't have a bad game but you have to see how much he slows our gameplay. That combined with Turtlekic is a recipe for disaster.

Home of Barca Fans