Sergio Busquets

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Midfield has been sacrificed under Lucho.
Busquets is class, we just need another strategy and new coach.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He needs to be surrounded by two mids who can easily circulate the ball so that he can help them, he is too static to do that himself in a way like Xavi did even at age of 35. With our wide positioning of CMs he's basically alone, and as if that was not bad enough, this season we have Gomes in midfield whose first touch is often heavy.

F

FlaFCB

Problem is not the players. It's too many of them underperforming at the same time. And when they play for their nt's, they play well.

Busi never plays well isolated. He is slow, needs support.

kilian

He looks like a cone against faster opposition midfielders. Definitely not capable of playing with lines so far apart. He is a master of small spaces, but a disaster in open space. But I don`t blame him, you can`t transform to someone else, it`s on coach to have a system that suits the players.

Truthist

The most overrated player i have seen. A footballing fraud who is so poor off the ball its ridiculous.

Get a mobile, energetic midfield against him and its a clear mismatch.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The most overrated player i have seen. A footballing fraud who is so poor off the ball its ridiculous.

Get a mobile, energetic midfield against him and its a clear mismatch.

Harsh. Both him and Iniesta weren't 100% fit and our midfield is sacrificed anyway.

With new coach and more cohesive lineup he'll be golden again.

F

FlaFCB

When we cant control a game he becomes an instant liability. He offers no protection to his defence.

How can he do that by himself? Iniesta and Gomes were playing wide, as per licho's "tactics". Busi and Iniesta were also back from injuries, without match rhythm.

Diogo28

He was so good when he used to drop between the CBs to start the plays. Now the midfield is a stupid, ineffective line of 3. Not his fault for sure.

Truthist

How can he do that by himself? Iniesta and Gomes were playing wide, as per licho's "tactics". Busi and Iniesta were also back from injuries, without match rhythm.

We can use the same argument for Gomes and Iniesta too then? I understand he gets isolated but he simply cannot win a 1v1 duel to his lack of mobility.

He needs people to be around him to be effective.

F

FlaFCB

We can use the same argument for Gomes and Iniesta too then? I understand he gets isolated but he simply cannot win a 1v1 duel to his lack of mobility.

He needs people to be around him to be effective.

His stronger ability was always intercepting plays and passing, not defending 1-on-1's.

Home of Barca Fans