Sergio Busquets

G

Gasgas

Obviously I'm not looking only at the short passes but it's the key to be a Barca midfielder and Masch hasn't got that.

The only thing Masch is better at than Busquets is defensive skills and it's also not like Busi can't defend as some would claim.

Masche has it believe it or not, there are matches when played at DM he managed to show those abilities e.g watch his highlights vs eibar where he played as a DM. He was excellent in those short passes
Another problem comes that he is almost always played with second string mids n som matches

L

linetty

I don't get all the hate either. He's not as good as Busquets for us, but he is still a class DM. The only thing I'm worried about is his form atm. He's been reckless and has mistimed his tackles more often than not the last month, as CB and as DM.
I said he's world class a few good times. But I explained myself further as well. That's not hate, I think, but you've got the right to your opinion. Or maybe you didn't refer to me?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I said he's world class a few good times. But I explained myself further as well. That's not hate, I think, but you've got the right to your opinion. Or maybe you didn't refer to me?

I think he's saying in general. For example, the poster who asked "Why did we buy [Mascherano] in the first place?"

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It was DrPepper, right? I don't think he meant it.

Yeah it was. I don't think he meant it, either. I looked at it again. He clearly says that, Masche isn't good enough to bench Busi and he isn't a world class cb, but he's too good to bench.

L

linetty

He clearly says that, Masche isn't good enough to bench Busi and he isn't a world class cb, but he's too good to bench.
Well, I don't think he's far away in that claim tbh. :blush: But on form he definitely is world class.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

No, not you specifically, just in general.

DrPepper

Yeah, which is why his statement makes more sense now.

Yeah, no disrespect to Mascherano intended obviously. But if I had the chance to trade him against a world class CB (or even younger CB with potential) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Also he'd be a definite starter at nearly every other club so it's a bit sad to see him as a makeshift CB for nearly 4 years now where he never has been truly world class.

Truthist

Mascherano > Busquets any day of the week for me. Busquets is like a tortoise in the midfield.

He has 2 exceptional strengths, reading of the game and 3 yards one touch passing.

He runs like am old man, one v one he gets blitzed every single time.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
busquets is amazing on the ball for a dm, much superior to masch when we have the ball. defensively he is better at closing angles down, while masch is better at getting tackles in and running back quicker.

i prefer busquets every day of the week at dm. we are at our best when he is playing.

Jombi

Mascherano > Busquets any day of the week for me. Busquets is like a tortoise in the midfield.

He has 2 exceptional strengths, reading of the game and 3 yards one touch passing.

He runs like am old man, one v one he gets blitzed every single time.

Busquets is the best DM in the world by some distance IMO.

Home of Barca Fans