Sergio Aguero

AURELIUS

Their defence is awful.
Rojo plays for Sporting CP and they are having a terrible season, both club and player. Plus he is a CB playing as a LB, adding 0 to atack.
Garay and Zabaleta are only good players, easily beaten by the best forwards. The other CB seems to lack some Europe experience.
Either Messi and company score 4/5 goals against Germany/Spain/Brazil or they'll go home and in the last WC.

Yes it is truly awful as we have seen they have conceded the fewest goals in CONMEBOL qualification. Have you actually watched the games or just like trotting out the same formulaic garbage that is repeated ad nauseam ? Fernandez and Garay have been commanding at the back aerially. Granted they are not the paciest but they have made key interceptions and kept Suarez and Cavani in their pockets and Sanchez too.

Zabaleta is one of the best fullbacks in the EPL and even Rojo has defended well and attacked with intent in the game against Uruguay. Which of course you failed to see as Rojo had 3 strikes on goal and was constantly marauding down the left providing an excellent outlet with di Maria and for Messi.

Personally I'd prefer to see Peruzzi come in and Pezzella too at some point. As for Kun he and Messi do have a telepathic relationship on the pitch. Kun can play anywhere across the front and drop deep when required. Indeed all of the fantastic four can and set up for each other which makes them hard to mark when playing as a unit.

Defences today in general are weak and I cannot see any side in the world being able to contain this lot. Kun still isn't anywhere near his prime either though odd niggling injuries have prevented him having long consistent stretches in sides. It would be nice to see him at the Nou Camp but unfortunately that is not going to happen in the forseeable future.

AURELIUS

I want him at Barca :-( Does City still have any interest in Alexis?

Yes. And Egonaldo and indeed Cavani etc etc. If the club offered him at a tempting price it's possible a swap might be arranged. Mancini loves Aguero though as do the fans and he is settled now.

Diogo28

Yes it is truly awful as we have seen they have conceded the fewest goals in CONMEBOL qualification. Have you actually watched the games or just like trotting out the same formulaic garbage that is repeated ad nauseam ? Fernandez and Garay have been commanding at the back aerially. Granted they are not the paciest but they have made key interceptions and kept Suarez and Cavani in their pockets and Sanchez too.

Zabaleta is one of the best fullbacks in the EPL and even Rojo has defended well and attacked with intent in the game against Uruguay. Which of course you failed to see as Rojo had 3 strikes on goal and was constantly marauding down the left providing an excellent outlet with di Maria and for Messi.

Personally I'd prefer to see Peruzzi come in and Pezzella too at some point. As for Kun he and Messi do have a telepathic relationship on the pitch. Kun can play anywhere across the front and drop deep when required. Indeed all of the fantastic four can and set up for each other which makes them hard to mark when playing as a unit.

Defences today in general are weak and I cannot see any side in the world being able to contain this lot. Kun still isn't anywhere near his prime either though odd niggling injuries have prevented him having long consistent stretches in sides. It would be nice to see him at the Nou Camp but unfortunately that is not going to happen in the forseeable future.

CONMEBOL without Brazil is a joke for a team like Argentina. When the WC arrives you will see that great defense of yours against real teams like Germany again :lol:

AURELIUS

CONMEBOL without Brazil is a joke for a team like Argentina. When the WC arrives you will see that great defense of yours against real teams like Germany again :lol:

Or indeed the mighty Northern Ireland. Pepe and company. :lol:

The team only conceded once against Germany when they beat them earlier this season. Germany's defence of course is rock solid. You do talk a lot of rubbish.

King Leo

Banned
Argentina's defense in the last two matches IMO has been tested once again and passed the test. Especially against Chile. How many teams you know can attack like those hot peppers did? is Argentina ready to for the wc? NO! but the world cup is not next month rather in almost two years and there's plenty of time to continue the buildup project that Sabella started. The important thing here is that the team was put on the right track. Maradona couldn't take the Albeceleste past Germany because, A. he is not a coach or a tactician but a motivational character (can't think of anything better). B. Germany was a stronger team period. Sabella can put plans for teams like Germany and surely he got the weapons to deliver his plan (including defense).

One last thing, Argentina's defense doesn't have to be the best. The fantastic four can take care of business up front. Wait until Banega gets back and the midfield will be stronger. Argentina is looking good for the first time in a long time.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Argentina's defense in the last two matches IMO has been tested once again and passed the test. Especially against Chile. How many teams you know can attack like those hot peppers did? is Argentina ready to for the wc? NO! but the world cup is not next month rather in almost two years and there's plenty of time to continue the buildup project that Sabella started. The important thing here is that the team was put on the right track. Maradona couldn't take the Albeceleste past Germany because, A. he is not a coach or a tactician but a motivational character (can't think of anything better). B. Germany was a stronger team period. Sabella can put plans for teams like Germany and surely he got the weapons to deliver his plan (including defense).

One last thing, Argentina's defense doesn't have to be the best. The fantastic four can take care of business up front. Wait until Banega gets back and the midfield will be stronger. Argentina is looking good for the first time in a long time.

Rojo as a starter as left back is a joke. Ansaldi is way better. Collocinni is also a very good player to play in central defense. Players Like Pastore, Milito, Tevez coukd be useful on bench.
Argentina can´t stand a chance against teams like germany or spain. Argentina only have 5 world class players in their current 11. The 2 other have 9/11 world class and even some on the bench.

King Leo

Banned
in case I did not explain this well, you don't have to have the BEST 11 to win the world cup. To win the most prestigious cup you have to play 7 games, be smart (unlike coach Maradona), have a killer weapon like player Maradona (or Messi), a decent squad (not necessarily the best 11), a bit of luck and there you have it! Football eternity. Italy won the cup in 2006 don't tell me they were the favorites! and they did so in 82 thanks to Paulo Rossi although Brazil had a stronger squad lead by Zico. In 86 El Diego won it for Argentina (he only had a semi-decent squad behind him) even when Germany was stronger and he was close to repeating that in 90!

Spain won in 2010 and they were the strongest hands down and that doesn't always happen.

If you mean which teams are stronger in the world, I suggest you join the FIFA ranking team. They're good at that (or not!)

Argentina has the fantastic four, plus Mascherano. A decent goalie, decent midfield and an improved defense. The WC project is not over, almost two years of work ahead and still lots of room for improvement.

Last edited:

natsunoko

Heard yesternight on tv that if Neymar´s not coming this summer, Kun Aguero has been offered to barça, already and seems legit and serious and he is a very good friend of Messi. I really like the idea of having Neymar with us next season, but el Kun is not bad either. What do you guys think?

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
GET THIS MAN!
I don't care what we do...but we should definitely get Aguero. The magic from him and Messi would be legendary for years to come.
I wanted him before we even thought about Alexis

Home of Barca Fans