Sandro Rosell

abual3bed1

Sandro Rosell was today in an Arabic Sports chanel (al Jazeera Sport) show about liga .. he talked about several stuff like:

about Ibrahimovic , he said: we did what we thought was best for the team .. Guardiola told the management that with Villa's arrival .. Ibrahimovic is no longer fitting into the project .. so we had to find the best deal and we did .. I don't care what Ibra said about his time in Barca ..

about Ronaldinho and Eto'o: some says that I was the one who sealed Ronaldinho's deal .. and that's wrong .. the whole management board agreed on Ronaldinho .. I don't like giving credit for individuals over a group work .. about Eto'o .. some said that Rossell doesn't like Eto'o and didn't want to sign him .. again .. Barca's deals work on votes .. the whole board said yes for Eto'o signing so we went after him.

on Clasicos of last season and if Mourinho was behind the problems between the sides , he said: I don't know about that .. we like to keep our Clasicos within the pitch .. I don't care what others do.

on expanding Camp Nou or even build a new stadium: I don't think we need a new stadium .. Camp Nou represnt our tradition .. everybody knows that Camp Nou is our home .. it's the biggest stadium in europe .. it might need some improvments and we are working on it to keep it as a top stadium where every visit is a great experience on and off pitch.

also about playing in the noon .. he said: I don't like that .. and if we have to play on this time I wish it's not in Camp Nou ..

about Mes Que Un Club , he said: it's the way we live .. I can't start explaining this thing .. I will only say that Barcelona is Mes Que Un Club in every possible way .. the traditions , the way we work .. I will keep talking for days and I won't be able to say it all.

on how important players left the team and never got credit for what they did for the team (Rivaldo - Ronnie - etc) and only Cruyff who stayed with the club after leaving , Rossell said: that's not true .. you saw what we did for Ronaldinho last year .. Eto'o visited the team during training last season .. so did Rivaldo .. even Maradona .. we welcome every player played for Barcelona even if for one minute .. some players are busy with their post football life and there's nothing we can do about that .. Ronaldinho is a major turning point in Barca's history .. he helped the club to regain thier position between top teams in europe .. evey Barca fan will be forever thankful for what Ronnie did .. and he will be welcomed in this club forever ..

he also talked about how the club works on deals like Qatar and players signing: we like to keep everything away from media until it's done .. sometimes that's just not possible but sometimes it works and it's great way to close deals.

about Real Madrid's shirt being the most selling shirt: that's not completely true .. in 2010 and 2011 .. Barca's shirt made money more than any other shirt in the whole world .. you can see that eveywhere you go .. you see the red and blue shirt .. I have numbers about that but we like to keep that for ourselves.

about new deals with Alba or Bale .. he said: I don't know about that .. ask Guardiola coz when he tells me that he needs any player .. I do my best to sign him .. otherwise I don't know anything about the names you mentioned.

he was asked if Pep is taking a risk by not signing a new defender with the injuries of Puyol and Pique .. he said: I don't think so .. I asked Pep if he wants a new defender and talked to him about that .. he explained to me how Mascherano and Abidal and even Busquets are doing well in CB position .. and I trust his choices ..

finally about Pep's contract , he said: his contract is ready .. whenever he wants to sign it .. 1 year or more than that .. I wish I can keep him as long as I'm here .. but I will not force him to do something he doesn't want .. he feels that year by year contract is better .. so it is for us.

Last edited:

poltergeist

A bit to blunt for my liking. He has no business telling Spurs that Bale is overpriced or telling them what his worth should be. Anyway, I hope the deal falls through.
Savvy businessman though.

BigBarcaBoy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/07/barcelona-not-for-sale

"Barcelona is not a business, it is a feeling. We are not owned by anybody, we are an association; we do not have 'clients'. I will never put a game on at 12 noon for the Chinese audience. We do want to open up our market but not to forget our roots. While I am the president, Barcelona will never, ever be for sale."

i guess we wont be kicking off at 12 any time soon :lol:

Good news, I like a lie in on a Sunday morning.

jamrock

he talks so much shit, barca is a feeling, yet he goes and puts on a sponsor on the shirt, that was the biggest feeling we had, if he can sell that might as well he sells everything

Maria

Sandro: If the referee didn't see a penalty it means it wasn't a penalty.

:worthy:

Rosell speaks worse than Messi..sometimes I miss Laporta so much. Mouriarty wouldn't have dared to do half of the stuff he did with Joan at Barca.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that when there is a touchy subject, he always comes up with the worst possible answer, in a feeble and weak way... Laporta on the other side, came with a terrible answer too but at least he would look convinced and confident...

Home of Barca Fans