Sandro Rosell

Barcafan 2304

Not sure what this number thing is but any way, after this summer, surely doubters are eroding. This guy has a long term plan of maximising income and driving debt down and he is already taking major steps to meet that objective while STILL bringing in quality players. Epic success this summer for him personally i think

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Selling the shirt to Qatar sponsors is hardly a plan.
His vice president Bartomeu just showed what a child he is. Practically taunted Arsenal and blew his own horn for getting Cesc on a cheap.
That will do us so much good in future dealings I'm sure.

I am happy with the signings so far though.

DucdeOrléans

His vice president Bartomeu just showed what a child he is. Practically taunted Arsenal and blew his own horn for getting Cesc on a cheap.

Have you read the Spanish article or some random English article? In the original article there was no sign of "bullying" Arsenal. It was just a response on whether he was signed cheaply or not. Wenger and Cesc's agent (Dein) both have said the same. "Wenger: "Dein saying Barça bought champagne at sparkling wine price? David knows what he's talking about. Cesc is the best French champagne".

Bartomeu's words translated into English;
"Cesc's real price would be 60M. But he said he only wanted to join Barça. Then the market price doesn't matter anymore".

I really don't see the big deal.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Have you read the Spanish article or some random English article? In the original article there was no sign of "bullying" Arsenal. It was just a response on whether he was signed cheaply or not. Wenger and Cesc's agent (Dein) both have said the same. "Wenger: "Dein saying Barça bought champagne at sparkling wine price? David knows what he's talking about. Cesc is the best French champagne".

Bartomeu's words translated into English;
"Cesc's real price would be 60M. But he said he only wanted to join Barça. Then the market price doesn't matter anymore".

I really don't see the big deal.

Agreed, typical media word-twisting kind of BS

Its a shame so many people bought it...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
To be honest, not all of the users on this board know Spanish.

It would seem fair to translate such comments to avoid misunderstanding.

Barcafan 2304

Think there is more to a long-term vision/plan than just the Qatar deal

impeh

Hi, its me..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/07/barcelona-not-for-sale

"Barcelona is not a business, it is a feeling. We are not owned by anybody, we are an association; we do not have 'clients'. I will never put a game on at 12 noon for the Chinese audience. We do want to open up our market but not to forget our roots. While I am the president, Barcelona will never, ever be for sale."

i guess we wont be kicking off at 12 any time soon :lol:

Home of Barca Fans