• Sanchez

Votes: 98 45.8%
  • Rossi

Votes: 83 38.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 33 15.4%

• Total voters

Cesc Pistol

45 budget + 15 from player sales should mean a transfer budget of 60 million atleast. 25x2 for Sanchez+Rossi is not unreasonable but will depend on selling clubs. Both players offer something different and 5 top players for 3 positions can work out with decent rotation. The 10 or so left can be used to buy a defender Sakho might be more expensive but worth it. Else we should look for young, promising players at LB/RB.

iookram

If we buy both Sanchez and Rossi, we could not need to buy Fabregas. If needed, Messi could drop into Iniesta's floating role, Iniesta drops to Xavi's role and start Sanchez/Rossi.

impeh

Hi, its me..
If we buy both Sanchez and Rossi, we could not need to buy Fabregas. If needed, Messi could drop into Iniesta's floating role, Iniesta drops to Xavi's role and start Sanchez/Rossi.

i think thats quite likely. (hope more than think) ;)

rather have both of them for 45/50m than just cesc, would give thiago more chance in midfield.. plus as you said, messi can drop back.

Xaviesta

Both would be great, but because it seems we don't have enough money, Sanchez must be the choice.....

I think he'll have more time to play, then Rossi....

Deszie7

I picked Sanchez he's quick good with both feet and can score and create but I'd rather Aguero, Pastore or Neymar

Birdy

yeah...thats what everyone said when we bought ibra...and again when we bought villa....:lol:

Ibra and villa were wrong transfers.. especially ibra..

I think now, under Rossel, and pep being more experienced, we have spotted the right guys.. 24 and 22 ambitious and ready to play major roles for the next 6 years..

It all started with Ibra though... Damn! we must have kept Eto'o and try this plan B with a more cheap option like Kanoute..

E

estranged

It all started with Ibra though... Damn! we must have kept Eto'o and try this plan B with a more cheap option like Kanoute..

:yawn:
You can't really blame Pep or the club for the Ibra or Villa signings, IMO Villa has been a good signing and on paper Ibra looked like a good signing, he was doing well until his falling out with pep...what happened between him and pep was unfortunate but you wouldn't have said it was a bad signing when it actually happened. Anyways can I ask everyone to please stop bringing Eto/Ibra into every single discussion? Eto's 2nd half of the season in 09 was just like Villa's bad patch this season...Eto'o is a club legend but he has been gone for a while now and please get used to it :D

Zachary

On today's issue of a Chilean newspaper that's been following the Sanchez deal pretty close, they say that Udinese has set the fee at US$39 mil (E26.75mil) PLUS Bojan. That would leave almost 20 mil left for the Rossi deal, only problem is that Villareal has already clearly stated that they want nothing but cash for Rossi.

Only because this is actually related to our subject here, the same Chilean paper today says that UEFA has issued a rule where clubs that do not significantly reduce their debt within three years will be automatically disqualified from participating in the Champions League starting 2014-2015. It also adds that Barcelona has suffered losses during the last two consecutive years and it is, therefore, one of the teams that will have to shape up if they are to continue their current spectacular ride on the CL. It adds that the Catalans have disclosed a projected fiscal loss of about E21mil by the end of June, thus, their limited E45mil in available trade money at this moment.

Only problem I personally see in this whole picture is our thin defense and the fact that we're clearly committed to spend everything on the offense, or MF. I say get Sanchez and concentrate in getting some real good, routine back, up for Puyol, unless Masche has, indeed, become our NEW CB for good (which is not bad, really).

MagIX

Only because this is actually related to our subject here, the same Chilean paper today says that UEFA has issued a rule where clubs that do not significantly reduce their debt within three years will be automatically disqualified from participating in the Champions League starting 2014-2015. It also adds that Barcelona has suffered losses during the last two consecutive years and it is, therefore, one of the teams that will have to shape up if they are to continue their current spectacular ride on the CL. It adds that the Catalans have disclosed a projected fiscal loss of about E21mil by the end of June, thus, their limited E45mil in available trade money at this moment.

They are reducing the debt:
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/club/temporada10-11/06/08/n110608117926.html
Faus added that "we are reducing the club’s debt. The gross debt has been reduced from 532 million euros to 483 million, and the net debt from 431 million euros to 364 million. We want to decide our future and to do so we must reduce the debt to acceptable levels".

Whatever, i prefer sanchez (but i think all is in standby because of cesc...)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
If you want a player that can cover injuries and rotate with the forwards, Sanchez is perfect. He's the only one that can replicate Villa's off the ball movement, Pedro's work rate, and Messi's build up play to an at least competent extent.

Aasim

Bumbleman
I chose Sanchez. He seems a better fit for our team imo. I feel that Rossi will need time to adapt to a wider position, whereas 'Chez has played well in all forward positions.

I know a lot of people hate C. Ronaldo but he would be perfect for our left side and Sanchez has the potential to be as good as him with very similar qualities.

€25m-€30m would be a good price considering Caroll, Benzema and Dzeko went for more.

Home of Barca Fans