• Sanchez

Votes: 98 45.8%
  • Rossi

Votes: 83 38.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 33 15.4%

• Total voters

Zachary

would make all the glory hunters and all those barca fans that don't understand the club start jumping up and down...for the last time, we are not real madrid
What we vote here does not force Barca to do anything. It's a poll, for Heaven's sake!

E

estranged

Well the club seems intent on buying at least 1 maybe both, so is the club itself a glory hunter and doesn't understand itself? :rolleyes:

W

woobie

The most recent story on the udinese site is Pozzo saying 'maybe Sanchez will stay', which has been the one mentioned all day in the Italian media. There's nothing new on the mediaset, gazzetta, or sky italia tickers on the story.

Yugi

well maybe Pep plans to play Bojan, Jeffren and Afellay more often if we dont buy a rossi or sanchez
we will probably spend every cent on cesc
and if shit doesnt go well we still have winter transfer window

Zachary

While I do realize that we beat the best of the English in the CL, and twice in the last three years, I still like what the top English teams do in regards to bench and to the number of well rated players to rotate with. ManU had Nani and Berva off the field to start the CL final and those are well rated players. I typically see quite a few big names on their benches until later in the game and used in relief. Conversely, when we have our full starting team on the pitch, we don't have anybody really significant on the bench for second half relief, or even for games rotation, other than Bojan, Maxwell, Keita, Thiago, etc. who, in general, are just not in the same category as the starters. Ideally, we should have a first team that comprises many more than 11 players, that way our pressure stays fairly even throughout the game, immaterial who we're playing against. We need to add two super defense players and we need two strikers who, either score a lot, or create excellent scoring opportunities to others (learn from Alves' unusually high number of assistances for a defense guy!). And, of course, in doing so, we'd be not only strenghthening the team, but also renewing with younger blood for peace of mind in the future.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There is some concern in regards to our thin bench for few years now. But one needs to put Barca B in equation: Bartra, Muniesa, Romeu, Roberto.. all can step in.
We only need a forward really and thus all these rumors of Rossi and Sanchez taking the headlines.

Zachary

There is some concern in regards to our thin bench for few years now. But one needs to put Barca B in equation: Bartra, Muniesa, Romeu, Roberto.. all can step in.
We only need a forward really and thus all these rumors of Rossi and Sanchez taking the headlines.
May be Pep needs to get a little more aggressive in this respect by forcing himself to giving those players more play time for their growth's sake. This could be exercised during games that look fairly comfortable and against weaker opposition, second half where not much risk is apparent. Keep an eye on how many minutes each is getting and continue the policy throughout the season, and again, as long as it doesn't imply risking the game by doing this. Take Pedro, Villa, Puyol, even Messi or Xavi out so they don't wear out so much and kill two birds with one stone in doing so. But, again, this would take specific purpose and intention in the part of Pep. The results could be saving a lot of money and continuing coverage with in-house talent, instead.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Arrigo Sacchi: "Alexis Sánchez is a phenomenon, not only would he be good for Guardiola and Barcelona, ​​but any team."

if Sacchi is hot for Sánchez, then you gotta realise & respect the skills Alexis has. not many harder to please than Sacchi.

nebeer

Love is All
I voted Sanchez. I must admit that at the beginning I was in the Rossi camp, and even now I wouldn't mind us signing him but now it slightly tilts towards Sanchez and have this gut feeling that he would be the better choice for Barca. His game is much like Ronaldo's. He can improve to be a better player than he already is. And he can offer some directness to our game which would be a good card to have up your sleeve.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
I don't think we need either of them really, i mean we've got Affelay were would Sanchez fit into all that? I don't think a player of Rossi's calabar would be content with warming the bench for the majority of the season either. We should rather focus our efforts on getting players that we actually need which is primarily a new center back....

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Sanchez is probably the best bet for me. Rossi is awesome and a great goalscorer, but he would suit our system less IMO. Villa can move to the middle if Messi is rested, and we then have a choice of Villa/Pedro/Sanchez for the wing positions. All depends what kind of money we can negotiate for.

Home of Barca Fans