Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

Samuel Umtiti is living a dream by playing for Barcelona, the club he has admired since he was young. In an interview with France Football he praised his team-mates, starting with Andres Iniesta.

"He has the art of making complicated things simple. His vision of play is exceptional. He doesn't take it past an opponent with a dribble, like Neymar, but with a control."

Umtiti said that "starting with the goalkeeper all the players are very technical" at Barcelona, where he also had words about Leo Messi.

"He has so much ease on the ball. His talent is innate although he works a lot. In training he does things that are out for the normal. Sometimes he dribbles past everyone as if we were nothing more than cones, including me," said Umtiti.

The centre-back admitted he fell in love with Frank Rijkaard's Barcelona for their "culture of victory", a team where he remembers Ronaldinho and Deco. But later he said he was bored by Pep Guardiola's side.

"It was less passionate. I said to my friends, 'I adore Barca but when they keep possession for 10 years it's boring. Later their play changed again."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...l-messi-dribbles-past-like-were-cones-5660304

xXKonan

why he didnt play, do you know? i was hoping to see him in the classico.
I'm more surprised Lucho didn't sub him on.

If Lucho wanted to play more defensively he should've subbed him on and push Masche into the midfield instead of the Arda sub. His heading would've helped out a lot.

Altomonte

If Barça's Coach had substituted Umtiti instead of Turan, we would now celebrate and be happy. Umtiti, we hope to see you soon back as CB - to gether with Piqué. You should - from now on - be our first choice as starting CB.

LeeRomeno

Rock solid, but really Borussia was not threatening at all, couple of good plays though and seemed very confident.

Home of Barca Fans