Samuel Umtiti

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't good imo. Header was 50-50, and he did fail at offside trap for Sociedad other goal. Made few other mistakes too.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He wasn't good imo. Header was 50-50, and he did fail at offside trap for Sociedad other goal. Made few other mistakes too.

It's been constant all season long, he's just lucky he doesn't get punished from those mistakes...

Still, he's a great player and is showing great promise, so I'm not worried about it...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everyone's allowed to have 2-3 under par/bad games which he's had the last couple of weeks.

Cracks starting to appear, Bartra vibes. Come on.

If you expect a player to not have any flaws and not have any under-par-bad games in a season then you've got expectations no one can fulfill. At the end of the day, he is still new to the team and 23 years old. And he's shown himself to be smart enough to adapt and learn.

Last edited:

xXKonan

When I look at Umtiti, I look at a guy who has all the tools to be a WC CB. He has been consistent this season and one of the biggest bright spots as well and despite all this every now and then he will show that he still has his fair share of flaws that need to be ironed out, But thankfully at least in my opinion it's not a quality issue that Sam is facing.

Sam needs to improve on.

- the timing when he goes for a header

-Clearing the ball under pressure

-Passing under pressure (Well he's not that bad at it but still room for improvement in that area)

-Concentration

And the obvious stuff like positioning and I have no doubt in my mind he will improve on those aspects once he gets more experience for us.

bastardo

Bartra Vibes, the overreaction lmao. Some users here spends all day shitting on players that are not Messi or Suarez. Why even bother being a Barcelona fan?

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Does people expect Maldini level of defence his first year? :lol: Hes been extremly good for his first year, already one of the best CBs in the world imo.

xXKonan

What I like about Umtiti he's not a "Athlete" CB. when I mean Athlete CB, I'm talking about the players who only rely on their pace and strength to bail them when it comes to defending instead of tactical positioning and football intelligence.

Sam is Athletic no doubt but he has a lot more to his game that just relying so much squarely on Athleticism. He may not be as elegant as Abidal at this point in time but he's class for his age no question about it and I can't wait to see his evolution down the line.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What I like about Umtiti he's not a "Athlete" CB. when I mean Athlete CB, I'm talking about the players who only rely on their pace and strength to bail them when it comes to defending instead of tactical positioning and football intelligence.

Sam is Athletic no doubt but he has a lot more to his game that just relying so much squarely on Athleticism. He may not be as elegant as Abidal at this point in time but he's class for his age no question about it and I can't wait to see his evolution down the line.

Elegant does describe Abi perfectly!
hayet.jpg

There should be a reason why he scored with such a beauty

Barcilliant

I'm starting to get powerful Bartra vibes from this guy.

Batra vibes lol.

Batra spent years here and still wasn't as good as Umtiti. Umtiti hasn't yet been here one season. A legend like Puyol took a good three to four seasons to reach world class. Pique adapted immediately but has still had rough patches here and there.
Umtiti is still raw.

Home of Barca Fans