Samuel Umtiti

F

FlaFCB

Well, yes. But being a "professional" was meant to be a very different thing behind the iron curtain 30 years ago...
We were privileged, traveled a lot (unlike the unprivileged actual folks who couldn't), had a good life but were hardly "paid" well compared to the present standards.
In the NT our dream was to end our carriers playing a few years somewhere in the "west", getting good $$$ and experience the "real" pro circumstances but it was allowed to a selected few only, even if we had offers. I was lucky, I played one year in France like that, but I was already too old to do anything remarkable...
I played 64 games in the NT of Hungary and after that had spent 9 years working as a coach. Though I wasn't too successful in that, I admit, that's why I left that venture relatively soon.

So yes, I used to be a pro but even at my tender age of 64 I go out every Thursday and we play with some old buddies for two hours or so... It's still fun...

Didi you get to play in a world cup?

Potroh

Didi you get to play in a world cup?

1978 and 1982. Both were sad stories for the team, specially in 78 when we had a good team, unfortunately Argentina beat us 2:1 in a sort of suspicious game where two of our best players were sent off in five minutes time. If one is old enough to recall that was the WC where Cruijff didn't go for political reasons, so the Argentines won the final against Holland.
In 82 we beat Salvador 10:1 but later...

F

FlaFCB

1978 and 1982. Both were sad stories for the team, specially in 78 when we had a good team, unfortunately Argentina beat us 2:1 in a sort of suspicious game where two of our best players were sent off in five minutes time. If one is old enough to recall that was the WC where Cruijff didn't go for political reasons, so the Argentines won the final against Holland.
In 82 we beat Salvador 10:1 but later...

So you played vs Maradona? This is great stuff.

Potroh

I meant 82. Hungary played vs them again, right?

Ah sorry, I thought you meant IN Argentina. In 1982 yes of course. Easily lost by 1:4 and Maradona scored twice, but I weren't selected to play, so 'actually' I did not play against him.
But I watched the game live in Budapest when Messi played his very first NT game for Argentina (and got sent off in 13 minutes)...

xXKonan

HelpfulJoyousJaguar-size_restricted.gif

Umtiti's pass which led to Neymar getting the pen today.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona’s 5-0 win over Las Palmas was accompanied by an interesting statistic that should be kept in mind. Whenever Samuel Umtiti has featured in a league match for the club, the Catalans win.

He has played in nine matches and they have all ended up in victories. Umtiti does not know defeat, or even a draw in La Liga. Even more notable is that he has played against some tricky opponents in tricky stadiums like the Sanchez-Pizjuan, San Mames and the Mestalla.

:umtiti:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'm going to slow down the hype train a little bit, hehehe...

He makes frequent positioning mistakes, just that he hasn't been punished yet... Las Palmas only chance today came from him being in no man's land and it's not the first time...

I'm not saying he's bad or anything, in fact, he's our only positive signing lately and definitely has a lot of room to improve and probably will become a starter next season, just that he needs to be a little more careful...

xXKonan

He's been so good for us but every now and then he will show that he's still raw in some areas.

Good thing is he's 23 and he's intelligent and will learn from his errors overtime.

Home of Barca Fans