Samuel Umtiti

gregorrin10

The problem is his knee..

More like his unwillingness to get it properly fixed. I think he's afraid of losing his pace and not being the same player after surgery, but surely he can't expect to go on like this...he won't ever be that same player again anyway, if he's playing in pain all the time.

El Barcelona

More like his unwillingness to get it properly fixed. I think he's afraid of losing his pace and not being the same player after surgery, but surely he can't expect to go on like this...he won't ever be that same player again anyway, if he's playing in pain all the time.
Agree, best thing is to sell him and I really rated him before his injury but it's just the best we can do at this point. But who would take such risk and trow 50 a 60 mil for him..

abbbs97

news coming out that we're putting him on the market for 60m, not sure how reliable though.
I'd sell asap. Not only is he done but he refused to perform the surgery last year which fucked his knee even more. Not to mention how he tried to get a new contract last year. Sell before his value goes down.

xXKonan

No one is going to attempt to bid big money on Umtiti considering the uncertainty surrounding his knee.

Would be a massive risk for the buying club especially for the numbers being thrown around. Considering his knee could go out at any time.

Zidane82

I think he’s just stalling here for as long as possible- this could easily be his last big contract ., may as well stay and bank the 100,000 per week or whatever as long as possible

Tackle

I would try to offer Umtiti to Ajax in part ex for De Ligt if Juve are still stalling ..

Right, because players are mere cattle that can be shipped from team A to team B on a whim. I'm sure Umtiti would be thrilled to break his contract here and join Ajax.

Leo_Messi

Despite supposed interest from a host of clubs (many EPL clubs, PSG etc.) Umtiti has apparently no interest in leaving. Not the least surprised.

Ideally we would offload him for a decent fee and spend what we received and some extra on de Ligt.

Too early to make any final conclusions but he looks done at the highest level. Incredibly slow and a shadow of his former self. Not sure how likely it would be for him to return to previous heights with that apparently chronic knee problem.

abbbs97

Big mistake if we dont sell him. His knee injuries wont magically heal without surgery which he continues to refuse to do. We will regret not selling him and not getting de Ligt in the middle of the season when he's out for another few months and his value goes wayyy down.

Of course he wants to stay, it is after all starting to become FC Vacation Club with finished players like Rakitic, Umtiti, Roberto, Busquets wanting to stay in a beautiful city with huge wages and a coward coach willing to continually play them despite their clear decline.

Potroh

Big mistake if we dont sell him. His knee injuries wont magically heal without surgery which he continues to refuse to do.

The big mistake is if you - without using your own brain - simply believe the absolutely unreliable gossips about his knee.
Are you a qualified surgeon to so confidently "know" the actual medical details of his left knee?
Are you absolutely sure what he is refusing regarding his OWN health???

abbbs97

The big mistake is if you - without using your own brain - simply believe the absolutely unreliable gossips about his knee.
Are you a qualified surgeon to so confidently "know" the actual medical details of his left knee?
Are you absolutely sure what he is refusing regarding his OWN health???

I'm basing my judgement on a video I saw online that a doctor made about Umtiti's knee injury. He basically said that his knee injury is very serious and it is a big doubt that he can ever return to his original condition from before the injury.
He's refusing surgery because I read somewhere that he had a traumatic moment in the OR as a child and is fearful to go back in and even though the club were persuading him to go in and do the surgery last year, he still refused so his knee got worse.

Sell him and get 60m for him now before his value goes down.

Home of Barca Fans