Samuel Umtiti

El Flaco

Umtiti is argubaly the best centre-back in Europe who has potential to become an all-time great player and hasn't even reached his peak yet.

I don't blame him for trying to improve his own salary, I blame the club who put that €60m clause in the first place.

We should just give him the salary Umtiti wants and put a ridiculous high release clause to prevent such situations in future.

It took years for us to find a worthy replacement for Puyol, no way are gonna lose Umtiti.

Albo

Umtiti is argubaly the best centre-back in Europe who has potential to become an all-time great player and hasn't even reached his peak yet.

I don't blame him for trying to improve his own salary, I blame the club who put that €60m clause in the first place.

We should just give him the salary Umtiti wants and put a ridiculous high release clause to prevent such situations in future.

It took years for us to find a worthy replacement for Puyol, no way are gonna lose Umtiti.

If Umtiti leaves, Barca should go for Milan Skriniar, he will probably end up as the better centre-back in the future.

Vilarrubi

No one in their right mind would choose Utd over Barca currently... You could argue for City but not Utd.

Not really worried at all about this rumour, I’m sure Barto is on it.

FCBfan22

I don't understand him. This year, he will probably win at least a domestic double with Barca, cement himself as one of the best CB's in the world and have 3 of his very close friends playing next to him soon.
I hope this is just a negotiation tactics, otherwise he is just another mercenary.

And yea, the guy who put 60 million release clause in his contract should be shot.

El Gato

Villarato!
Umtiti:

Will you renew with Barca?
"No Answer"

Will you sign with United?
"No Answer"

Have you spoken with Griezmann about joining Barca?
"No"

Have you lied during this interview?
"Yes"

Griezmann comfirmed.

It is fooking grim how quickly many Cules turn to blame their own best players. Wow.

Albo

It is fooking grim how quickly many Cules turn to blame their own best players. Wow.

Who is blaming him? If he wants to go to United he is free to do so. Of course it's a shitty thing for the club but there are tons of other promising CB targets at the moment.

Raki13

Best CB in the world my arse , guy has been a bombscare last couple of months and if he needs more cash than he deserves get rid of him. Messi is the only person that cannot be replaced , we will always find a replacement for this guy.

FCBfan22

That post of mine you quoted has nothing to do with what you posted. He said that he lied during interview and the only thing he gave information about is Griezmann, so he lied about that.

If he wants to go and be mercenary, let him go. It's our board's fault that we installed 60m clause in his contract.

El Gato

Villarato!
Who is blaming him? If he wants to go to United he is free to do so. Of course it's a shitty thing for the club but there are tons of other promising CB targets at the moment.

No, there aren't "tons of other promising CB targets". Not ones that can slot into your CB pairing and keep you competitive for the next x years.

It's a rumor y'all...

[MENTION=22475]FCBfan22[/MENTION]
Ah, didn't suppose that'd be an actual quote. Sounds like a weird ass interview. Source?

Riordon

IMO we are overrating him. Pique is still better and under appreciated by cules IMO. A fair salary would be the same as Pique, Alba and ter Stegen. How much do these guys get?

Umtiti needs to be smart here. I’m 100% sure that if he leave an we buy Lenglet, Lenglet will take his spot at the national team within a year.

If we pay him 9m, we should pay Roberto, Pique, Busquets, etc more. Don’t do it.

gasgas

Solution

Don't sign Griezmann

Go for Timo Werner.

Use the money to improve Umtiti contract and signing youngsters like de jong

Albo

No, there aren't "tons of other promising CB targets". Not ones that can slot into your CB pairing and keep you competitive for the next x years.

It's a rumor y'all...

Ah, didn't suppose that'd be an actual quote. Sounds like a weird ass interview. Source?

I think you misunderstood [MENTION=22475]FCBfan22[/MENTION]'s post.

It's not like Barca missed Umtiti when he was injured. He is good no doubt about that but him leaving wouldn't hurt the club that much with Valverde as a manager.

FCBfan22

It's a rumor y'all...

[tw]978001910018920449[/tw]
[tw]978001987496112129[/tw]
[tw]978001951974551552[/tw]
[tw]978002016210268160[/tw]

Best CB in the world my arse , guy has been a bombscare last couple of months and if he needs more cash than he deserves get rid of him. Messi is the only person that cannot be replaced , we will always find a replacement for this guy.

Pique can be better only if he is motivated, which is not the case in half of the games.

Home of Barca Fans