Samuel Umtiti

Windhook

Yeah, at the start of the season I also noticed he was out of position which is normal for a freshman. Mistakes happen, I never said that he is flawless. The Malaga game especially was a bad one for Umtiti. A lot of marking errors, one lead to a goal, but it was called offside and another similar situation which Ter Stegen saved. The second Malaga goal - I wouldn't say it's on Samuel, it was 90th minute of the game, 8 of our players were in attacking position with Samuel being the only one back in the middle of the pitch. 2 vs. 1 situation which is easy to beat. If you watch it again you will notice that Mascherano is way out of his position when Malaga get the ball.

El Flaco

Umtiti got lucky that the ref didn't gave a penalty call to Madrid despite his foul on Cristiano inside the box.

[gfy]EmptySelfassuredIcelandicsheepdog[/gfy]

[gfy]AliveFearfulHornet[/gfy]

[gfy]UntriedSeriousCreature[/gfy]

Windhook

It's a foul. And it would have been a penalty if it wasn't Cristiano on the receiving end. Sorry to disappoint, but this guy should never ever get a penalty in his life. :lol: We also have a right to complain in later episodes of the match, Casemiro's second booking, Real Madrid's three men offside...

El Barcelona

Ref had a clear view on the second kick from Umtiti. That was really stupid of him.
The kick that hit his shorts when he was already falling? :D When you only see that it is completely normal that they don't get a penalty. But it was bad defending and a clear penalty, no doubt about it.

Horatio

You're welcome
The kick that hit his shorts when he was already falling? :D When you only see that it is completely normal that they don't get a penalty. But it was bad defending and a clear penalty, no doubt about it.

Yes, but Umtiti wouldn't know he would go down, so he's actually lucky Ronaldo did go down that easily.

God Serena

It's a foul. And it would have been a penalty if it wasn't Cristiano on the receiving end. Sorry to disappoint, but this guy should never ever get a penalty in his life. :lol: We also have a right to complain in later episodes of the match, Casemiro's second booking, Real Madrid's three men offside...

Madrid's first goal actually wasn't offside. The first man (Ramos?) was on while everyone else was off and he played it square to an obviously onside Casemiro. We just forgot how to defend and left our goalkeeper stranded.

Windhook

Madrid's first goal actually wasn't offside. The first man (Ramos?) was on while everyone else was off and he played it square to an obviously onside Casemiro. We just forgot how to defend and left our goalkeeper stranded.

No, mate. Ramos/Casemiro goal was not an offside. I was talking about another situation in the second half, when three of Real Madrid's players where behind our line of defence and the refs did nothing about it.

Last edited:

There's no problem with RM's two goals. Hard to tell which of the uncalled pen or Casemiro impacted the game more. I'd go with Casemiro though. They could have lost hard being down to 10, then 9.

God Serena

No, mate. Ramos/Casemiro goal was not an offside. I was talking about another situation in the second half, when three of Real Madrid's players where behind our line of defence and the refs did nothing about it.

Behind our defense and doing what exactly? Did they try to score?

Players can be behind the defensive line all they want and not be offside until they're part of the play.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Behind our defense and doing what exactly? Did they try to score?

Players can be behind the defensive line all they want and not be offside until they're part of the play.

I think I remember the play and yes, they did try to score... Fortunately, their three players were with the back facing the goal which slowed down the play, I think it was Benzema who received the ball with his chest and then attempted a through ball...

Home of Barca Fans