Sami Khedira

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Would this mean more time for Illaramendi, or will Xabi Alonso just take his spot after recovering from his injury last weeks?

Cule4life

The Culest
:lol: at you people thinking low will make rational decisions. He will play his favourites regardless of how they suit the team. Kroos will be preferred for the reasons you all know

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hopefully it will bee Gündogan and not Kroos, his workrate and defensive abilities arent good enough for a defensive midfielder.

To be fair Kroos has upped his work rate a lot more, and he has become more active defensively. That said, Schweini will have to assume the CDM role more forcefully and convincingly. I agree with suckabov that Kroos will not be dropped in favor of Gundogan.

Feel so sorry for Sami. Get well soon Sami, recover before the WC!

Mr Hulot

:(

This guy has a unique playing style and he is a very likable character. I think Germany will miss him more than Madrid.

Meitux

:(

This guy has a unique playing style and he is a very likable character. I think Germany will miss him more than Madrid.
What exactly is unique in his playing style and likable character? :lol:

Not a miss for either Real or Germany, this guy is average at best.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

His mentality is good for the team spirit though, for Germany that is. He is more of a "leader" on the pitch than the others and usually keeps a cool head (well, except against Barca).

Mr Hulot

I will reply with a question. Name a player with a similar playing style.. I cannot think of anyone. Also, in my opinion he seems like a very good guy, the way he behaves on the pitch is exemplary.

Der Kaiser

He's a starter both for Madrid and Germany and a favourite of all his coaches, hardly signs of an average player...

Meitux

He's a starter both for Madrid and Germany and a favourite of all his coaches, hardly signs of an average player...
And because he starts for both Germany and Real that makes him a quality player? So in that logic Arbeloa is a good player too, right?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
And because he starts for both Germany and Real that makes him a quality player? So in that logic Arbeloa is a good player too, right?
It's still hard to replace him, character-wise. As I said, he's cool-headed, positive and has become "leader" on the pitch for Germany. Neither Kroos nor the Bender brothers nor Gündogan can fully replace him in that respect. Schweinsteiger can be like that, but he's very easily influenced by his own mood (cf. 2012).

Football-wise, there are a few replacements (in order of likeliness): Kroos, Gündogan and the Bender brothers. As for Kroos, he is more of a CAM than a DM but most likely will be the man Low goes to, seeing that he tries to fit him in anyway and the CAM spot is undisputedly reserved for Ozil. Gundogan will be 2nd choice thanks to his "Dortmund deficit", not to mention that his return is still written in the stars. Sven Bender can be an alternative, Lars too, but he hasn't really played for Germany in big games. All in all, I do think there is enough depth for Khedira's absence not to be too big an issue. But if either Schweinsteiger or Gündogan doesn't make it back in time or isn't fit, this might become a problem.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope he will be back in time for the WC, although I highly doubt it.

As for RM, now that Alonso is out too, they might end up missing him more than expected.

Meitux

It's still hard to replace him, character-wise. As I said, he's cool-headed, positive and has become "leader" on the pitch for Germany. Neither Kroos nor the Bender brothers nor Gündogan can fully replace him in that respect. Schweinsteiger can be like that, but he's very easily influenced by his own mood (cf. 2012).

Football-wise, there are a few replacements (in order of likeliness): Kroos, Gündogan and the Bender brothers. As for Kroos, he is more of a CAM than a DM but most likely will be the man Low goes to, seeing that he tries to fit him in anyway and the CAM spot is undisputedly reserved for Ozil. Gundogan will be 2nd choice thanks to his "Dortmund deficit", not to mention that his return is still written in the stars. Sven Bender can be an alternative, Lars too, but he hasn't really played for Germany in big games. All in all, I do think there is enough depth for Khedira's absence not to be too big an issue. But if either Schweinsteiger or Gündogan doesn't make it back in time or isn't fit, this might become a problem.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope he will be back in time for the WC, although I highly doubt it.

As for RM, now that Alonso is out too, they might end up missing him more than expected.
Yeah well, Khedira does the easy or dirty job we call around, take the ball and pass it right after, his runs are pretty useless because of his poor technique and he wastes many chances whenever he's in front of the goal. If you want to play fast football with fast passing he is not the right man to be there. His technique is in fact average and is questioned many times, you may admire that job but i can't call him in that way a very good player.

As for Germany you're right, Kroos is not a central midfielder or box to box whatever he's been used for. I have mentioned Khedira's quality as a player, his leadership skills aren't in that way of taking risks, just take the ball and spread around. I don't know about Schweinsteiger yet, how long will he be consistent without injuries but in papers and in he's in form hes undoubtably the leader out there. I think he may have a good partnership with Gundogan, both great box to box midfielders with the right technique to be used for what Low demands but i can't know yet for him too. Obviously right now Low is gonna use Kroos more than ever as a central midfielder. And in terms of depth he is indeed a miss but i meant in the way of that they don't miss something special from Khedira's qualities to play worse without him in the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans