Sami Khedira

pEllee

When you look at the midfield of Madrid you have names like Modric, Isco, Xabi. Khedira doesn't have flair like them nor the technique. He is a simple footballer that works hard and gives his best everytime yet people tend to overlook that and compare him with the fancy players with outstanding technique like Modric and Isco.

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk

Not really, people tend to overrate all the things he does. I really don't rate him that highly.

I often hear that he's great at recovering balls yet Alonso recovers more and it's Khedira who's supposed to bring energy. As for his forward runs, they're useless since they never lead to anything. His technique is very average, which was one of the reason why they struggled so much against Dortmund. He kept getting dispossessed and couldn't handle the high pressing.

Basically, if Real Madrid want to play football that involves a lot of passing they really can't have Khedira starting. There are better midfielders out there.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The top 3 in ball recovery for RM this season are 1 - Pepe , 2- Ramos , 3- Carvajal ...
in la liga games Carvajal is no 1....

So Sami is nowhere near those

He is very good & useful player especially going forward and that's his problem because the man can't shoot if his life depends on it...

like many others .. you buy him to allow Xabi some solid partner.. the Basque legend ends up doing all the shit himself and Sami goes upfront

Gooch

A player managers love because he's big, fast, runs a lot, a good decision maker, good in the air, decent passer, and I do think he's a good finisher - you can't be on the German national team if you can't finish in the box.

Poor technique? Can't dribble? Can't make the magic pass? Will lose the ball under strong pressure? No doubt about it, but managers don't care too much about that.

But us beautiful football lovers do! I wouldn't watch a team of Sami Khediras (or Patrick Vieras or Makaleles...) if you paid me to. No self respecting Barca fan could:)

Galning

useful player especially going forward and that's his problem because the man can't shoot if his life depends on it...

This is so true. His forward runs are actually amazing for a "DM" but his finishing dear god.. So many good chances wasted.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I hate campaigning against my players but this guy can exit Madrid for all I care. I love his enthusiasim but the moment he moaned about being not liked in Madrid was the final straw. It is also clear as day light that he is protecting his NT career with his style for Madrid.

Had he scored one of the three chances he had against Barcelona, I would have put a statue of him in my room.

pEllee

A player managers love because he's big, fast, runs a lot, a good decision maker, good in the air, decent passer, and I do think he's a good finisher - you can't be on the German national team if you can't finish in the box.

Poor technique? Can't dribble? Can't make the magic pass? Will lose the ball under strong pressure? No doubt about it, but managers don't care too much about that.

But us beautiful football lovers do! I wouldn't watch a team of Sami Khediras (or Patrick Vieras or Makaleles...) if you paid me to. No self respecting Barca fan could:)

What? Of course some of them do care about that. And they should.

And strange to say that you wouldn't watch a team with Vieiras in it. He wasn't exactly just a physical player without any technique. After all, he did play for Arsenal. He could do it all. He had excellent qualities on the ball and was a beast without it.

-

Anyway, Khedira was downright awful today. His positioning at times is just shocking. Apart from running, what does he offer?

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Khedir has torn his ligament in yesterday's friendly against Italy. He will be out for a minimum of 6 months and might miss the WC in Brazil.

Get well soon, Sami!

Rahj

ouch! germany might need his defensive abilities. however, he was way too much involved in the attack (made runs etc.) yesterday.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Not sure, Kroos and Schweinsteiger (or even Schweinsteiger and Gündogan) in the back always looked good to me, at least not worse than Khedira + Schweinsteiger. His character might be missed though.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

Not sure, Kroos and Schweinsteiger (or even Kroos and Gündogan) in the back always looked good to me, at least not worse than Khedira + Schweinsteiger. His character might be missed though.

Hopefully it will bee Gündogan and not Kroos, his workrate and defensive abilities arent good enough for a defensive midfielder.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Hopefully it will bee Gündogan and not Kroos, his workrate and defensive abilities arent good enough for a defensive midfielder.

I prefer Gundigan too, but since he's still out injured and considering Low's general player tendencies, I think he would prefer Kroos over Gundogan when given the choice. I doubt he would leave Kroos out completely. I just hope he seriously drops the idea of playing Ozil up front and Kroos as CAM, trying to fit both of them in.

Home of Barca Fans