Ronaldo

B

beautifulgame

The player of my life. No player on earth comes close to the amount of joy this player offers except Zidane. Thank goodness I considered him retired 2 years ago otherwise I would have been extremely nostalgic.

A magic show, talent that is unparalleled by anyone on earth that I have witnessed. My entire football philosophy, understanding, enjoyment is summed up by this player.

I will end this right now before I go on a rant that will keep me up for another hour. I don't expect him to be a coach or to be part of football again, perhaps that is for the better. I wish him a happy life and I would like to see him come to Madrid for motivational speaks every once in a while.

Life goes on, doesn't it?

Amen brother.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
ronaldo.jpg

noooooo

C

Carefree

The player of my life. No player on earth comes close to the amount of joy this player offers except Zidane. Thank goodness I considered him retired 2 years ago otherwise I would have been extremely nostalgic.

A magic show, talent that is unparalleled by anyone on earth that I have witnessed. My entire football philosophy, understanding, enjoyment is summed up by this player.

I will end this right now before I go on a rant that will keep me up for another hour. I don't expect him to be a coach or to be part of football again, perhaps that is for the better. I wish him a happy life and I would like to see him come to Madrid for motivational speaks every once in a while.

Messi

maxan10

SirTugAlot
i fucking hate this attitude

I just feel some people really need to really look beyond 2005 to pass judgement on Football. It doesn't matter whether your're young or not, even if you weren't around to witness legends of the past or the evolution of football, there are no barriers on history(football textbooks, journals, videos) and if you feel that preceding Ronaldo with Messi is a reflection on your intelligence .. then that's your problem. Plaudits really exist for the former no matter how much Messi dominates now.

The poster also dismissed Raed's fine post with a childish response which is why I responded with that 'attitude'.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Ronaldinho (2003-2006) was just as good and influential as Ronaldo for Barcelona in 1996-1997.

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo at their best is a very close call.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Ronaldinho (2003-2006) was just as good and influential as Ronaldo for Barcelona in 1996-1997.

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo at their best is a very close call.

Both are more or less equal in achievements won at club level( though Ronaldo lacks the CL) and both had periods of recognizable dominance. They also had great success with Brazil. From the outset its pretty clear that R9 won 2 wc's and both players coincided with pivotal roles at wc02 triumph. Though both faded away drastically the following WC.. Hard to call in a nutshell though.

DucdeOrléans

Ronaldo did not play a single minut in the 1994 World Cup. So no difference on the national level.

BTW RIVALDO and Ronaldinho were just as important as Ronaldo (if not more - especially Rivaldo) during the 2002 World Cup.

Home of Barca Fans