Ronaldinho Gaucho

Galning

You know, when you don't get to see him play as often you forget things. Like I forgot just how good he was at freekicks. Just another amazing ability in his repertoire.

How?? Why?? Impossible.
Ronnie was probably the most gifted football player ever. Insanely entertaining.

Messi's goal is so .... :(

MoFroBo

How?? Why?? Impossible.
Ronnie was probably the most gifted football player ever. Insanely entertaining.

Messi's goal is so .... :(

Days of Ronnie, they have faded. Only thing left is his fanboys who are clearly most annoying in the world. :D

It is really hard to believe that this man someday used to be the best, simply if he had heart of warrior...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is a Barca legend and was the man who came amidst one of the gloomiest periods for Barca and lead us back to glory. What he is now and how he plays now has nothing to do with that. But it shows how some people have short memory and how they treat the club's legends.
I wonder how many of us would be here if Barca won nothing in last 3 years.

Galning

I would be here complaining how shit Oleguer actually is.

On topic, I can't stand it when people diss Ronnie. Especially Barça fans, he has done so much for this club but all they seem to remember is how fat he is/which night clubs he's going to. Pretty sad.

gingerless

:lol:

i give credit when it's due, so since i wasn't on this forum when ronnie was here... no credit.

he was a legend yes, but i think i have a right to call him fat etc because he is and he shouldn't be :angry:

B

beautifulgame

Just curious, do you all find your comments about Ronnie being fat as accurate? For the record, I don't.

But if you do then how do you feel about your own persona fitness?

J

Jordzibob

Just curious, do you all find your comments about Ronnie being fat as accurate? For the record, I don't.

But if you do then how do you feel about your own persona fitness?

Are you serious? He's a professional footballer, that's why he's not allowed to be fat. He's not what you'd normally consider fat, he's just fat for a footballer. :lol: You cant say, "You cant call Ronnie fat because he's probably slimmer than you, that's like saying you cant call any professional footballer crap because their better than you

B

beautifulgame

Oh, so you don't hold yourself up to the standard that you expect from others?

Fat is a simple term to define, it doesn't fluctuate by vocation.

If you were to say he should be in better shape or his fitness is not good then I'd understand, but he is not fat..

By the way, stop trolling.

Funny how a few members have found the will to start posting every other minute about utter nonsense coinciding with the huge victory in Madrid.

Last edited:

Madness

He is a Barca legend and was the man who came amidst one of the gloomiest periods for Barca and lead us back to glory. What he is now and how he plays now has nothing to do with that. But it shows how some people have short memory and how they treat the club's legends.
I wonder how many of us would be here if Barca won nothing in last 3 years.

True Story.

Are you serious? He's a professional footballer, that's why he's not allowed to be fat. He's not what you'd normally consider fat, he's just fat for a footballer. :lol: You cant say, "You cant call Ronnie fat because he's probably slimmer than you, that's like saying you cant call any professional footballer crap because their better than you

Alright lets talk about "Fat". Who is the "fattest" player on Barca right now? It's Leo Messi. You can tell just by looking at him, superficially. BUT I don't hear anyone calling him "Fat." Why is that? It's because he is still scoring goals...so people don't care what he looks like. BUT as soon as he falls into a slump....the same "vultures" will be all over him....calling him "fat."

Secondly, What's wrong with being "fat?" Physiologically, It actually helps a soccer player to fatter than most soccer players are. Endurance athletes NEED to be fatter than average people. It's actually good to have a body fat percentage around 12% - 15%.....people seem to forget that Fat is the body's BEST energy source. Many players have suffered repeated muscle injuries because they are not "Fat" enough (look at Arjen Robben)(explaining muscle physiology would take too long).

In Ronnie's case, it's ignorant to just call him "Fat." Being "fat" was just the "effect" (symptom) of what he was personally going through. His mental turmoil was the "cause." Anyone that has gone through depression, in their personal lives, has to be able to understand what it can do to a human being. Don't forget Ronnie is a human being, after all.

Someone that says that Ronnie was just a "fatty," is an ignorant jerk and a hypocrite.

J

Jordzibob

Linked with Liverpool apparently for the end of the season, :lol: :lol:

And has Ronaldinho been through a tough time? From what I remember he just got lazy and started partying too much, you might be thinking of Adriano.

gingerless

Oh, so you don't hold yourself up to the standard that you expect from others?

Fat is a simple term to define, it doesn't fluctuate by vocation.

If you were to say he should be in better shape or his fitness is not good then I'd understand, but he is not fat..

By the way, stop trolling.

Funny how a few members have found the will to start posting every other minute about utter nonsense coinciding with the huge victory in Madrid.

?

ok if you really want to know, i'm not fat i weigh less than 65 kg, does that mean i can call him fat now?

and next time you decide to critique any manager/ footballer be ready to prove you are better in some way :rolleyes:
And has Ronaldinho been through a tough time? From what I remember he just got lazy and started partying too much, you might be thinking of Adriano.

this. ronaldinho fanboys need to stop posting really, "dont call him fat" rofl...

B

beautifulgame

?

ok if you really want to know, i'm not fat i weigh less than 65 kg, does that mean i can call him fat now?

Firstly, weight alone is not a clear indication of fitness.

Secondly, Ronaldinho and every other football player at that level is in better shape on his worst day during the off-season, than anyone on this forum can claim to be in the prime of his/her life.

and next time you decide to critique any manager/ footballer be ready to prove you are better in some way :rolleyes:

Calling someone fat isn't much of a critique now is it? If I, or someone else was to make a football critique on this forum, it would only logically follow that we support such a conclusion with proper reasoning. Now, this type of discussion is well off of just calling someone fat, which even as an insult cannot be substantiated by you or that other troll Jordi.

To be honest, it doesn't even bother me that you and your trollin buddies are making straw man attacks on Ronaldinho; what bothers me is that you two and the third stooge have been running around this forum since the run-up to the Madrid game, making ad hominem attacks and nonsensical comments in just about every thread on this fourm.

You are not invoking any healthy debate, you are just spamming.

this. ronaldinho fanboys need to stop posting really, "dont call him fat" rofl...

Last edited:

gingerless

let me get this straight

you think we joined around the madrid game and are spamming threads about how shit they are/great barca is?

you come on a forum and expect everyone to have insightful and well thought-out opinions to post

you get worked up because people call ronaldinho fat

it seems to me that you don't understand what humour is (i don't find it funny etc etc) yeah it's not about you, i post here for fun my football knowledge isn't immense. that's why i read other (more knowledgeable) member's posts and i don't get worked up over other members that just post about nothing in particular...

it amazes me how serious some people can be when you make fun of their idols, relax and step outside maybe get some fresh air i think you've been spending too much time on this forum and you're taking shit way too seriously

Home of Barca Fans