Ronaldinho Gaucho

Beast

The Observer
cause they don't have to ?
cause Puyol as a captain needed to console one of his soldiers but the fans don't need to as they judge better ..

look the fans never lie, if someone is a legend he always stay a legend no matter what he won or what he did.. the fans in the liga are way smarter then this.. to give you examples from a Madrid point of view..

they never digested Robinho no matter what he did .. they were suspicious of everything he did .. at the same time you have to look @ Laudrup.. the Barca legend who moved to Real for 2 seasons.. yet he was voted as the best Real player in the last 25 years.. ahead of so many others . Carlos was much more loved then Ronaldo..etc
The Cule's consider Lucho a Barca legend.. yet you had more talents and more impact yet Lucho remain in every cule's heart ..
Ronnie was very talented.. there is no doubt about that but i think he just gave 3 seasons.. Cule's expected more.. especially that in his last 2 seasons he simply used all his credit in their eyes..

MJ there is no biased opinion when Barca fans turn on one of their stars it is for a reason.. in a city like Barcelona you can easily be spotted partying late @ night, seen slacking off in training , not running and living off his reputation and past .. Ronaldinho did all that and he is still doing it with Milan.. when Becks get ahead of you in the line up you know something is terribly wrong ..
in terms of legends i think he will be looked upon below so many names.. he is already forgotten to many.. after all 3 years in an average life span of 10 years (top footballers ) isn't enough ..

MinaFCB

i wouldnt agree with that''he just gave 3 seasons" because for that period we won CL,leagues,and he was a big ,very important part of that success..so comparing to other players-legends who are in fans' hearts,he had a bigger success and he,imo,played an important role in all that...i would never say just 3 seasons,cause those 3 seasons were great,the most spectacular in barca's recent history..

Beast

The Observer
Mijatovic scored the winner in the CL in 1997 , trust me when i say he was never a legend in Madrid, same for Anelka in 2000

MinaFCB

That's right but it cant be compared...ppl when see ronaldinho will always be related to barca,and that cl and two titles will be related to his name,if we win cl this year,symbol of that success will be messi,belletti scored goal in cl final but he isnt our legend...

maz

I walk the line
When ronaldinho left i said there is no way i will see ronaldinho and not immediately think of the club. I even said when i think of the club it will be hard not to think of ronnie. But within a few months that all changed for some reason and its totally the opposite..

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
cause Puyol as a captain needed to console one of his soldiers but the fans don't need to as they judge better ..

look the fans never lie, if someone is a legend he always stay a legend no matter what he won or what he did.. the fans in the liga are way smarter then this.. to give you examples from a Madrid point of view..

they never digested Robinho no matter what he did .. they were suspicious of everything he did .. at the same time you have to look @ Laudrup.. the Barca legend who moved to Real for 2 seasons.. yet he was voted as the best Real player in the last 25 years.. ahead of so many others . Carlos was much more loved then Ronaldo..etc
The Cule's consider Lucho a Barca legend.. yet you had more talents and more impact yet Lucho remain in every cule's heart ..
Ronnie was very talented.. there is no doubt about that but i think he just gave 3 seasons.. Cule's expected more.. especially that in his last 2 seasons he simply used all his credit in their eyes..

MJ there is no biased opinion when Barca fans turn on one of their stars it is for a reason.. in a city like Barcelona you can easily be spotted partying late @ night, seen slacking off in training , not running and living off his reputation and past .. Ronaldinho did all that and he is still doing it with Milan.. when Becks get ahead of you in the line up you know something is terribly wrong ..
in terms of legends i think he will be looked upon below so many names.. he is already forgotten to many.. after all 3 years in an average life span of 10 years (top footballers ) isn't enough ..

So you're you again? RIP Steab. :smiley_scared:

Top post, for me Ronnue will always have an asterisk next to his name in our history books, he gave three great seasons but should have given so much more, he had a place on the top table reserved for him alongside Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Eusebio et al and he blew it.

maz

I walk the line
Talking of steab, I gotta say, the oig references were pretty dam funny CA!

As for ronaldinho, i agree completely with beast. It feels like a slap in the face for alot of cules. Like i said earlier i can separate his mentality before the CL and after it..its almost like they were two completely different people. But what he did wasnt normal of most players. Thats why different cules deal with it in different ways. Im more saddened than annoyed by it all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just a general thought and I hope noone shoots me if I say: Keep it friendly! :smile:
Not a warning, just a plea. God knows I often went over the line with comments and personal remarks in my past. All we need is to just make a distinction between not agreeing with someones post/opinion and not agreeing with someone as a person.

How boring would it be if we all agreed on everything...

F

FCB_Titi_LB

its quite simple:
he enlightened us all with his magic. I can only thank him for this. Even if it was only 1 match (figure of speech)...i would have thanked him...he even got us CL title ...
what happenned afterwards..who cares? I will always remember a player by his highlights

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I see it this way: Ronaldinho spoiled us with his world class performances and when he lost the motivation it began to show on the pitch and that`s where things went wrong. He was still a good player but we all knew he was capable of more.

MJ BarcaFan

--- are you saying that all barca fans are judgemental? if i were you, i'll be careful about making such sweeping statement. may i remind you that my comments refer to the article translated by fcbmina.

--- maybe madrid fans' views do not necessarily coinside/jibe with cules'. from your statements, you are saying as though all fans think the same way which imo is not realistic. if that is so, there would be no differences of opinion among all fans!

--- so basically what are you saying? these barca players you mentioned are considered "traitor" by cules, ronnie is not.

---- how sure are you that cules do not treasure ronnie in their hearts? even some madrid fans respects ronnie, do you recall the standing ovation madrid fans gave ronnie at the bernabeu? only maradona & him can elicit such grand gesture to a barca player. therefore in madrid fans' eyes maradona = ronnie, wouldn't you agree?

--- it seems that you kept on underestimating cules' sentimentality when it comes to their players especially of ronnie's stature. if you have read the aforementioned article it is clear as daylight what ronnie's impact stands for as far as fcb is concerned.

Beast (you are a madridista, right?) thanks for your reaction but I am not here to judge ronnie, to me what is important and relevant is ronnie's contribution to the fc barcelona club in times of the club's darkest moments. of how his plays made barca fans happy and his overall impact as an ambassador of barcelona during that time. of how he brought glory to camp nou once again after 6 or so years. of how barcelona became a great team again after a long drought of title-less seasons. he made fcb a winning team from a loser team! some may have trivialized these things but to all other cules, it means the world to them.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
MJ - I realise you are a big fan of Ronaldinho but I think you underestimate the ability of cules to dwell on the negative. For many the two terrible seasons that Ronnie left after are enough to cloud the memory of the three great years he gave us before, nobody is ungrateful for what he did give us and he was given all the appreciation that the crowd could give during his good years but when it comes to a place in the history books the good is always weighed against the bad and ronnie's failure to fulfill his full potential and his failure to establish what Americans would call a "dynasty" with Barça will be held against him by many diehard fans for the next few years at least. From a personal perspective I loved what he gave us and he has given me many of my best footballing memories but something always sticks in my throat when I come to talk about Ronnie because he lost the desire to give everything to the club. Players like Cruyff, Kubala, Pep, Luis Enrique, Stoichkov et al didn't have that slow death.

Evil

Shabazz
It´s not like we´re sitting here and saying screw what he did in his last 2 years, as long as he played good for 3 seasons then he can do whatever he wants ... We feel the same way, sad, dissapointed, angry at what he did. But look at the matter as a whole, he wasn´t treated fairly by the fans, press, nor the club, ofcourse it was his mistake for slacking but I´m had be been given a better treatment he would have found his form again. Sadly he went into a dip which he could never recover from. In the end when speaking about Ronnie some us choose to look at the first 3 seasons, and some us choose to look at his last 2.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
MJ - I realise you are a big fan of Ronaldinho but I think you underestimate the ability of cules to dwell on the negative. For many the two terrible seasons that Ronnie left after are enough to cloud the memory of the three great years he gave us before, nobody is ungrateful for what he did give us and he was given all the appreciation that the crowd could give during his good years but when it comes to a place in the history books the good is always weighed against the bad and ronnie's failure to fulfill his full potential and his failure to establish what Americans would call a "dynasty" with Barça will be held against him by many diehard fans for the next few years at least. From a personal perspective I loved what he gave us and he has given me many of my best footballing memories but something always sticks in my throat when I come to talk about Ronnie because he lost the desire to give everything to the club. Players like Cruyff, Kubala, Pep, Luis Enrique, Stoichkov et al didn't have that slow death.

Imo. Cruyff had one single good season as a Barca player.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It´s not like we´re sitting here and saying screw what he did in his last 2 years, as long as he played good for 3 seasons then he can do whatever he wants ... We feel the same way, sad, dissapointed, angry at what he did. But look at the matter as a whole, he wasn´t treated fairly by the fans, press, nor the club, ofcourse it was his mistake for slacking but I´m had be been given a better treatment he would have found his form again. Sadly he went into a dip which he could never recover from. In the end when speaking about Ronnie some us choose to look at the first 3 seasons, and some us choose to look at his last 2.

Why ignore either? I look at both.

Home of Barca Fans