Ronald Koeman

FinBarcelonafan

Well... good luck hiring Pep, Tuchel, Klopp, Naggelsmann, Flick then. :lol:

Maybe we bring another EV type from a midtable club like Marcelino tough... someone to save you money for sleeping pills.

I am optimistic Laporta is smarter. All the talk about German coaches makes me more excited than signing those Marcelino's from the Spanish league. No more that type of signings PLEASE.

vegitot

Well... good luck hiring Pep, Tuchel, Klopp, Naggelsmann, Flick then. :lol:

Maybe we bring another EV type from a midtable club like Marcelino tough... someone to save you money for sleeping pills.

Might as well stop thinking about EV, Marcelino those types, and bring in the real big daddy of small to medium clubs management, Unai Emery.

Good luck to hire Xavi who refuses to coach Barca to stay in Qatar with money. And Xavi is not even a midtable coach now. He is Qatar/AFC champion league group stage level.

FinBarcelonafan

Good luck to hire Xavi who refuses to coach Barca to stay in Qatar with money. And Xavi is not even a midtable coach now. He is Qatar/AFC champion league group stage level.

Yeah, the more I read about Xavi the less excited I am. He thinks he is some genius, yet he hasn't done crap(in coaching). Yes, he was a genius player, but it takes different skills to make your players play like that.

He seems uber-confident, which is a negative and positive of course.

Laplacian

Maybe you should stop looking at coaches after they secure major success and long term deals at their clubs, perhaps maybe then the pool of talented managers will rise? You were against Nagelsmann a year ago because "he hadn't proved himself" and now that he's at Bayern he's now in the list of world class managers even though nothing has changed for him at all in regards to trophies. If Barcelona looked at all the rising coaches in Germany touted for their tactics, style of play and youth development then our managerial options wouldn't be so bleak.

Unfortunately I know Barcelona will never do that, it's either the unattainable superstar coaches, obscure La Liga ones, or the Barcelona DNA legacy ones like Xavi.

serghei

That's right. He's a new manager, just starting up. I want a new manager who happens to be a tier 1 Barca legend and the best midfielder of all time or thereabouts. Not some 55-65 years old dud who's never been anything more than a midtable manager for years and years.

What do you want:

- someone who can flop or be one of the best managers

or

- someone you know he's average and will stay like that?

I know which one I want if "someone who is already one of the best managers around" is off the table.

FinBarcelonafan

Maybe you should stop looking at coaches after they secure major success and long term deals at their clubs, perhaps maybe then the pool of talented managers will rise? You were against Nagelsmann a year ago because "he hadn't proved himself" and now that he's at Bayern he's now in the list of world class managers even though nothing has changed for him at all in regards to trophies. If Barcelona looked at all the rising coaches in Germany touted for their tactics, style of play and youth development then our managerial options wouldn't be so bleak.

Unfortunately I know Barcelona will never do that, it's either the unattainable superstar coaches, obscure La Liga ones, or the Barcelona DNA legacy ones like Xavi.

I don't think a young coach like Nagelsmann would be a good fit with the old players we had(If we still had Messi). Now the situation is different. We are soon an Amigo-free club and we can start fresh with a new coach and new tactics.

Old players and Nagelsmann would be probably horribly fit. Think Setien. He would demand them to run and do things.. It would explode like with Setien.

Things changed a lot since Messi left though. The power has shifted to coach again, because any player could be thrown away.. (If Messi can leave, anyone can..)

serghei

I don't think a young coach like Nagelsmann would be a good fit with the old players we had(If we still had Messi). Now the situation is different. We are soon an Amigo-free club and we can start fresh with a new coach and new tactics.

Old players and Nagelsmann would be probably horribly fit. Think Setien. He would demand them to run and do things.. It would explode like with Setien.

Things changed a lot since Messi left though. The power has shifted to coach again, because any player could be thrown away.. (If Messi can leave, anyone can..)

True, the old amigos respected 2 things: big names (someone who means for the managing world as much as they think they mean for the players' world) and managers who let them do their thing. With a non-big-name that comes in with enthusiasm and demands, it's a cursed relationship from the start. They either bend or break.

JamDav1982

Xavi will be next boss as little chance any established name will take it.

By then the vast majority of the turmoil Koeman had to deal with will be at very least coming to and end and the young players he has trusted will be even further developed.

FinBarcelonafan

True, the old amigos respected 2 things: big names (someone who means for the managing world as much as they think they mean for the players' world) and managers who let them do their thing. With a non-big-name that comes in with enthusiasm and demands, it's a cursed relationship from the start. They either bend or break.

Exactly, now that Messi is gone, the oldies would have to adapt or leave. They would most likely work harder.

Messi leaving was huge for this team, in terms of rebuilding it.

vegitot

That's right. He's a new manager, just starting up. I want a new manager who happens to be a tier 1 Barca legend and the best midfielder of all time or thereabouts. Not some 55-65 years old dud who's never been anything more than a midtable manager for years and years.

What do you want:

- someone who can flop or be one of the best managers

or

- someone you know he's average and will stay like that?

I know which one I want if "someone who is already one of the best managers around" is off the table.

I have nothing against Xavi being Barca coach. Just he won't come here to replace Koeman. Think Koeman will leave after this season. Xavi will stay until 2022 World Cup over at least. Maybe even more years in Qatar as it looks like he waits for perfect condition at Barca. He won't throw himself in current situation just like he refused Barca before.

serghei

I have nothing against Xavi being Barca coach. Just he won't come here to replace Koeman. Think Koeman will leave after this season. Xavi will stay until 2022 World Cup over at least. Maybe even more years in Qatar as it looks like he waits for perfect condition at Barca. He won't throw himself in current situation just like he refused Barca before.

Then Laporta better up his game and secure a top-class manager, because if the team gets it wrong again, we're gonna end up like United, in transition for 10 years.

Or maybe somehow Laporta is a genius and he comes up with an unknown name which happens to be a great hit. But Xavi at least has several things you can be hopeful about (most except experience in Europe as a manager). A completely new name out of the blue is even more risky.

But as I said, we need someone who is great already (ideal), or someone who can be great. That excludes mid-table managers for a long time, because they've stayed mid-table for so long because that is their level.

Last edited:

vegitot

Then Laporta better up his game and secure a top-class manager, because if the team gets it wrong again, we're gonna end up like United, in transition for 10 years.

Probably. Think Laporta will go to someone like Lopetegui or similiar with Liga experience...

JamDav1982

Or he keeps Koeman if Barca finish top four and show development throughout season.... in deluded belief can get Pep in 2022.

Home of Barca Fans