Ronald Koeman

Barcilliant

Clubs like Leicester and Wolves have more appeal than Barca. Even Allegri mentioned that he wanted to manage in the epl. No mention of Barca. If Koeman leaves it will be a youth team coach who takes over. We probably won't even make it to the El if that happens.

serghei

Clubs like Leicester and Wolves have more appeal than Barca. Even Allegri mentioned that he wanted to manage in the epl. No mention of Barca. If Koeman leaves it will be a youth team coach who takes over. We probably won't even make it to the El if that happens.

Many have figured out by now that at Barcelona the manager doesn't get to fully use his powers. No serious manager will come to Barca to be dicked by Messi and the board that will immediately take his side when push comes to shove.

So, yes, we're not going to be appealing to big managers until things change drastically.

Super curious if he has the balls to bench Messi after seeing the team plays better without him. He can't disguise it as resting him anymore :lol:. Doubt he has. Will probably go on like this, saying how we need to improve until he is sacked.

No matter the manager we have, Messi is playing exactly the same way. He is coaching our managers :lol:.

malvolio

Super curious if he has the balls to bench Messi after seeing the team plays better without him. He can't disguise it as resting him anymore :lol:. Doubt he has. Will probably go on like this, saying how we need to improve until he is sacked.

No matter the manager Messi is playing exactly the same way. Messi is coaching our managers :lol:.

Nah, because even he knows those 2 games in the CL mean diddly squat. "the team plays better" my ass, get the fuck outta here:lol:

Messigician

Points won by Barca managers in their first 10 league games:

🇪🇸Pep - 26
🇪🇸Vilanova - 28
🇦🇷Tata Martino - 28
🇪🇸Valverde - 28
🇪🇸Setein - 23

🇳🇱Koeman - 14😳

ITS TIME TO GO

Barcilliant

Points won by Barca managers in their first 10 league games:

����Pep - 26
����Vilanova - 28
����Tata Martino - 28
����Valverde - 28
����Setein - 23

����Koeman - 14��

ITS TIME TO GO
Koeman has had the worst squad at the worst time possible.
It's easy to blame him but even if he gets sacked do you think anyone else is going to do a better job?

Laplacian

Koeman has had the worst squad at the worst time possible.
It's easy to blame him but even if he gets sacked do you think anyone else is going to do a better job?

At the same time, he deliberately chooses the worst line up almost all the time when he has better options. 3 number 10s and sometimes 4 in the lineup, no wingers, barebones midfield when you clearly have midfield options (though not good ones), and shit substitutions like sacrificing midfielders and defenders when you're chasing a game...

The dude is a clear amateur.

Barcilliant

At the same time, he deliberately chooses the worst line up almost all the time when he has better options. 3 number 10s and sometimes 4 in the lineup, no wingers, barebones midfield when you clearly have midfield options (though not good ones), and shit substitutions like sacrificing midfielders and defenders when you're chasing a game...

The dude is a clear amateur.

I agree but please tell me who you would replace him with?

fergus90

Still no answer on who would replace Koeman.
Plenty of people calling for his head but no idea who to replace him with.

He shouldn't have been employed in the first place. Outside of the Eredvisie and the National Team he's been a disappointment overall. But this baffling need to recruit Barca DNA is crippling the club. The fact that the incompetent Bartomeu thinks your the solution is evidence enough you're not. Koeman the tremendous player is not Koeman the tremendous manager. There is no point sacking him now, but in the summer the club wasn't clever(no surprises there) in finding a replacement.

Naglesmann
Pochettino
Gallardino
Bielsa
Allegri
Wenger (1 year stop gap due to elections)
Henckyes (see above)

All in my opinion were currently better and realistic options had the club decided to not look for a former player given their unemployed status, managerial achievements or current clubs. Anyway people get too caught up in 'names', Pep was inexperienced when he got the job at Barca, Klopp wasn't a big name when he took the Mainz job that earned him the Dortmund gig, Flick spent years as an assistant. At this point in time, I'd take the unproven over the proven failure.

Our list of candidates was:
Koeman
Martinez
Xavi (unproven)

Talk about tunnel vision for Barca DNA.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

He shouldn't have been employed in the first place. Outside of the Eredvisie and the National Team he's been a disappointment overall. But this baffling need to recruit Barca DNA is crippling the club. The fact that the incompetent Bartomeu thinks your the solution is evidence enough you're not. Koeman the tremendous player is not Koeman the tremendous manager. There is no point sacking him now, but in the summer the club wasn't clever(no surprises there) in finding a replacement.

Naglesmann
Pochettino
Gallardino
Bielsa
Allegri
Wenger (1 year stop gap due to elections)
Henckyes (see above)

All in my opinion were currently better and realistic options had the club decided to not look for a former player given their unemployed status, managerial achievements or current clubs. Anyway people get too caught up in 'names', Pep was inexperienced when he got the job at Barca, Klopp wasn't a big name when he took the Mainz job that earned him the Dortmund gig, Flick spent years as an assistant. At this point in time, I'd take the unproven over the proven failure.

Our list of candidates was:
Koeman
Martinez
Xavi (unproven)

Talk about tunnel vision for Barca DNA.

I'm fine with that list but I'm talking about our present reality. Pochettino and Allegri won't come near this club.
The first task of the new president will be to raise some funds. They will need to go to the bank and get a serious li e of credit and find a way to service the debt. Unless we pay proper wages we are not going to attract anyone. Players and managers will go to Everton or Villa before they join us.

El Gato

Villarato!
None of the good names will touch Barca with a tenfoot pole if your finances aren't sorted out first. Your best bet is to stick with someone that cares about the club and has some experience i.e. Koeman.

Barcilliant

How much is the release clause of Upamacano and Leichester city fc Soyuncu?
LOL doesn't matter cause we can't afford them. We can't even afford fucking Garc?a for 10 fucking million. Those guys are in the sixty to seventy million bracket.

None of the good names will touch Barca with a tenfoot pole if your finances aren't sorted out first. Your best bet is to stick with someone that cares about the club and has some experience i.e. Koeman.

I've been saying that all along but if we are in 12th position come end of January Koeman will be gone. I don't think anybody else will do a better job but this is the reality of the situation.

mc_lovin

I like Poch, but Allegri is the stuff of nightmares.

I guess both would have lead us to an uninspired top4 finish. Koeman at least tried though. His ideas are pretty clear, but the squad just doesnt fit.

fergus90

Whats with Pochettino or Allegri ?

Don't get me wrong i'm not 100% keen on Allegri either, i'm just stating before Barca went for Koeman I gave an example of managers I consider who have shown more than Koeman as a manager or won more.

Minus Koeman's Barca DNA his tenure as a manager has been pretty poor. No league titles since 2007 and managed to do the bare minimum with Benfica where he neither improved or declined them, same with Southampton. Everton and Valencia was an absolute shit show.

My point is there are several managers out there who are either more successful or who have the potential to be. But the need for Barca DNA hinders that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans