Ronald Koeman

FinBarcelonafan

My idea of success for next season would be

-Play all the young players and never play the amigos who are useless even if we have a injury crisis
-Gets to implement his idea and no one else's (basically what you said)
-Reaches at least top 4
-Not get humiliated in CL

I hope the new board's idea of success is like that.

This sounds very good. Like it. No expectations and build for the future.

Messi983

Ronald Koeman is taking Alfred Schreuder with him to FC Barcelona. The assistent-manager of Erik ten Hag during the succesful 2018/19 season who was very loved within the squad. [@VI_n]

He was also assistant of Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim.

Horatio

You're welcome
I posted about Schreuder a while ago that it was believed among staff and said by players that he was the mastermind behind some of the brilliant tactics of Ajax.

khaled_a_d

Tbh Koeman doesn't have the type of personality to back down from what he want to do. He's like LVG in that it's my way or the highway.

LVG second reign comes to mind with Koeman.
I don't expect personal success, but LVG made Puyol CB again, helped Xavi, promoted the likes of Iniesta and VV which was good moves that made things easier for Rijkaard.
Also he has courage to change players positions, which could be good tbh. I think we might have a youngster or two surprising us.

But result wise he might disappoint big time.

FinBarcelonafan

LVG second reign comes to mind with Koeman.
I don't expect personal success, but LVG made Puyol CB again, helped Xavi, promoted the likes of Iniesta and VV which was good moves that made things easier for Rijkaard.
Also he has courage to change players positions, which could be good tbh. I think we might have a youngster or two surprising us.

But result wise he might disappoint big time.

No expectations for the next season. That's a plus for him.

George_Costanza

Former Hoffenheim coach and Ajax assistant coach Alfred Schreuder (47) will be Ronald Koeman's assistant coach at Barcelona [voetbal international]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Van Gaal did well (despite Europe failures) and so did Rijkaard.
Barca had a distinctive style playing best football and both managers had youngsters and Barca future in mind and not using Barca as an opportunity to embellish their CVs.

Koeman as Barca legend will have authority and he could do good as Dutchmen before him.

Home of Barca Fans