Romelu Lukaku

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Scored 8 in his first 9, and 1 in his last 11. This is part of why he was loaned out, he's not ready to lead the line for us at the moment, and to be honest he needs another loan next year if you ask me. Apparently the real reason he was loaned is because after we signed Eto'o he got worried, and wanted to ensure he's playing very week during a World Cup year, and immediately asked for a loan right after his Bayern penalty miss. Mourinho wanted to keep him and work closely with him but Lukaku insisted so Mourinho ended up loaning him away. Of course there's still time until the end of the season and he could improve a lot but as I see it he's probably not going to be ready for us yet.

Last edited:

romelu

Lukaku scores two goals in as many games, after coming back out of injury. This weekend the equaliser against Arsenal.

Everton PL count: 11 goals (out of 22 games, I believe).

Nice detail: seems like West Bromwich Albion without Lukaku, has dropped 10 places in the ranking.

Galning

This guy is really something. Most of the time when he plays/scores it's a bit awkward but the ball always goes in, it's amazing.

Wouterinho

He just needs to add some more consistency to his game and he'll be a monster.
I also think he should improve technically.
He's amazing on the counter-attack, but when he's playing in a world class team (and he will one day), he'll play most games against a team that's focussing heavily on defending. So his next step should be improving his linking up with team mates (he has already been improving these skills under Martinez imo).

Galning

I would love it if we bought him.

I wouldn't. As Wouter said his technique is rather dreadful for a striker. Especially his first touch is very weak. If we were to sign him this summer, just for the sake of the argument, he would just embarrass himself.

romelu

I wouldn't. As Wouter said his technique is rather dreadful for a striker. Especially his first touch is very weak. If we were to sign him this summer, just for the sake of the argument, he would just embarrass himself.

I follow this player from his revelation with Anderlecht age 16, and he's not a dreadfull technician at all. With Anderlecht he was leathal especially on counters (ask Ajax), very fast and high scoring rate. Spectacular goals. With a weak first touch you can't do this kind of stuff. But indeed he's not a co-playing striker as is his fellow countryman Benteke (Aston Villa). In England his field play however improved a lot as it did with the Belgian National squad (ask Croatia).

Though I do believe he's too young for the Barcelona level and it could be that the Barca house style isn't his kind of game. Some more years with levels like Everton and age 23-24 he should be fit to join a European top squad.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Has a lot of work ahead for himself but there's clearly a bevy of skills at his disposal that make him an intriguing possibility for any team...He's very much an unpolished gem but Barcelona will never truly be in for him at this stage...Trying to pry a Chelsea player like that is futile

romelu

Has a lot of work ahead for himself but there's clearly a bevy of skills at his disposal that make him an intriguing possibility for any team...He's very much an unpolished gem but Barcelona will never truly be in for him at this stage...Trying to pry a Chelsea player like that is futile

For a start, he should leave Chelsea. It's obvious now Mourinho had to position Eto'o for financial reasons. The Chelsea policy isn't the right one for young (cheaply purchased) talents like Lukaku and for that matter Kevin De Bruyne as well.

Now I read today Chelsea would be positive towards a sale of Lukaku this summer. Everton hasn't the money so if it's indeed the case, marked is open.

romelu

I wouldn't have him as a starting striker but he wouldbe an excellent alternative coming from the bench.

There wouldn't be much financial risk if Barcelona would buy him this summer, I presume.

I just wonder what the Belgian would realise if assisted by guys like Xavi and Iniesta. He was the best youngster in the Premier League at West Bromwich Albion, with a poor midfield behind him.

romelu

And another winning goal for Lukaku, against Swansea City. I believe it's his 3th match scoring, in 4 games after his come back.

Home of Barca Fans