Romelu Lukaku

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Apparently Lukaku asked for the loan. Probably cause he was a sub for the first bunch of games so he got worried since it's World Cup year. That's understandable, there's less risk next season.

Galning

Lukaku isn't Drogba. I really don't get why people keep comparing them. Besides their physical attributes they are nothing alike. Totally different style of play.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, it's a lazy comparison for all the obvious reasons...Doesn't remind me of Drogba at all, maybe in terms of strength if anything

Alg1878

Lukaku is doing brilliantly for us at the moment and a lot has been said about Mourinho loaning him out. From what I have seen of him so far, he is another one who is quite inconsistent and I can see why he was loaned out. When he first come he would be brilliant for 35 mins, tailed off and then looked exhausted after 60 mins. His fitness is improving as he's playing a lot of 90mins, however there is a lot for him to learn before he becomes a top class forward. He has a knack for getting in the right spot which is what you want from a forward but his first touch and awareness need to improve a lot. He also needs to be more involved as he tends to drift in and out of games.

I would say he's not at a level where Chelsea can say he's the no1 forward and trust him to start every game, he would be under a lot more pressure there and the way teams set up against Chelsea would mean he would be isolated upfront on his own and would need to hold the ball up much better than he does now. As for the links to Barcelona, there is no way he is anywhere near technically good enough to play for you and probably never will be as that's another step up again from Chelsea.

romelu

Lukaku is said now to be for sale for 28 million pounds by the end of the season. Mourinho wants a new striker who is more mature, but still sees the Belgian player as an important back up.

Just as Kevin De Bruyne, who went to Wolfsburg, Lukaku should take this opportunity and change clubs.

xavisionary

Is Lukaku not a Mou striker? In terms of workrate, tracking back and speed on the attack? He got the best out of Drogba, don't see why he couldn't get the best out of Lukaku. And he's already better than Torres and Eto'o.

Howes

Chelsea will keep him, there losing Eto and Ba at the end of the season, watched Lukaku a number of times on loan at WBA, fantastic player

romelu

Is Lukaku not a Mou striker? In terms of workrate, tracking back and speed on the attack? He got the best out of Drogba, don't see why he couldn't get the best out of Lukaku. And he's already better than Torres and Eto'o.

Apparently he's not a 'Mou striker', as the Special One didn't keep him in the Chelsea squad anyway. And now, for the right price, he can even move to another club. For Lukaku's career, moving would be the best choice. Look at Courtois, he's a 'hostage' now and Chelsea blocks his career. If Atletico plays Champions League next season, he will be called back and either be a sustitute at Chelsea or loaned again to a minor team.

Mourinho isn't the coach who launches new young talents. He only wants players who are shaped for service allready. He now wants a new striker for next season and mentions Cavani (PSG).

Home of Barca Fans